Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  25
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 16, Vs Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I quite like the look of the team but I think we should stick with Richards for another week

Richards had 6 possessions but 7 tackles and Wood has 5 kicks and 1 tackle a week after a similar lackluster performance.
    Are we looking at the right players
    ?
    Found it interesting on Saturday night when Wood lost a bad one on one in their F50 in the 2nd quarter - the camera focused on Bevo who did a 180 so not to be in front of the camera for whatever it was he spat out.

Now he might 've been bemoaning the lack of accountability up the ground or the loss of defensive structure that allowed a high ball one on one....but I thought it was a bad effort from Easton in the moment, and I suspect the coach thought likewise.

Still can't see him dropped though
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Found it interesting on Saturday night when Wood lost a bad one on one in their F50 in the 2nd quarter - the camera focused on Bevo who did a 180 so not to be in front of the camera for whatever it was he spat out.

Now he might 've been bemoaning the lack of accountability up the ground or the loss of defensive structure that allowed a high ball one on one....but I thought it was a bad effort from Easton in the moment, and I suspect the coach thought likewise.

Robbie Gray out bodied him in that one. I thought Easton misjudged that completely.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1145565165712134144
    Last edited by bornadog; 02-07-2019 at 12:14 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Robbie Gray out bodied him in that one. I thought Easton misjudged that completely.
    And the kick by Dixon was brilliant, made it impossible for a backman to spoil without infringing. Want to see more of that in our forward line!

Post Thanks / Like

It was good body work from Gray but Easton went too hard too early. He needed not to make body contact as that was what he was clearly being set up for.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Well.

If (as we were told) McLean went back to the VFL with a list of things to work on, he should come back in when they are FIXED, not when it is convenient.
    Was he told? Legitimate question.

The week before, he was the non playing emergency. To me that indicated that he was simply the 23rd player picked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Was he told? Legitimate question.

The week before, he was the non playing emergency. To me that indicated that he was simply the 23rd player picked.
    A lot of people were dirty on Bevo dropping Mclean, however his performance this year has been below par, and he needed to be dropped. MJP asks a legitimate question, one game in the VFL, has he addressed his deficiencies? Very difficult to tell as the VFL is a lower standard.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Could Roarke play a deeper role on one of the Cats forward smalls? Dalhaus, Miers, Pick 19? I'd want to make sure we have cover for them.

I wouldn't change after that victory unless injury.
    I am not a fan of Roarke but happy to give him another opportunity. I think the conditions favored him last weekend as I think his skill level is ordinary. Will be interesting to see how he goes against Geelong on a fast and dry track. Hope to be proven wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of people were dirty on Bevo dropping Mclean, however his performance this year has been below par, and he needed to be dropped. MJP asks a legitimate question, one game in the VFL, has he addressed his deficiencies? Very difficult to tell as the VFL is a lower standard.
    What was his deficiency though - if it was 'show us you can still be in the play for 120 minutes' than I'd suggest he's done that.

Given he was the travelling emergency when dropped I don't think it was a flaw-fixing exercise like (for example) Lipinski who had to work on his inside game before getting another shot at the seniors.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    What was his deficiency though - if it was 'show us you can still be in the play for 120 minutes' than I'd suggest he's done that.

Given he was the travelling emergency when dropped I don't think it was a flaw-fixing exercise like (for example) Lipinski who had to work on his inside game before getting another shot at the seniors.
    I am only guessing.

Maybe he was just dropped for bad form.

Post Thanks / Like

I am only guessing.

Maybe he was just dropped for bad form.
    Ditto.
    He had patches in games where he just wasn't involved and I know that Bevo is big on the 'get involved somehow' mantra.

Naughton chases and harasses when he doesn't have the ball, Schache was dropped as he wasn't doing that for two games in a row. There's a consitency to it.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless the MC didn't think there was anyone else who'd earned that 23rd spot at the time.

Its all a little confusing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post

I did see that, absolute classic. First time I've really seen him lose it in the box. Fair to say the honey moon is over. Think he might be using the just for men as well he's completely grey under there !

He did the complete 180, leaned forward and spewed his anger onto the coaches box floor. My immediate thought was it was Easton's poorly timed spoiling attempt but it was more likely a series of things culminating in that. Can't recall if Dixon got a free just before as he was the one who centered it. Good to see some emotion from the coach.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton game his decision making and skill level was well below par under pressure. Live at the ground he was mentioned by some neutrals I had with me in regards to this. I'm just guessing this is part of the stuff they want him to work on.

Post Thanks / Like

But if he needs to go back and work on some aspects of his game why would you have him in the non playing emergency role for the first week? It sort of makes sense but not complete sense
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe McLean was just dropped. Not dropped to work on anything, just dropped for poor performance? Was admittedly pretty stiff to have to be the 23rd man but a game of VFL is probably worth more to the other emergencies than McLean (plus, ya know, what if we actually needed to use the emergency).
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -