Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I have learned-round 11 v West Coast Eagles 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    To even have Gowers in the team let alone in the middle shows where we are at. That experiment has failed Bevo and you were wrong. All is forgiven Simon Dalrymple.
    This is a very presumptious post, when you don't know who Dalrymple wanted to use the pick on.

Gowers has played 30 games and kicked 40 goals - which is a miles better return than anyone from that rookie draft with maybe the exception of Brody Mihocek - who was not in our sights.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    In my opinion Gowers carries less than 1% of the responsibility for where the team is.
    That's arguable, but agree the broader point persists, our issues go much much deeper.

Gowers' foibles are amplified because he's often on the end of everyone else's hard work undone by brain fades and crap efforts and we know what too often transpires when the ball trampolines out of our forward fifty. If he was a fraction smarter without the ball and more clinical with his opportunities he'd avoid much of the heat he cops.

He's not though, and lest he improves we'll be a better team when he's ousted by those more deserving.
    Last edited by Rocket Science; 06-06-2019 at 02:15 PM.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    That's arguable, but agree the broader point persists, our issues go much much deeper.

Gowers' foibles are amplified because he's often on the end of everyone else's hard work undone by brain fades and crap efforts and we know what too often transpires when the ball trampolines out of our forward fifty. If he was a fraction smarter without the ball and more clinical with his opportunities he'd avoid much of the heat he cops.

He's not though, and lest he improves we'll a better team when he's ousted by those more deserving.
    I agree with you. Keep him as the number 3 forward and teach him how to improve, and he could be an asset.