Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  21
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 18, Vs St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't known how Dale gets a gig. I would love to have seen West get his first game.
    He'll get his chance. We know what Dale is capable of we just need to be patient.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Yeah I guess they see him as someone who can add that outside flair but I just don't see it. Bit of an Eagleton type for me.

I thought Bailey Williams has been showing a lot more toughness at the contest and getting involved in the play more since his last omitting. Don't think he deserved to lose his place at this particular time.

I guess it's like for like,

Daniel comes in Automatically and kicks our Williams.

Richards was quiet again so Dale takes his spot.

Libba in for the mid/fwd role that McLean left open.
    Richards is injured according to ins and outs.

Post Thanks / Like

I do have concerns about the speed we have lost with both Richards and Williams out. The saints one wood has often been their leg speed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    If you need to Google Liberatore, you'll never find it man

*white rabbit plays softly in the background*
    I have local knowledge of Sorrento golf course but I suspect a sect in Liberatore.

Post Thanks / Like

And I'd love to know how they garden in the sand.
    I'm hoping Tom Liberatore will get to play and Bailey Dale will do some incisive damage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore. Maybe she opened a restaurant instead.
    Alice is so generous. If ever there was a Liberatore in her restaurant, even if they were mafia she would over deliver on the dinner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    He'll get his chance. We know what Dale is capable of we just need to be patient.
    Dale turns 23 in a few days so he has had his chances. His last two games were woeful, but hopefully he can take his opportunity on Sunday.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Dale turns 23 in a few days so he has had his chances. His last two games were woeful, but hopefully he can take his opportunity on Sunday.
    He did have a limited pre season through injury to his foot and a lot of players struggle when they start off behind the 8 ball. Hopefully he gives a good account of himself for the rest of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Dale would need to improve dramatically, I hope he does however I think Williams is a better player. West should be in the side Imo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Dale would need to improve dramatically, I hope he does however I think Williams is a better player. West should be in the side Imo.
    I'm critical of Dale's output the last couple of years, but I have also learned to back our MC of late with their selection calls. If they think Bailey D is deserved of a call up this week then I suspect they have good reason. I'll back them in.
    Having said that, I am loving that Rhylee is causing the MC much consternation in recent weeks with his output.
    The lad is going to earn a guernsey, and every player whose role he can play in the team is now on notice that it could be they who make way if they don't perform.
    That's a good type of friction to have leading into a pivotal back end of the home and away season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Dale has had more better games than Williams. Dale was sensational there for a month of footy a few years back - Premiership year? Kicking goals and racking up high numbers. He can do it just needs a good run at it and his confidence back. The MC having faith in him should instil some of that but agreed he needs to repay the faith.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I'm in Frankston so presumed you mean Italy cos never heard of Liberatore. No Liberatore in google maps for either Italy or Australia. Where are you?
    Bahahahaha, yes Italy.. interestingly it was on a map handed to me by the ships captain after a scuba session in Massa lubrense, the map was provided to find fresh octopus. I noticed Liberatore some where near Punta Lagno. I haven’t been able to find it on google maps either.. white rabbit indeed.

I’m now in Asti with family.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Dale has had more better games than Williams. Dale was sensational there for a month of footy a few years back - Premiership year? Kicking goals and racking up high numbers. He can do it just needs a good run at it and his confidence back. The MC having faith in him should instil some of that but agreed he needs to repay the faith.
    Thanks for saving me a post saying the same thing, even though I'm about to say pretty much the same thing anyway in the post I said you saved me from making.

Dale has played exceptional games as a high forward which is pretty much the hardest position on the ground, Williams has played his best games behind the football which is a much easier thing to do as a young player.

I'm not saying one or the other will be more likely to make it, but, if Dale has earned a recall on his efforts playing well forward at the lower level then I'm happy for him to get a shot given Williams has been patchy in every position he's played this year.

Something that sticks in my mind that MJP has been saying all year, is that footy is footy, and players need to play well in the positions they get selected in. There's only a few players in each side who demand a certain spot, the rest have to suck it up and make the most of what they're given in terms of opportunity. Williams hasn't done this so far this year.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore. Maybe she opened a restaurant instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Alice is so generous. If ever there was a Liberatore in her restaurant, even if they were mafia she would over deliver on the dinner.
    Don't you guys start. That sig almost drove me mad.

...that was terrible. Now we just need to wait for it to come around on the geetar again and then sing along!
    And you can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant ('cepting Alice)

If only these kids knew what we were talking about!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite