Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R12 2019

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So you're saying we lose next week.
    Actually there is a #2 and it's pitch an undersized backline against McKay, McGovern, Curnow, Casboult and a resting Kreuzer.

They've had their little post-sacking spike and we presumably have some self respect so surely we beat them. SURELY.

A little spiteful part of me wouldn't mind so much if we didn't though because THEN the real overdue scrutiny will come, hard.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Actually there is a #2 and it's pitch an undersized backline against McKay, McGovern, Curnow, Casboult and a resting Kreuzer.

They've had their little post-sacking spike and we presumably have some self respect so surely we beat them. SURELY.

A little spiteful part of me wouldn't mind so much if we didn't though because THEN the real overdue scrutiny will come, hard.
    Two losses to Carlton in two months. It won't be simple scrutiny, the media will smell blood in the water.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

The scrutiny should come on hard if we lose this, as it should

Post Thanks / Like

Players say all the right things about struggling coaches but then can respond well a week or so after their departure. The competition either doesn't change coaches enough or we have to know the players are capable of giving more
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Players say all the right things about struggling coaches but then can respond well a week or so after their departure. The competition either doesn't change coaches enough or we have to know the players are capable of giving more
    I dont know how I would feel if I were Brad Scott or Brendan Bolton. I think there can be arrogant disregard shown by players towards coaches who haven't played the game at the top level and maybe that is a barrier that Bolton ran up against.

I think B-Mac ran into it too. It used to annoy me when players said "B-mac, pfffttt he didn't play league footy why should I listen to him?"
    "Because he's been involved in 3 AFL premierships and that 3 more than you have been involved in..."
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I dont know how I would feel if I were Brad Scott or Brendan Bolton. I think there can be arrogant disregard shown by players towards coaches who haven't played the game at the top level and maybe that is a barrier that Bolton ran up against.

I think B-Mac ran into it too. It used to annoy me when players said "B-mac, pfffttt he didn't play league footy why should I listen to him?"
    "Because he's been involved in 3 AFL premierships and that 3 more than you have been involved in..."
    What players said that?

Post Thanks / Like

Watching Crows v GWS ... find yourself someone who loves you as much as Darc' loves saying "the big Mummy".
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Watching Crows v GWS ... find yourself someone who loves you as much as Darc' loves saying "the big Mummy".
    or the little man ( when he calls our game)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Freud would have an interesting interpretation of that.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    What players said that?
    Toward the end there were a few were saying it.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Swans of old, giving WC a bath
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez, watching the Dees makes me feel like I’m watching us, but with an elite ruck.
    Overuse of handball, appalling disposal into the F50. It’s all there.

Post Thanks / Like

How good are the new rules working. The game has never looked better. Golf claps all round for Steve Hocking and all his 3,500 mates in the competition committee.

The game is borderline unwatchable. Coll v Melb was an abomination but was far from the lone ranger in 2019.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"