Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
So....what did you come back with?

1. I don’t actually have an issue with whatever we decide...unless what we decide is just to roll with it and let the match-ups be as they may. At the end of the game if we have conceded 25+ touches to Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Adams, Phillips and treloar - and let Sidebottom win the ‘metres gained’ tally...well, we are gonna lose again.

2. We need to have a shutdown player on our list...why not try Hayes? Why not try Dale? Hayes actually has a lot of attributes for the job and Dale could do with learning how hard he needs to run to get a kick...
Oh, I can see the arguable merit of both ideas from a coaching perspective, I just don't think either's likely to work, but I suppose if we're going to salvage anything from this year it might be some measure of 'development' so sure, why not? That's about where we're at, throwing some proverbial at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Sidebottom's their version of Macrae when Jacko's on song; in everything, everywhere, tireless running forward and back, linking, distributing, a thousand cuts type stuff.

I'd be inclined to give Smith the job with licence to go where opportunity presents, he'll certainly be around it enough if Sidebottom's his quarry all game.

It's games like these where you wish we'd groomed an understudy to Picken.