Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  27
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 15, Vs Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Watch him kick 6 after last week when he couldn't even take a mark.
    He won't with Trengove on him. I reckon it's a good matchup for Jackson - battle of the beards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    He won't with Trengove on him. I reckon it's a good matchup for Jackson - battle of the beards.
    Kicked 5 last year at Ballarat, and pretty sure Trengove was on him at times.

I am an optimist and hope we can pull of a win, but Dixon will still kick plenty win or lose.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Kicked 5 last year at Ballarat, and pretty sure Trengove was on him at times.

I am an optimist and hope we can pull of a win, but Dixon will still kick plenty win or lose.
    Trengove was our main ruck and our best player on that freezing day (worst weather in my forty years of going to games). Adams was mostly on Dixon and was slaughtered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    Trengove was our main ruck and our best player on that freezing day (worst weather in my forty years of going to games). Adams was mostly on Dixon and was slaughtered.
    Adams was mostly on Dixon and yes Trengove was in the ruck and performed well
    It was the Mars Stadium game where there were only about 6,500 people at the game. Many chose to stay home

Naughton, Adams, Roberts and even Roughead struggled to hold Ports talls
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    Thanks for clarifying.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I digress. We actually put in a solid effort against the Pies last week, and while we didn't have Billy Gowers bad haircut to blame for our goal kicking we can't really do anything that will change that from a selection point of view.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I digress. We actually put in a solid effort against the Pies last week, and while we didn't have Billy Gowers bad haircut to blame for our goal kicking we can't really do anything that will change that from a selection point of view.
    Against Collingwood we just needed a miss by them and one more accurate kick from us. We really put in a good performances on so many levels. Scoreboard accuracy was our issue

Post Thanks / Like

Port are an impressive team and I'm not as confident against them as I was against the Pies but if we can get on a role we should test them. If Naughton has a good game it could test them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Against Collingwood we just needed a miss by them and one more accurate kick from us. We really put in a good performances on so many levels. Scoreboard accuracy was our issue
    According to the expected goals stat we should've won by around three goals, and we also should be sitting equal 8th.

We are all getting sick of the whole coulda, shoulda, woulda.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Port are an impressive team and I'm not as confident against them as I was against the Pies but if we can get on a role we should test them. If Naughton has a good game it could test them

Port are a very up and down team, if it was in Melbourne I have no doubt we'd win.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Weather update- Pissing down at the moment and have had over 10mm since about 6am.

60% chance of rain around 6pm, falling to about 40% by the first bounce, and 15% by 9pm.

If it becomes a repeat stoppage kind of slug, I wonder if we throw caution to the wind and ruck Trengove 50% with English sitting forward when he is resting to try to clunk any hacked kicks forward (or bring them to ground).

Even if we have to rotate Naughton between Forward and Back- I think it is a better option than having English get monstered by Lycett in three trillion ball ups.

13. Thanks azabob, BornInDroopSt'54, bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m in Adelaide by happenstance so I’m gonna cop this game - can confirm its wet as hell but not raining right now.

I don’t know if a wet game favours us or not. Lycett is an incredible stoppage ruckman and slaughtered Carlton in similar conditions earlier this year. At the same time I think our mids are slightly better, Bont is the best wet weather player in AFL/VFL history (this is based on nothing btw) and the conditions will hopefully mitigate Dixon, who regularly kills us.

We should have won in the monsoon at Adelaide last year, but we seem to be saying that most weeks.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

15. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post