I don't watch much VFL - and I missed the 1st quarter Sunday - but I was surprised Lewis Young wasn't listed in our best. Thought he competed well and came away from a few contests cleanly with speed to release up the ground.

Cavarra is very neat with the ball, and I'm sucker for a good kick. Only saw his forward pressure exerted once as he came up the ground quite a bit, but he looks to have the tools ...whether he's ready yet or not (as in, games in the legs - he looks every bit a senior player physically)

In : Young, Cavarra

Out : both Smiths

Though Roarke did ok - but Cavarra would be better.

That pass from Bailey to Schache in the 3rd quarter was a gem showcasing a skillset our midfield lacks...but draws the short straw after a quiet game / needing a refresher.

Or you could drop Wood and have Cordy play 3rd tall. Or drop Cordy I guess. I'm in tank mode really - I honestly enjoyed the game on Sunday, we'd have to be one of the better 4th from bottom sides in a while, we were pretty fierce at the contest (especially early) The lack of polish is of course frustrating, but another top 5 pick could help address this sort of thing (see Smith, Bailey)