Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  36
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 106
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seddon
    Posts
    5,378
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 17, Vs Melbourne

    I was at the Footscray/Richmond VFL game yesterday - and West should be playing next week.

    Think Wallis would be better for a second run in the VFL. Not sure is absolutely AFL ready yet. Nor is Morris.

    West is flying.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    39,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 17, Vs Melbourne

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I was at the Footscray/Richmond VFL game yesterday - and West should be playing next week.

    Think Wallis would be better for a second run in the VFL. Not sure is absolutely AFL ready yet. Nor is Morris.

    West is flying.
    I was there to. Thought West did well, but a bit patchy after halftime. I would love to see him in, and maybe against lowly Melbourne may be the right week.

    BTW:we are the second lowest this year for making team changes.
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  3. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
  4. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 17, Vs Melbourne

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    BTW:we are the second lowest this year for making team changes.
    Who's the lowest, Geelong?
    There are plenty of talented people in the world. As you already know, talent is not enough. Some of the athletes with the most potential never pan out. What separates the good from the great is determination and work ethic.

  5. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    39,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 17, Vs Melbourne

    Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Who's the lowest, Geelong?
    Changes made by each team in 2019 (ignoring opening round)
    41 - RICH
    39 - MELB
    36 - STK
    35 - CARL
    34 - ESS
    33 - HAW
    31 - GWS
    30 - WCE
    29 - GCS SYD
    27 - ADEL NTH PORT
    24 - BRIS COLL GEEL
    21 - WBD
    19 - FREM
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  6. Thanks Hotdog60 thanked for this post
  7. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seddon
    Posts
    5,378
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 17, Vs Melbourne

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I was there to. Thought West did well, but a bit patchy after halftime. I would love to see him in, and maybe against lowly Melbourne may be the right week.

    BTW:we are the second lowest this year for making team changes.
    Given he plays forward for big portions, a think its pretty expected that he would have the odd quiet patch. In the third quarter we were struggling to get entries into the breeze for a fair while.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 17, Vs Melbourne

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Loved Roarke last week.

    Reckon he undid it all tonight.

    Id drop him for Morris or Libba. Or prob whoever is best-ish at Footscray this week.
    Roarke did well against Port last week as the conditions brought everyone back to his level. When it is a fast track he is clearly out of his depth.

  9. Likes Dry Rot, Twodogs liked this post
  10. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Warragul
    Posts
    3,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 17, Vs Melbourne

    Tom McDonald out for the season after finding form in recent weeks, kicked 6 in the first 3 quarters yesterday. They also lost Hore with a collarbone and Gawn must still be in some doubt. No excuses this Sunday.

  11. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 17, Vs Melbourne

    Surely West comes in for R. Smith.
    Both 181 and 81ish kgs so it is like for like size wise, could West pay the role that we have had Roarke playing?

  12. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    39,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 17, Vs Melbourne

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Roarke did well against Port last week as the conditions brought everyone back to his level. When it is a fast track he is clearly out of his depth.
    He certainly is not impressing.

    I am feeling today there will be no change.
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  13. #25
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Lombok, Indonesia
    Posts
    1,789
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 17, Vs Melbourne

    When you reach the pointy end of the season and the 8 is still a chance as Guru Bob would say: "There's no room for sentiment at the MC table on Thursday nights." Sorry Roarke.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

  14. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mount Martha, Victoria
    Posts
    1,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 17, Vs Melbourne

    I would go with no change, however could live with giving B.Smith a spell and throwing in West.

    Only issue with this is if Libba, Morris and Wallis burn in the VFL would they drop West after just one game. Bevo never will.
    BB.

    Barking Bulldogs with Bite in 2019.

  15. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,128
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 17, Vs Melbourne

    What's with the calls to rest Baz? It's been suggested in these threads on a regular basis since the season practically began.

    Why? He's killing it.
    QUALITATIVE SHEEN

  16. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    25,191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 17, Vs Melbourne

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    What's with the calls to rest Baz? It's been suggested in these threads on a regular basis since the season practically began.

    Why? He's killing it.
    It's probably unlikely given how well he is playing but most first year players with limited preseason are managed by the clubs.
    I did note that he started on the IC bench for 3 of the 4 quarters Saturday night
    Tough times don't last, tough people do
    "He'll accumulate and be involved, but we're looking a qualitative sheen on his game that we need, and it is part of our scope to score"

  17. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 17, Vs Melbourne

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    I would go with no change, however could live with giving B.Smith a spell and throwing in West.

    Only issue with this is if Libba, Morris and Wallis burn in the VFL would they drop West after just one game. Bevo never will.
    Surely you mean Roarke Smith. You put a B instead of an R.

  18. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Warragul
    Posts
    3,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 17, Vs Melbourne

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's probably unlikely given how well he is playing but most first year players with limited preseason are managed by the clubs.
    I did note that he started on the IC bench for 3 of the 4 quarters Saturday night
    His time on ground was only 69% on the weekend, the lowest in the team. Looks like he is being managed within games.

  19. Likes GVGjr liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •