Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  47
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V West Coast R11 2019

I think football players see fans as byproducts of the theatre. They are respectful when they need to be because they are made to understand the value of the membership dollar. There are exceptions, Murphy for instance.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Sulking is a poor word on my part. Just not feeling it as a group. Very young people, and so much is expected of them.
    If they aren't sulking then some of them sure look like it...I don't mind the word.

The sentiment about membership $ I don't agree with - that isn't and shouldn't be the players concern - but it is hard watching them (seemingly) go through the motions at the moment. I think if they did a faces in the crowd exercise at the moment they would not be happy at the actions they needed to describe.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

3. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well a punch in the head to the AFL. Christ on a bike, we have 50 thousand cameras at the ground, and the vision from the TV station can't be feed through to score review because of a 'Technicality' . Turn on your TV you bunch of....
    "We will continue to educate...." I just hate that they act all high and mighty and stuff up the most simple things.

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    If they aren't sulking then some of them sure look like it...I don't mind the word.

The sentiment about membership $ I don't agree with - that isn't and shouldn't be the players concern - but it is hard watching them (seemingly) go through the motions at the moment. I think if they did a faces in the crowd exercise at the moment they would not be happy at the actions they needed to describe.
    It's not surprising we lost, but letting them humiliate us was.
    But what are you supposed to say? ' that was disappointing', I believe is the term these days.
    F**** Filthy!!! is what you used to be able to say.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think the original plan was Naughton but with Boyd on a LTIL and no replacement sought for him Naughty was sent forward which worked.
    It just screams that we are lacking in KP depth. It makes you wonder why we didn't try and replace Adams?
    This was my main concern before the season began.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Do you really feel that way? That's never been even a second thought for me and we've been through vastly harder tests than this
    I think most of the players have a respect for the fans who turn up at games and support the club.
    Not really, I'm a member for life and it starts automatically each year. I'll be honest though driving down to watch them and waste additional money on petrol, parking, food etc and also my time on the road certainly comes into play now.

7. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You've called out Macrae a few times now - what is it you're seeing in his game that makes you think he's sulking? I sorta saw it against Carlton, but I think its more a combination of his role being necessarily smaller having to play away from the ball, an unfamiliarity with how to play the position, and an allergy to having shots on goal (therefore placing a hard ceiling on any impact i50) that is subduing him more than poor attitude/application.

(I'm genuinely asking btw - feel like that can get lost at times)
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    You've called out Macrae a few times now - what is it you're seeing in his game that makes you think he's sulking?
    (I'm genuinely asking btw - feel like that can get lost at times)
    It's because I think he is our BEST PLAYER that I keep calling him out. He can pretty much do anything on a footy field and his want for the footy - screaming for it from his team-mates from 50m+ away as a junior - is legendary. Now he seems to be going through the motions.

It is hard to define and describe I guess but when I watch him play, I don't see the Macrae of last year who was ready to hunt the footy at every opportunity...he has his head down ALL THE TIME - just doesn't look happy. I don't have the same 'body language police' concerns about McLean because even though his impact has been down he always 'looks' like he is having a go and trying to get involved. There was one situation on the weekend in (I think) the last quarter when the ball rolled ob in front of Jackson and he almost seemed relieved...

How do you define body language as good or bad? I don't know. He is a leader though and his body language is bad. To me, there are a lot worse places to be playing footy than in the forward line of a team that is ranked (or was before the weekend) 6th for scoring/inside 50's...hell, worst case you might kick a few goals and add a couple of zeros onto your free agency contract/get another couple of years at the end of your career because someone thinks you might be able to 'go forward like gazza'.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

10. Thanks Happy Days thanked for this post
    Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    This was my main concern before the season began.
    The cub seemed to know Boyd was unlikely to play this year, but I'm sure the expectation was that Schache would continue to at least be part of our best 22.
    Naughton is fantastic forward even if he's not always getting the rewards for it on the stats sheet. I do believe we asked the question about some opposition talls? I agree we need depth in this area, even if it's a cheap pick up in the Sam Day mould.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

It's because I think he is our BEST PLAYER that I keep calling him out. He can pretty much do anything on a footy field and his want for the footy - screaming for it from his team-mates from 50m+ away as a junior - is legendary. Now he seems to be going through the motions.

It is hard to define and describe I guess but when I watch him play, I don't see the Macrae of last year who was ready to hunt the footy at every opportunity...he has his head down ALL THE TIME - just doesn't look happy. I don't have the same 'body language police' concerns about McLean because even though his impact has been down he always 'looks' like he is having a go and trying to get involved. There was one situation on the weekend in (I think) the last quarter when the ball rolled ob in front of Jackson and he almost seemed relieved...

How do you define body language as good or bad? I don't know. He is a leader though and his body language is bad. To me, there are a lot worse places to be playing footy than in the forward line of a team that is ranked (or was before the weekend) 6th for scoring/inside 50's...hell, worst case you might kick a few goals and add a couple of zeros onto your free agency contract/get another couple of years at the end of your career because someone thinks you might be able to 'go forward like gazza'.
    While not disputing we need more from Jacko at the moment - among many others - given his extended record as a tireless contributor almost without peer, the fact the likes of him are seemingly dropping their heads sets off certain alarm bells.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

I think he has only been down the past two weeks and it just happens we recorded our lowest inside 50's with 49 and 46, whereas we were averaging almost 60.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.