Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  77
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 14, Vs Collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Hayes is on the never again list too.

And what should I have seen earlier?
    When I said Dale wasn't AFL standard, I recall a comment - all good, just happy you agree with me.

As for Hayes, you could be right, but I would like to give him a go at this level and not judge him on two games.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Out: Dale Libba Gardner Cordy

In: Roarke Smith West Schache Le Young
    Should have added in out Bailey Williams and in Dureya or La Young

I know they will not make this many changes but seriously want Le Young, West and Scache in

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Should have added in out Bailey Williams and in Dureya or La Young

I know they will not make this many changes but seriously want Le Young, West and Scache in
    I forgot about Duryea, I did my ins and outs on the train.

For me scratch Hayes, Duryea must play

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

As for Hayes, you could be right, but I would like to give him a go at this level and not judge him on two games.
    He played 5 games straight
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

In Richards, Duryea and Schache or Lewis Young
    Outs Gardner, Liberatore and Dale

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He played 5 games straight
    Stop spoiling a good argument

7. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like these changes but did Richards do enough in the two's for a recall?
    He was good in a couple of quarters but faded once the game was well in hand.

Schache for Gardner
    Lewis Young for Cordy
    Duryea for Liberatore

Dale gets another week or that's it for the season unless he gives the match committee no option but to pick him.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I just listened to the press conference and Bevridge sounded like he was going to give Gardner more time. Makes sense to give him more time but looked completely lost last night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I just listened to the press conference and Bevridge sounded like he was going to give Gardner more time. Makes sense to give him more time but looked completely lost last night.
    I guess it does, I'm just keen to get Schache back into the line-up and I think he would also be a better option for the rucking chop outs, I just don't now how we can maintain a player who had just one kick and two handballs

What concerned me with Gardner was he failed to make contact with his opponent in a few critical contests last night
    The Kruezer goal from a snap was a critical lesson to learn for him but I don't think he did. He needs to play with a bit more vigour

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it does, I'm just keen to get Schache back into the line-up and I think he would also be a better option for the rucking chop outs, I just don't now how we can maintain a player who had just one kick and two handballs

What concerned me with Gardner was he failed to make contact with his opponent in a few critical contests last night
    The Kruezer goal from a snap was a critical lesson to learn for him but I don't think he did. He needs to play with a bit more vigour
    I could not believe that Gardner was used in the ruck against someone as experienced as Kruezer . That poor decision nearly cost the game.

I don’t want to see Schache in the ruck. He is tall but has never displayed ruck characteristics. But he should be in the team.

On the other hand I have been impressed by some of Young’s ruck work , he would be a sensible option for backup. And I cannot understand why he isn’t in the team. (Has he had less than one kick and two handballs?)

Post Thanks / Like

Out: Dale (credits used up) Liberatore (inj) Gardner (not ready yet) Williams
    In: West (what better time to give him a run, we aren't going to make the 8 anyway) Schache Lewis Young Richards

Post Thanks / Like

Out: Dale, Libba, Williams
    In: Duryea, West, Richards

West to play forward and hopefully bring some forward pressure. Duryea slots into half back and Richards on a wing.

I'm in the give Gardner more time camp, purely because we need to see whether there's something worth persisting with into 2020. We know what he can do at VFL level, I think he gets a solid 5 week block to see whether we contract him further.
    Last edited by lemmon; 16-06-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    I'm in the give Garnder more time camp, purely because we need to see whether there's something worth persisting with into 2020. We know what he can do at VFL level, I think he gets a solid 5 week block to see whether we contract him further.
    That’s a fair point. In my head I think it’s silly we’re developing him over Schache, but given the circumstances of his recruitment/contract we probably need to judge Gardner of a 5-6 week period. Personally I haven’t seen anything yet.

I’ll be frustrated if Lewis Young doesn’t come into the side to either support Cordy or for Cordy. I find it ridiculous that we aren’t pumping games into Young yet continue to put up with Cordys poor performances.

Post Thanks / Like

Trengove on Cox or Grundy that's the interesting one this week. Love the idea of English resting forward with Trengove doing some grunt work but our defence has been bloody awful recently. Could we trust Le Young/ Cordy(one of the worst games I've seen in Bulldogs colours last night)on Cox? I'd actually prefer to see how Gardner would play in defence if he does get another chance, absolute craziness playing him in front of Josh atm.

Time to give Sweet a look maybe? Baptism of fire though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I’ll be frustrated if Lewis Young doesn’t come into the side to either support Cordy or for Cordy. I find it ridiculous that we aren’t pumping games into Young yet continue to put up with Cordys poor performances.
    Yeah Young if nothing else looks more physically capable of playing on key forwards than Zaine right now. I'm pretty impressed with how much he has developed his physique in the past 12 months, and hopefully some increased strength will be matched by some increased footy smarts.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -