Round 13

Date Fixture Venue Broadcast* Time

Thu, Jun 13 Adelaide Crows vs Richmond Adelaide Oval Seven & Fox 7:50pm

Fri, Jun 14 Essendon vs Hawthorn Marvel Stadium Seven & Fox 7:50pm

Sat, Jun 15 Gold Coast Suns vs St Kilda Riverway Stadium Fox 1:45pm
    Sat, Jun 15 Fremantle vs Port Adelaide Optus Stadium Fox 4:35pm
    Sat, Jun 15 Carlton vs Western Bulldogs Marvel Stadium Seven & Fox 7:25pm

Sun, Jun 16 North Melbourne vs GWS Giants Blundstone Arena Fox 3:20pm

Byes: Brisbane Lions, Collingwood, Geelong Cats, Melbourne, Sydney Swans, West Coast Eagles
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R13 2019

Bump
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm convinced Eddie Betts is superhuman.

JEEZ I'd love a dangerous small forward with his swagger.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I'm convinced Eddie Betts is superhuman.

JEEZ I'd love a dangerous small forward with his swagger.
    How was the banter between him and Stack
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The Crows are having a season that is like ours in many ways but almost a polar opposite in others.

They lost the first few, we won the first few.

They have been awful (probably worse than us) but have been chalking up wins. They have put on 20 points in no time in games that they really didn't have any right winning. Nowthey are a shade outside the top 4.

In that same time we have lost 4 and are only a Saturday night loss away from being just ONE game clear of Carlton. Yeah. That's a thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    How was the banter between him and Stack
    Would you like one of our players high fiving and hugging an opposition player during the game? I wouldn't.

It was fairly harmless given the state of the game at the time but I don't like the look of it when you are meant to be battling the opposition with everything you've got. A low key well done would have sufficed, save the high fives for after the match.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Would you like one of our players high fiving and hugging an opposition player during the game? I wouldn't.

It was fairly harmless given the state of the game at the time but I don't like the look of it when you are meant to be battling the opposition with everything you've got. A low key well done would have sufficed, save the high fives for after the match.
    Depends on the stage of the game. I wouldn't want to see it if it is a close game.

I only watched the last quarter, and there was a moment where Stack beat Betts to a ball and gave Betts some lip. About 5 minutes later Betts kicks another incredible goal, and Betts gives it back to Stack, and then the high 5. I think Stack was just showing him respect and the game was really well over.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Loved it. LOVED IT.

Particularly in the context of the game that was deader than our finals chances.

You reckon those two blokes are going to go any less fiercely at the pill because they're capable of a bit of sincere mutual respect? The banter was actually a corollary of them jousting all night.

Gary Lyon of course had to puff out his harder-than-thou chest and declare "I HATE IT."

Onya Gaddy. Here's a big, ice cold glass of garn get f*cked.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Loved it. LOVED IT.

Particularly in the context of the game that was deader than our finals chances.

You reckon those two blokes are going to go any less fiercely at the pill because they're capable of a bit of sincere mutual respect? The banter was actually a corollary of them jousting all night.

Gary Lyon of course had to puff out his harder-than-thou chest and declare "I HATE IT."

No I don't think it would effect their effort at all. I certainly don't hate it and I don't think it's any big deal, it's just a perception thing to me. The banter is great, the physical contact I think is too much. I can't ever imagine myself doing that with an opposition player in a game and I'm hardly playing for sheep stations.

Would you be ok with it if Bont was to do the same thing with Cripps after he kicks a miracle goal on Saturday night as the Blues are running away to another comfortable victory?

Post Thanks / Like

No I don't think it would effect their effort at all. I certainly don't hate it and I don't think it's any big deal, it's just a perception thing to me. The banter is great, the physical contact I think is too much. I can't ever imagine myself doing that with an opposition player in a game and I'm hardly playing for sheep stations.

Would you be ok with it if Bont was to do the same thing with Cripps after he kicks a miracle goal on Saturday night as the Blues are running away to another comfortable victory?
    Would certainly be ok with it if Bont is the one kicking the miracle goal as the game sealer
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

If the Blues earn a comfy victory over us Saturday night, the Bont having some junk-time slap and tickle with a rival will be the at the bottom of my list of concerns believe me.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Loved it. LOVED IT.

Just watched that video for the first time.

I'm seriously shaking my head in disbelief that this show of sportsmanship is seriously upsetting some people.

The ball was dead, and a player that Sydney probably idolises has just done something ridiculously freakish right in front of him. I don't blame him for being caught up in the moment and to suggest that t would have affected his resolve or his focus on the game once the moment is out of the way, is quite simply laughable.

Honestly, I wish there was more of this stuff in elite level sport. I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

I work in a field where I have a fair bit of trust placed in me. I am given client's money and expected to be able to account for it when I am asked to at the end of a shift and I am not always asked but like my boss says "it's a perception thing, if I ask you what the money was spent on and you are umming and ahrring about it then I start to wonder why you can't be upfront about it" So yeah, perception is incredibly important and the perception of players running around hi-fiving opposition players then you start to wonder about whether they have just apportioned the game among themselves and the result doesn't matter.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Just watched that video for the first time.

I'm seriously shaking my head in disbelief that this show of sportsmanship is seriously upsetting some people.

The ball was dead, and a player that Sydney probably idolises has just done something ridiculously freakish right in front of him. I don't blame him for being caught up in the moment and to suggest that t would have affected his resolve or his focus on the game once the moment is out of the way, is quite simply laughable.

Honestly, I wish there was more of this stuff in elite level sport. I love it.
    Exactly.

"Players are too robotic these days!"

*a couple of indigenous blokes high five*

"This is an outrage!"
    BORDERLINE FLYING

15. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly.

"Players are too robotic these days!"

*a couple of indigenous blokes high five*

"This is an outrage!"
    "All I want is for players to be less robotic and show a bit of personality in the exact way and manner that I deem appropriate. Is that so much to ask for?"

17. Likes Daughter of the West liked this post