Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BT's Membership Score - Compare

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Similar to your own BAD
    357/60= 5.75
    2 Grandfinals, 1 Premiership, 4 Wooden Spoons
    Member since 1959
    Highlights being to follow 3 Club Champions in Ted Whitten, Doug Hawkins and George Bisset all from my junior Club in the Braybrook Football Club. Together with ‘54 Premiership Vice Captain, Wally Donald all four from Braybrook were in our Club’s Team of the Century
    Don't forget Gentlemen John
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Don't forget Gentlemen John
    Gentleman John initially was from Boort.

Post Thanks / Like

Similar to your own BAD
    357/60= 5.75
    Member since 1959
    Highlights being to follow 3 Club Champions in Ted Whitten, Doug Hawkins and George Bisset all from my junior Club in the Braybrook Football Club. Together with ‘54 Premiership Vice Captain, Wally Donald all four from Braybrook were in our Club’s Team of the Century
    Ray Walker?
    Did Georgie drive his horse and cart to Braybrook training like he did to the western oval?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I remember that Alister Ford cover. Against Norf at Arden Street from memory. I think Glendenning and McCann, or was it John Laws?

Anyway, notable shot as I believe it was the only mark ever taken by Alister Ford..
    Yes Webby i think it's Glendenning. Also Ian Williams.
    The '85 one has Purser and the '86 has Hardie.

Post Thanks / Like

Similar to your own BAD
    357/60= 5.75
    Member since 1959
    I opened the batting with Wally's son Mark for many years in the old FCA.

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Not your fault td. Your defence of being a footscray supporter the 'sensationa '70's' should have been enough to get you off the hook.

The radio is used actually belonged to my mum. she rarely saw it. If it wasn't tuned to the footy it was on 3xy.
    1422 3XY is Rocktober!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Ray Walker?
    Did Georgie drive his horse and cart to Braybrook training like he did to the western oval?
    Georgie’s other claim to fame was to drive his horse and cart to the old Maribyrnong Drive In with his mates lined up in the back and ring for a bucket of water for his horse. A true story

7. Likes Bulldog4life, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Georgie’s other claim to fame was to drive his horse and cart to the old Maribyrnong Drive In with his mates lined up in the back and ring for a bucket of water for his horse. A true story
    I remember your days in the back pocket Ray. A terrific player. Played for the Vics too didn't you? Then later you were on the match committee I think.

9. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ray Walker?
    From Wiki Ray started in 1959 5 years after the 54 premiership. Would have even cool to have a premiership Bulldog on woof.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Webby i think it's Glendenning. Also Ian Williams.
    The '85 one has Purser and the '86 has Hardie.
    Found 84/85 we should try and get the set going. Maybe the club would want them for museum.

Eastcoast Bulldogs did we sell our naming rights!?
    http://imgur.com/gallery/HOobBAM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Found 84/85 we should try and get the set going. Maybe the club would want them for museum.

Eastcoast Bulldogs did we sell our naming rights!?
    http://imgur.com/gallery/HOobBAM
    They were a brand of jeans and sponsored us (for those who don't know)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So you watched the 1997 pre-lim and still joined up 1998! That's real commitment to the cause Josie.
    Yes-I started barracking for them a few years earlier and by ‘97 I listened to games on radio. Told this story in membership thread... took my Mum to see matinee of Swan Lake at Arts Centre when prelim was on and at intermission raced outside and thought you beauty - dogs might just make grand final. Then in car on way home was despondent listening to final score. Then and there decided no more armchair stuff-join the family up in ‘98 so I did.

14. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Twodogs, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The worst part was following the club in the 1960's (after 61). Didn't play in a final till 1974 - 12 years. Going to Primary school, then high school being one of a few Doggies supporters in the outer Western Suburbs (we moved at the end of 62) was really tough. I just couldn't see myself changing to another club. When I was 11 a kid did convince me to support South Melbourne - it lasted about 5 days - and I am ashamed of it

However, we won a lot of games at home which made it palatable.
    BT just asked us to tally our membership score not confess our deepest darkest sins!! South Melbourne really? It must have been tough times but I would of been happier if you had committed murder.....only joking but bloody hell never speak of this again😁
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

16. Likes bulldogtragic, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Yes-I started barracking for them a few years earlier and by ‘97 I listened to games on radio. Told this story in membership thread... took my Mum to see matinee of Swan Lake at Arts Centre when prelim was on and at intermission raced outside and thought you beauty - dogs might just make grand final. Then in car on way home was despondent listening to final score. Then and there decided no more armchair stuff-join the family up in ‘98 so I did.
    I must have missed that story in that thread. That's great stuff. Very Foo Fighters 'Times Like These' response.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    BT just asked us to tally our membership score not confess our deepest darkest sins!! South Melbourne really? It must have been tough times but I would of been happier if you had committed murder.....only joking but bloody hell never speak of this again��
    Being called Carl I got home from school one day to find out that my 'laugh a minute' father had stuck a Carlton poster on my bedroom wall and could hardly wait to start to start getting stuck into me about it. "Hahaha, you have a Carlton posyer on your wall, Haha your name is Carl so you must barrack for Carlton" and so on with the very mature behavior. I said to him "but you were the one who picked the f%$#ing name in the first place! I didn't name myf$%#ingself, did I?" and turned on my heels and went to the toilet. By the time I get back the Carlton poster was gone and it was never mentioned again!!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

19. Likes josie, ratsmac, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They were a brand of jeans and sponsored us (for those who don't know)
    The Founder of East Coast Jeans was Denny Scharwz who became our major sponsor for 4 years when our Club was struggling for financial support. His parents for many years ran a Clothing store called The Working Man’s Friend in Hopkins Street Footscray. Denny was highly regarded and respected by all.

21. Likes bornadog liked this post