Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  25
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 16, Vs Geelong

Who else thinks we’ll see Lachie Hunter play Caleb’s distributor role over the next few weeks?
    Last edited by SquirrelGrip; 06-07-2019 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Grammar
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Who else thinks we’ll see Lachie Hunter play Caleb’s distributor role over the next few weeks?
    Would he think quick enough to distribute. Caleb not that quick either but he has a knack of being able give himself time and most of the time pick the right option.
    Lachie stops props and spins too much.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Would he think quick enough to distribute. Caleb not that quick either but he has a knack of being able give himself time and most of the time pick the right option.
    Lachie stops props and spins too much.
    Also I think it might hurt his strength of covering major ground a game. His kicking might be a bit too loopy/dinky, which is more of an issue down back. My dark horse for it is Richards. I seem to recall a highlights video in his last TAC Cup season, where he was playing a very similar quarter back role. It might be good for him especially to throw him into the action too with 9 or less disposals in 3 of his last 4 games.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Bulldog4life, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We did that once, against North in 2016. Hunter had 44, it was brutal, we kicked 6 goals for the game and lost.

I vote we accept Caleb and his unique talents are out of the side and adjust rather than replace.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be surprised, he often plays that role in small stints, but more around the HBF line rather than the deeper role Caleb plays.

I expect Williams to play down there.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see Suckers down back. That leg cannon can be dangerous.

Post Thanks / Like

What will be interesting is if we have some one play Caleb’s role or change our game style because he’s too unique a player. It’s more than possible someone else takes the role and is more damaging (e.g Suckling breaking the lines), forcing Caleb into a different role when he returns.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

What will be interesting is if we have some one play Caleb’s role or change our game style because he’s too unique a player. It’s more than possible someone else takes the role and is more damaging (e.g Suckling breaking the lines), forcing Caleb into a different role when he returns.
    No doubt Bevo will be changing the game plan for tonight. Last week we switched to a territory game due to the conditions. We had a different game plan for Collingwood which would have worked if it wasn't for bad kicking.

Geelong may get a surprise tonight.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I hoping Pig moves into Daniel's role and we play deep to him to optimise his kicking ability. I don't want pig kicking 15m passes.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs no change
    as predicted by Bevo, Rohan comes in

Post Thanks / Like

If we look to deploy someone in Daniel's 'QB' role, for mine Williams and Suckers are territory users whose usefulness is going long in straight lines, not that that can't work exiting defensive fifty, but you don't want either trying to dissect a zone or direct play in traffic, they're instinctive get-it-and-go players.

If we want someone with Caleb's dare and ability to create with sneaky dishes by hand and foot as BT suggests Ed's the most logical go. What he lacks in Daniel's work by foot he makes up for with run and carry. His form's been iffy but he's got it in him.

If the game plan relies on someone in the gig, give him the job and watch him respond.
    BORDERLINE FLYING