Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  25
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 16, Vs Geelong

The calls for Piggy out are ridiculous easily best 22. He'll have some off days but what he brings on the good ones is elite. Single-handedly kept us in the game against Carlton with 10 minutes of inspired football. Needs to stay and I can't see Bevo dropping him.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Based on VFL reports, McLean was BOG and Cavarra kicked a bag.

In: McLean, Cavarra

Outs: Suckling (half back or VFL), Roarke (based on bringing in a small forward for balance)
    Could Roarke play a deeper role on one of the Cats forward smalls? Dalhaus, Miers, Pick 19? I'd want to make sure we have cover for them.

I wouldn't change after that victory unless injury.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    The calls for Piggy out are ridiculous easily best 22. He'll have some off days but what he brings on the good ones is elite. Single-handedly kept us in the game against Carlton with 10 minutes of inspired football. Needs to stay and I can't see Bevo dropping him.
    Couldn't agree more. He converted his chances on the weekend and is pretty clever with the ball, albeit not a trait coupled with the ability to find the ball. We should be manufacturing ways to get it to him more.

I'd find it hard to drop anyone from what was a tremendous effort in ridiculous conditions, but McLean probably has to come in. If Daniel doesn't get up then we should probably swing Williams back.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    He's been a good player, I didn't think he played well on the weekend but you shouldn't really even consider dropping him after one below average performance

I'm confident he will bounce back
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Caleb to miss 3 to 4 weeks
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Caleb to miss 3 to 4 weeks
    Now that really hurts us. Forget hitouts, losing Caleb for a month is a significant hit to our strategic set up.

Post Thanks / Like

Cavarra needs to come in, he looks a class above vfl, and we could use some zip around goals.
    I think Tory Dickson is struggling to be honest, sure he still kicks straight but he's not the same player he was. Looks slow
    and old out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Cavarra needs to come in, he looks a class above vfl, and we could use some zip around goals.
    I think Tory Dickson is struggling to be honest, sure he still kicks straight but he's not the same player he was. Looks slow
    and old out there.
    Dickson has kicked 2.0 in each of the last 3 games since returning to the team. He's there to kick goals and he's doing just that. If Cavarra came in and kicked 2 goals a game we would all be singing his praises.

9. Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With Daniel out McLean has to come in...well should come in

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Dickson has kicked 2.0 in each of the last 3 games since returning to the team. He's there to kick goals and he's doing just that. If Cavarra came in and kicked 2 goals a game we would all be singing his praises.
    Dickson was one of the best players against Collingwood. Can he be dropped for looking old.

Post Thanks / Like

In: Cavarra, McLean
    Out: Daniel (inj), Richards (6 touches)

Looks like:

B: Suckling Trengove Wood
    HB: JJ Cordy Crozier
    C: Hunter Dunkley B. Smith
    HF: Lloyd Schache McLean
    F: Cavarra Naughton Dickson
    R: English Bontempelli Macrae
    Int: Duryea R. Smith Williams Lipinski
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    In: Cavarra, McLean
    Out: Daniel (inj), Richards (6 touches)

Looks like:

B: Suckling Trengove Wood
    HB: JJ Cordy Crozier
    C: Hunter Dunkley B. Smith
    HF: Lloyd Schache McLean
    F: Cavarra Naughton Dickson
    R: English Bontempelli Macrae
    Int: Duryea R. Smith Williams Lipinski
    I quite like the look of the team but I think we should stick with Richards for another week

Richards had 6 possessions but 7 tackles and Wood has 5 kicks and 1 tackle a week after a similar lackluster performance.
    Are we looking at the right players?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I quite like the look of the team but I think we should stick with Richards for another week

Richards had 6 possessions but 7 tackles and Wood has 5 kicks and 1 tackle a week after a similar lackluster performance.
    Who do you replace Wood with, and how do you set a structure that can ensure we're not defencively weakened by not having him in the team?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Wood has no current replacement as far as I can see. If in three weeks he's still under his best, maybe there's an argument for Morris to take his role. Wood, I don't think is avoiding attention for a relatively poor season. But I think the reality of him being captain and a lack of competition for his spots tends to a conclusion that he's not going to be dropped.

The stat sheet I saw Richards had 6 touches, three of them clangers (owing to the conditions). It's a fair question to ask, especially since Richards has 9 touches or less in 3 of his last 4 games. Maybe he needs to work on his game at the VFL level.

In my mind Daniel out, moves Suckling back and brings Cavarra in. I like those moves (not Daniel injured). Then it's, to me, a question of Richards vs McLean. There's arguments for both, I'm leaning to McLean in.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

And if you're going by possessions alone Crozier had 14 and 2 tackles so it's not a fair indication of worth to team.