Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R15 2019

The touch not being called and then the marginal free kick being given to Heppell late in GWS' attacking half just smacked of the umpires getting caught up with the crowd and letting the moment dictate the narrative.

The AFeL is ****ed.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The touch not being called and then the marginal free kick being given to Heppell late in GWS' attacking half just smacked of the umpires getting caught up with the crowd and letting the moment dictate the narrative.

The AFeL is ****ed.
    Totally agree, with the number of the beast (666) that centre reset made a huge difference to the game. How do you miss that it's unbelievable it was clear as day, well night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I didn’t watch the game. But I hate gws at least equally. Easy to be philosophical with so many hated sides.
    Agreed. I have always hated Essendon but the GWS thing has just grown in me the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Yeah the local rival geographically as well. Peter Gordon was so right about them at the members forum.
    What did he say Easty?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Agreed. I have always hated Essendon but the GWS thing has just grown in me the last few years.

What did he say Easty?
    When railing about our lack of blockbuster fixturing bemoaned the favouritism shown to Essendon from AFEL House.

He also said Jake's tatt is comfortably the shittest he's seen in his time in the game.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    When railing about our lack of blockbuster fixturing bemoaned the favouritism shown to Essendon from AFEL House.

He also said Jake's tatt is comfortably the shittest he's seen in his time in the game.
    That's a big call. Peter grew up in Braybrook and the locals are born with tatts.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

6. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Crows taking it up to the Cats, jeez it'd be nice to see them lose in their taxpayer funded boutique stadium.

Who doesn't think they'll get up in a close one courtesy of some good ol' fashioned home-baked umpiring?
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

The AFeL is ****ed.
    I don’t have a problem with the touch not being called. It was impossible for the umpires to see and while likely there, I can understand not overturning it. The overall inconsistency of the umpiring was egregiously bad, not necessarily in one teams favour, but to the point of making the game even worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Far out Geelong shit me up the wall. The home ground advantage they get is just unfair for all other Victorian Clubs. I hate them so much!!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Far out Geelong shit me up the wall. The home ground advantage they get is just unfair for all other Victorian Clubs. I hate them so much!!
    It's funny, aside from Essendon who I'll hate eternally and Carlton who I'll never forgive for Elliott/ Collins / eternal hubris, I tend to ebb and flow about how I feel about teams more due to the personality of the team and a bit the way they play. I enjoyed late 00's / early 10's Geelong. I really dislike the current team on a personality level. However, after considering them pretend contenders for 5-6 years, they are the real deal this year. I'm envious of the way they play, excellent footskills, fast pressure and movement, the addition of Rohan, Dahl and Miers (a young Dahlhaus with superior footskills and possibly pace) has helped transform them. They keep elite pressure around the contest and mop up behind the ball.
    They are the best team of the season so far and while the home ground helps them immensely, I think their style will stand up most weeks and especially in finals.

Post Thanks / Like

Hawks in front at 3/4 time.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Cracking game at the G, Hawks by a point in the rain 6 minutes left
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Cracking game at the G, Hawks by a point in the rain 6 minutes left
    Good for us they lost. Their third rounder is a lot juicier pick than everyone thought at the beginning of the year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Just watching Alir Alir getting interviewed such a happy cool bloke.
    You can’t not love him after tonight’s game.
    Pies are in a hole , if only we kicked straight last week.
    Nth have a new belief, be hard to not keep Shaw as coach the way they are playing.
    Bring back the biff

15. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant win by Carlton on the road with Cripps out and Charlie Curnow injured in the first 15 minutes. Coming from 30 points down as well.

Gee some teams have torched their top 8 chances this week.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

So it turns out after all this time Cripps is the reason the blues have been losing.

They need to offload that dead weight mid contract our way end of the year.
    The dam wall has busted!

18. Likes Dry Rot liked this post