Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  39
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I seriously dont know

how some of the people drawing a wage from our footy club can hold their heads up when they provide performance after performance after performance, season after season after season like this.

Do they have no shame? I mean if I was getting hundreds of thousands to do a job I would at least make sure that I could do the basic fundamentals (and when we are talking footy that is kicking, marking and shooting at goal straight as a player and providing a gameplan that plays to our strengths as coaches) of that job. We are going backwards, not forwards.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I seriously dont know

We still have to bottom out. It's not going to be fun this year at all. Premiership of elite kids, then followed by going lower on the ladder year, after year after, year since. Every chance if things continue next year then there's another Shocktober type event. I don't have many addictions, mainly this club, and I just wished it was more fun for more of the time. It doesn't make me nearly as happy as it could or should.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    We still have to bottom out. It's not going to be fun this year at all. Premiership of elite kids, then followed by going lower on the ladder year, after year after, year since. Every chance if things continue next year then there's another Shocktober type event. I don't have many addictions, mainly this club, and I just wished it was more fun for more of the time. It doesn't make me nearly as happy as it could or should.
    You expect an addiction to be fun? You and I probably have traditionally come at addiction from different angles but addictions are never a happy thing whether its caffeine or heroin. So you're right in that it hurts but that's what it is supposed to do.

I still think we should have made the situation with Stringer (especially) and Dalhaus work the way we made it work with Tom Libba. We don't (and never have had) so many quality players that we can afford to pissing them up against the wall when they do come our way. We should have given Stringer the fright of his life, got some commitments about him being more professional and then bought him back into the group. Now Essendon are going to get the benefit of his ability, and it will come.

5. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s OK - we will re-sign the coaching group soon.

7. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Bevo is getting a new contract a year early. Good to know team performance isn't a KPI.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Bevo is getting a new contract a year early. Good to know team performance isn't a KPI.
    Absolutely laughable.

10. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You have been banging on about coaching for 2 years, it gets tiresome. How about looking at the playing group. We have players that are just not good enough to be out there.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that will make things A1 brilliant. And hopefully we will sign the entire group as a package and tell them to never change a thing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You have been banging on about coaching for 2 years, it gets tiresome. How about looking at the playing group. We have players that are just not good enough to be out there.
    About time you actually open your eyes to what’s happening, you’re right I’ve been critical of them for 2 years and what’s changed? Nothing, but good to hear you’re still defending them.

If I didn’t know any better I’d swear you’re a paid employee.

Post Thanks / Like

And these players are chosen by, prepared by and instructed by whom?

Oh yeah, it's the coaches...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    And these players are chosen by, prepared by and instructed by whom?

Oh yeah, it's the coaches...
    Coach can't kick it for them
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

People were banging on about the world being round for years too. They were right. Time doesn't make a fact wrong. That something as painfully obvious as our coaching group isn't being addressed needs to continue to be debated in my opinion whether it's tiresome or not. It's a huge problem and no one deserves a 'pass' for taking this club from premiers to lower on the ladder each year running for three years. Players and coaches, and fitness staff.

Post Thanks / Like

I am at a loss to understand this. Not the fact we did not win. The Eagles are a powerful team, on their home ground, with more to play for than us. But something about this performance has raised massive questions for me on where we are headed and where improvement will come.

I have been a massive supporter of Bevo and always try to retain faith, but the appearance of disinterested players over the past couple of weeks is really starting to grate on me. I am seeing those signs of a lack of effort which is what I hate more than anything, players not showing care for each other to lead hard, to apply the block, to do the one percenters. I am completely puzzled at our strategy, selections and direction. Our club worked so hard to pull off that amazing flag, but to be a bottom 4 team ago so soon feels a lot harder to take than all those years of misery just seems worse.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

18. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I am at a loss to understand this. Not the fact we did not win. The Eagles are a powerful team, on their home ground, with more to play for than us. But something about this performance has raised massive questions for me on where we are headed and where improvement will come.

I have been a massive supporter of Bevo and always try to retain faith, but the appearance of disinterested players over the past couple of weeks is really starting to grate on me. I am seeing those signs of a lack of effort which is what I hate more than anything, players not showing care for each other to lead hard, to apply the block, to do the one percenters. I am completely puzzled at our strategy, selections and direction. Our club worked so hard to pull off that amazing flag, but to be a bottom 4 team ago so soon feels a lot harder to take than all those years of misery just seems worse.
    I'm not even angry as an emotional response. I'm really disappointed with a tinge of sadness, because I agree with everything you post.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Bevo is the problem.
    I do think our lack of change throughout our whole coaching group IS part of the problem.
    I would be disappointed if Bevo were to either be turfed or if he got sick of it and put his hat in the ring for say a North, Carlton or maybe Saints job.
    I'm recalling Leigh Matthews getting the sack at Collingwood...after being made the fall guy for their failure 5 years after their premiership.
    How'd that work out?