Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  47
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: When things aren’t always as they seem

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Thank god he’s gone!
    Manbuns should be against the law. I don't care what law, it could be the law of physics for all I care just as long as we can start holding men down in public and cutting their manbuns off.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

2. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's still got 7+ years of footy left, he's slimmed up this year and was playing solid footy prior to injury.

He's not going to be Gary Ablett (thanks BT) but he's a good player capable of great moments and we effectively replaced him with Gowers (positionally) and Schache (draft picks) who have been abysmal this year.

Dogs supporters can keep saying how "we benefited" from Stringer leaving but there is absolutely no evidence of this on or off field.

Anyway - my last post on this topic.
    Exactly.

We were worse the year after he left and are worse again this year. There is absolutely nothing to suggest we are better for having him leave, and I don't even rate him as a player anywhere near as highly as many on here used to.

He's also kicked more goals in the past 2 seasons than any Bulldog player. There is actual evidence to prove that!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

4. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Exactly.

We were worse the year after he left and are worse again this year. There is absolutely nothing to suggest we are better for having him leave, and I don't even rate him as a player anywhere near as highly as many on here used to.

He's also kicked more goals in the past 2 seasons than any Bulldog player. There is actual evidence to prove that!
    The club is bigger than the individual.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The club is bigger than the individual.
    Plus the club knows best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Plus the club knows best.
    Seems troll knows best.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Seems troll knows best.
    Nah the club, always the club. No point discussing otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank god he’s gone!
    New hairstyle , Is this after watching Aladdin ?

Post Thanks / Like

Aw, little mini bun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I remember when Bmac was the coach. Some of the posters here cast doubt on his decisions, having sat in the box on game day and watched him work. They turned out to be 100% right. You know who you are. There are a lot of clever people here with deep football knowledge, and it's you who make this forum what it is. But I also remember 2016, when many on this board dismissed us. So you never really know. We back this club and make no more excuses, for youth and injuries and whatever. Cause that was 2016 and that is who we are. Things are never as good or as bad as they seem. I firmly believe we could have come close to the Eagles if we handn't have dropped our chins, first quarter says that. And I think this season has some strands of a narrative yet. Prove me right dogs!
    Our lack of experience size and class eventually proved our undoing against WCE. We are still to establish a recognised goal to goal line structure which quickly needs to happen to become competitive over four quarters. Important to get a win against Carlton to boost morale and confidence.

12. Likes Mofra, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Our lack of experience size and class eventually proved our undoing against WCE. We are still to establish a recognised goal to goal line structure which quickly needs to happen to become competitive over four quarters. Important to get a win against Carlton to boost morale and confidence.
    Agree with the summation about the spine being Inexperienced.

Just think we are letting too many soft goals over the top at present. This hurts when you are not putting the Scoreboard pressure on at the other end.

Having said that, when we were on last Sunday we played a pretty good brand of footy versus earlier in the year, when the scores were lower/tighter. Thinking Bevo would rather get the attacking mindset going a bit more, even if it means conceding a few cheapies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    Agree with the summation about the spine being Inexperienced.

Just think we are letting too many soft goals over the top at present. This hurts when you are not putting the Scoreboard pressure on at the other end.

Having said that, when we were on last Sunday we played a pretty good brand of footy versus earlier in the year, when the scores were lower/tighter. Thinking Bevo would rather get the attacking mindset going a bit more, even if it means conceding a few cheapies.
    All players want finals success. Have our players, achieving what they did in 2016, then after a miserable few subsequent years, stopped believing we are a club to get them there?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Not going to happen. They'll be booming with confidence after they embarrassed us earlier this season and we'll give the new coach his first W. We can say we are inexperienced and to a small degree we can ride that excuse but for the most part we're just garbage.

Post Thanks / Like

So we should have kept Stringer regardless of the issues players were having with him ?
    Okaaaay

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    All players want finals success. Have our players, achieving what they did in 2016, then after a miserable few subsequent years, stopped believing we are a club to get them there?
    I'm not so sure, other clubs back up great years with good ones. There is something missing with us, it's not injuries or that the list isn't good enough for us to have a good season. As NBP mentioned it's important to start with a win against Carlton and to have a strong 2nd half of the season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    So we should have kept Stringer regardless of the issues players were having with him ?
    Okaaaay
    Not at all, I'd argue that Bevo cost us some currency with Stringer but in the end we had to trade him away
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"