Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  36
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 17, Vs Melbourne

Roarke had his best game of his career against the Power. Be surprised if he is dropped this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Roarke had his best game of his career against the Power. Be surprised if he is dropped this week.
    I'm probably leaning that way but I could understand if Libba was returned or West was included
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm probably leaning that way but I could understand if Libba was returned or West was included
    Agree there too G. A tough one.

Post Thanks / Like

1 out of 15 aint bad! You are probably right though.

5. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree there too G. A tough one.
    Dont think the choice of R.Smith or Libba is a tough one.

If hes right to go he comes straight back in
    The curse is dead.

7. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if Libba is right, he has to come in for Roarke. Libba has only missed 3 games. I wouldn't miss with the midfield mix and play Libba mainly foward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    1 out of 15 aint bad! You are probably right though.
    True Axe Man. Personally I would drop him just think that Bevo and that MC think differently. But you never know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Dont think the choice of R.Smith or Libba is a tough one.

If hes right to go he comes straight back in
    I agree. Libba should be in without hesitation. I meant a tough one to work out how the MC thinks.

11. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Roarke played well against the Power but under 5 touches against the Cats when we were flinging the ball around is inexcusable and means he has to go.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

There's no way that Libba doesn't play to keep Roarke in the side. It's not under 10s, we don't have to be fair.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

14. Likes Mofra, Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Consideration for inclusion
    +++++++++++++++++

R West - has been playing very well. Taking big marks, kicking useful goals. Has big future and is probably ready for a step-up to AFL. But who to drop?

Lewis Young - Can do just about anything. Good pack mark and spoiler, long kick carry and run with ball. I think that it will not be long before he gets into our top 10. Could replace Trengove if his back injury heals.

Mitch Wallis - One of the best last week in the VFL. The last time he came back from a spell in the reserves he had to get about 3 bests in a row. He is one of our top 22. Could replace Tory Dickson or Roarke Smith.

Tony Liberatore - A champ. Can sometimes win you a game. Does he need conditioning in the VFL, its not normal that high-calibre players go into the VFL first. However Libba has been out for a while. Don't know his fitness.

Bailey Dale - A reasonably good game last week, shocking miss after kick for goal in first quarter. I'd like to see him consistently get among the best in the VFL before considering him again.

Dale Morris - Is he match fit? Had a reasonable game against Richmond last week. Maybe another week in the two's. He would replace Roarke Smith.

Vandermeer, Cavara and Sweet. These guys are going well, Sweet seems to have an ankle problem. Don't think they are quite ready but not far off.

Will Hayes - keep trying and another chance may come up.

Lachie Young - His VFL form has never suggested that he get an AFL game. It still doesn't. He has talent and may make it in the future.

Fletcher Roberts - should retire and take Jong, Porter, Lynch, R Smith and Gowers with him.

Ryan Gardiner - After seeing his first and spectacular VFL game you couldn't wait until you got him into AFL. But he hasn't played such a good VFL game since. After his first AFL game you would play him some more, but he hasn't played a good game since. Now he has a poorly leg and probably will not make the VFL this week.

In the Gun
    +++++++

Roarke Smith - should have been delisted 3 years ago. He played a super game against Port. His one main talent of a big leap for a mark isn't enough.

Trengove - takes on the opposition brutes but gives away too many free kicks and terrible clangers.

Tory Dickson - doesn't get enough of the ball for my liking and is shown up by Sam Lloyd for work rate. As long as Tory kicks goals, he stays.

Taylor Duryea - Is only 28 years old. Does OK, sometimes not OK. Got nothing special about him. I think Mitch Wallis would be a better player all around.

Bailey Smith - He is going exceptionally well considering he is a first year player. Does he need a rest? Doesn't seem so. The medical staff should tell us if he has general soreness, but there is no mention of that. So he stays.

My Changes.
    ++++++++

In Mitch Wallis
    In Lewis Young
    In Rhylee West

Out Roarke Smith
    Out Taylor Duryea
    Out Jackson Trengove

Libba to get some match conditioning in the VFL - I really have no real idea whether or not he needs it though.

16. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James Cumming View Post

Tony Liberatore - A champ. Can sometimes win you a game. Does he need conditioning in the VFL, its not normal that high-calibre players go into the VFL first. However Libba has been out for a while. Don't know his fitness.

Libba to get some match conditioning in the VFL - I really have no real idea whether or not he needs it though.
    Tom apparently ran 10kms on the weekend. Sounds like he's cherry ripe.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James Cumming View Post

Years and years. Have to agree he is a champ though

Post Thanks / Like

few calling for Trengove to be dropped, thought he was very good outside of his standard 2 horrendous, opposition goal g flangers we’ve all come to expect from him each week.

The only way I can see him dropped is because Tom MacDonald is our. Having said that with weiterman and potentially preuss down there an experienced lock down will be needed. I don’t see him being dropped.

If anyone Roarke, but who knows with him 🤷*!♂️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    There's no way that Libba doesn't play to keep Roarke in the side. It's not under 10s, we don't have to be fair.
    Totally agree. It is a no brainer. Conditions against Port suited Roarke. It brought everyone except the Bont back to his skill level.