Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carlton have sacked their coach

Listening to Brendan and he said, we knew realistically it would be difficult to win games with 15 players under 60 games. Funny we have 26, plus Jong 61
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Doggy, 1eyedog, Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bolton is handling this so very, very well. Impressive bloke. If we ever thought about turning our coaching team over, I'd like him a lot.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Bolton is handling this so very, very well. Impressive bloke. If we ever thought about turning our coaching team over, I'd like him a lot.
    as an assistant, yes.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Please can we stop drawing clubs who’ve just sacked the cockroach?

At this rate I’d expect Richardson to get the flick just prior to our clash with them.

As an aside, I wonder if Carlton looks at a certain young premiership coach who’s having some challenges and thinks hmmmm.

They’d be idiots if they didn’t.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Please can we stop drawing clubs who’ve just sacked the cockroach?

At this rate I’d expect Richardson to get the flick just prior to our clash with them.

As an aside, I wonder if Carlton looks at a certain young premiership coach who’s having some challenges and thinks hmmmm.

They’d be idiots if they didn’t.
    At least they play Brissy in between.

Feel for Bolton, and there's other that should be sacked also at Carlton - but he deserved to be sacked unfortunately.

Every week he throws the extra number/numbers behind the ball and gives his own forwards no chance as they are outnumbered. He's given his young side no chance to use their instincts as footballers and has wasted a big portion of their chance to develop and in the process gave a supporter group just one game in the last 3 years where they scored 100 points (v us) - which just kills you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Listening to Brendan and he said, we knew realistically it would be difficult to win games with 15 players under 60 games. Funny we have 26, plus Jong 61
    It's a plausible but inaccurate excuse. Much like Worsfold wanting this year to be regarded as his first at Essendon coaches aren't bad at exaggerating the reasons for their failures.

The problems at Carlton run a lot deeper than just the coach though.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He was talking about the team yesterday having 15 under 60 games, not the list. We had 11 yesterday as a comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    He was talking about the team yesterday having 15 under 60 games, not the list. We had 11 yesterday as a comparison.
    Thanks, I had it on in the background and didn't listen properly

I just checked their list and they have 33

Post Thanks / Like

Send Carlton to the VFL. They're crap.

Silvagni? Talk about nepotism.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

11. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get McClure in there ...( and in the words of Charles Manson)”there will be nobody left”
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    The lunacy at carlton contiunes .
    Interestingly David teague seems to be there for ages .

They are stuck in no where land now . Who would be bothered with this lot? Sacking coach after coach . Bolton was the development coach they needed.
    Why doesnt silvagni scrutinised ?
    He's got another F/S sitting at home waiting to be drafted. Apparently this one can even play a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Get McClure in there ...( and in the words of Charles Manson)”there will be nobody left”
    The ex Collingwood and Fitzroy ruckman? He took it on himself to interchange himself onto the ground during a final once-apparently Leigh Matthews (or it might have been Bob Rose) said "What's Manson doing on the ground? Who sent him on? (It was back in the day that there would be less than 10 interchanges during the game and there was only 2 or 3 assistants in the box so it was easy to check) and the other coach's all said "Nope it wasn't me..."

What had happened is that one player had come off the ground and his replacement was taking more time getting ready to replace him than James was comfortable with so Manson said "F#$% this for a joke" and took his tracksuit top off and ran onto the ground! Nobody told him to come off or anything.

Mark McClure is a bit of a dickhead that just says the first thing that comes into his head. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my football club. He forgets that he is a commentator and never has to back up his words with any sense of reality or expose his thoughts to outcomes.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. Pick 1 is out the door for around pick 12-14 this year. SOS is hamstringing the climb up the ladder with blinkers on ex-GWS players and interesting trades. The next coach can't even take over the wooden spoon team and dream about the number one draft pick player to choose.
    I saw quite a good tweet that was being shared around that went something along the lines of:

Make Silvagni coach the rest of the year. He bought the groceries, lets see how he likes cooking with them.

15. Likes bornadog, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love it when a favourite son goes rogue. Crazy Vossy, Hird and now SOS pulling the reins at the Blues. Perfect.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

They are a rabble
    Magnificent

18. Likes Ghost Dog, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Love it when a favourite son goes rogue. Crazy Vossy, Hird and now SOS pulling the reins at the Blues. Perfect.
    Carlton surely must have the record as the team with the most sacked coaches.
    But I don't think it's good for the competition to have teams being beaten by 50 points each week. That includes us!
    Some friends of mine are farmers, the husband Melbourne, the Wife carlton. Most footy fans are just working class people.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus