Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  77
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 14, Vs Collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Dickson has offered us absolutely nothing this year yet keeps his spot. Bevo's skate boarding buddy Smith comes in. Surprised then he didn't play the injured Gowers. He will have all his buddies in the team soon.

We will lose guys like McLean who will go to another club and dominate playing in their right position.
    That's a pretty unfair post.
    On the basis that you don't like the team lineup you infer that we, a professional sports club, selected someone because he's Bevo's skateboard buddy and has some plan that ends up with all his buddies in the team.
    And then asserted that Mclean will leave us, because he's a victim of being played in the wrong position.

C'mon...you're better than that.
    Yes, Mclean had a good year in the midfield last year. But with Libba coming back in, and Bailey Smith demanding selection our midfield unit has to become more flexible. And to be honest, its not as if this is a role foreign to Mclean; he's done it all bar last year.
    To me it's clear he's broken some in-house, non-negotiables last week that has resulted in his demotion.
    As for Dicko, he still kicked 2 goals last week and worked hard (if not noticeably).
    Roarke has according to reports done well and deserves a chance.

I was hoping we'd bring Lewis Young in this week, but he's clearly in selectors thoughts (as is Mclean).
    Macrae & Libba's egos have survived the ignomy of being dropped. I suspect Mclean will do similar and earn his spot back soon.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With McLean & Libba out, I’d expect to see Bailey Williams with midfield minutes.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

The question I have in regards to Mclean is does he play midfield or forward when he drops back to VFL level? Is there any point playing midfield if he cant get a game in the guts in the seniors?

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood have really doubled down on the tall timber (adding in Ben Reid late).

It could backfire on them on a quick deck like Marvel and hand us an advantage.

Or they could use their six thousand tall targets to tear us a new one.

*crosses fingers*

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah quite a statement there from Bevo.

Toby has been out of form in 2019 so not surprising but wouldn’t have expected him to be omitted. Dale and Gardner no surprises there. Hopefully when Toby comes back he can recapture that form again. Jack Macrae even though he has been ultra consistent he hasn’t been as damaging in previous years. Need to play him in the midfield. Josh Dunkley has thrived there. Josh was very good in the latter part of 2018 as well.

Look forward to see how Schache goes on Sunday. Hopefully he can do some damage up forward. Wasn’t a good game last time we play the Pies for Schack. Tim English another I’m hoping takes on the challenge. Was very good last week.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get this whole out of position point of view re McLean. Sure he's not playing as many minutes where he has demonstrated he can be his best, but, it's not like we're asking him to play in a back pocket.

The truth is he's always played forward of centre if not on the ball. If he's not doing what we want of him in that role, and we need him to be doing what we want of him in that role, then something needs to be done about it.

Whether it's the right call or not, time will tell. Though in a team that is struggling for natural forwards, loaded up with half backs and has many other players who play their best footy in the middle rather than forward something has to give, and for whatever reason, Toby's number was up.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

8. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Toby has been down on form from last year's efforts but I didn't think he was that bad that it warrants dropping him. He has probably not kicked enough goals I suppose but apart from that I thought he was playing half forward (tricky position) pretty well. He tackles well and seems to create opportunities to score so it seems a quite harsh decision to me. Anyway obviously they coaches want more from him and want him to fix his deficiencies at Footscray.
    When he ran into an open goal in the first quarter and simply had to pick the ball up to kick the easiest of goals...couldn’t do it, accidentally soccered it and by a miracle It rolled through (mostly as the defender trying to touch it smashed into the left hand post)...

That counts as a goal but wasn’t ‘really’ (and yes, I know it’s not how but how many)...he is horribly out of form and the fact that we love his effort and team first attitude can only cover that up for so long. Rather than asking why, we should probably all be asking what has taken so long...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    Just heard from Roarke’s dad that Roarke is a definite in.
    If that’s true maybe don’t post it on the internet...don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to get the info but Collingwood WILL find out soon enough...why hand it to them on a platter.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Dickson has offered us absolutely nothing this year yet keeps his spot. Bevo's skate boarding buddy Smith comes in. Surprised then he didn't play the injured Gowers. He will have all his buddies in the team soon.

We will lose guys like McLean who will go to another club and dominate playing in their right position.
    I actually think our fwd line functions better when Dickson is playing. Maybe his experience helps the others... not sure. I like him in the team.

12. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    When he ran into an open goal in the first quarter and simply had to pick the ball up to kick the easiest of goals...couldn’t do it, accidentally soccered it and by a miracle It rolled through (mostly as the defender trying to touch it smashed into the left hand post)...

That counts as a goal but wasn’t ‘really’ (and yes, I know it’s not how but how many)...he is horribly out of form and the fact that we love his effort and team first attitude can only cover that up for so long. Rather than asking why, we should probably all be asking what has taken so long...
    Toby has been out of form for most of the season and I am surprised it took this long to drop him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

With Libba out it makes sense to chuck McLean back in the middle instead he's dropped and another HBF is brought into the team. It's just another one to add to the long list of questionable changes from our MC. At least they're consistent. Hopefully we'll see Lloyd, Roarke and numerous others not equipped to run through the midfield get plenty of time in there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    With Libba out it makes sense to chuck McLean back in the middle instead he's dropped and another HBF is brought into the team. It's just another one to add to the long list of questionable changes from our MC. At least they're consistent. Hopefully we'll see Lloyd, Roarke and numerous others not equipped to run through the midfield get plenty of time in there.
    I tend to agree that if they were to give McLean another chance this might have been the week but I do believe the MC has got things right particularly over the last 2 weeks and we could very well see a quick bounce back into the senior side by McLean

It's important that we test some of the fringe players in a managed way before the end of the season to help with list management decisions.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Roarke is not another HBF added to the team.

He has been playing well at Footscray and the reports indicate as a type of defensive forward. Last week I went to the Footscray game and he appeared to play wing half forward and was very creative.

He deserves hi spot.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

17. Likes hujsh, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I tend to agree that if they were to give McLean another chance this might have been the week but I do believe the MC has got things right particularly over the last 2 weeks and we could very well see a quick bounce back into the senior side by McLean

It's important that we test some of the fringe players in a managed way before the end of the season to help with list management decisions.
    Yeah no issues I just don't see it should be at the expense of a player of McLean's calibre. He hasn't been great in 2019 but in no way shape or form has been below best 22 standard.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah no issues I just don't see it should be at the expense of a player of McLean's calibre. He hasn't been great in 2019 but in no way shapemor form has been below best 22 standard.
    Lippa has come in and basically taken his opportunity and Mclean’s Spot.

I am sure Toby will get back into the team
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.