Thanks Thanks:  33
Likes Likes:  50
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BT's Membership Score - Compare

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    7.71-member since ‘98. Feel like a Johnny come lately. Enjoyed reading the posts & realise I’ve been member in a kind of halcyon/salad days “period (Wallace, Rocket, Bevo). Great thread - thanks BT.
    So you watched the 1997 pre-lim and still joined up 1998! That's real commitment to the cause Josie.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Here's the 83 one. Interesting South Melbourne played in Sydney never realised that.

http://imgur.com/gallery/yWbJt7r
    The old school clipped tickets. Love it!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    During the last quarter of a game against Richmond when I was a teenager I picked the radio up by the antennae, swung it around my head and threw it through a closed dining room window just as my mum walked into the room. The window smashed into a thousand pieces and my mum said "I seriously thought that I could have left you in the room alone without you doing something like that" "sorry mum..."
    Not your fault td. Your defence of being a footscray supporter the 'sensationa '70's' should have been enough to get you off the hook.

The radio is used actually belonged to my mum. she rarely saw it. If it wasn't tuned to the footy it was on 3xy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Just out of interest does anyone have their old membership cards. I have a few, the earliest I think is 1983. Always recall entering the ground at the Barkly St end and the gate attendant who was missing a few digits (fascinating as a kid) used to click my card; if I asked nicely he would do the games I'd missed. I can post a photo if people are interested.

Could be another thread don't want to derail this one it's great.
    Got all my membership tickets since 84 (cardboard one with Alistair Ford on the cover) except 87 when i went o'seas and 91 which i've lost. I've dragged them through about a dozen house moves.

Post Thanks / Like

1997, 7.96

Need to find someone who left and came back around Rohde & McCartney
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

6. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Coaches in my time since I became a supporter Wallace, Rhode, Eade, Macca and Bevo
    Coaches as a member Macca and Bevo
    Presidents as a supporter in my time Smorgon and Gordon
    As a member Gordon
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Got all my membership tickets since 84 (cardboard one with Alistair Ford on the cover) except 87 when i went o'seas and 91 which i've lost. I've dragged them through about a dozen house moves.
    I remember that Alister Ford cover. Against Norf at Arden Street from memory. I think Glendenning and McCann, or was it John Laws?

Anyway, notable shot as I believe it was the only mark ever taken by Alister Ford..

Post Thanks / Like

Updated Comparison Tally (Higher = more general team success during membership, lower = less general team success during membership):

Choco 8.40
    Hujsh 8.21
    BD 7.96
    Josie 7.71
    Chef 7.61
    Ozza 7.56
    BT 7.50
    Axe 7.50
    Easty 7.05
    Mofra 7.05
    GG 6.97
    FT 6.60
    KT 6.26
    HBR 6.24
    BAD 6.10
    DG 6.07
    JC 5.96
    Mera 5.92
    B4L 5.86
    NBP 5.75
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 08-06-2019 at 04:11 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to hear from a particular Woof member who I believe played for the doggies.

12. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I remember that Alister Ford cover. Against Norf at Arden Street from memory. I think Glendenning and McCann, or was it John Laws?

Anyway, notable shot as I believe it was the only mark ever taken by Alister Ford..

Post Thanks / Like

Duplicate post

Post Thanks / Like

Since supporting is a score of 6.26, Membership score is 6.60 (This includes a couple years of being a Kellogs Jnr Member )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    First started following the club when I was 5 (lived close to the ground and my father took me) - 1961

354/58 = 6.1

2 Grandfinals, 1 Premiership, 3 Wooden Spoons.
    Similar to your own BAD
    357/60= 5.75
    2 Grandfinals, 1 Premiership, 4 Wooden Spoons
    Member since 1959
    Highlights being to follow 3 Club Champions in Ted Whitten, Doug Hawkins and George Bisset all from my junior Club in the Braybrook Football Club. Together with ‘54 Premiership Vice Captain, Wally Donald all four from Braybrook were in our Club’s Team of the Century

17. Thanks bulldogtragic, GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Similar to your own BAD
    357/60= 5.75
    Member since 1959
    Highlights being to follow 3 Club Champions in Ted Whitten, Doug Hawkins and George Bisset all from my junior Club in the Braybrook Football Club. Together with ‘54 Premiership Vice Captain, Wally Donald all four from Braybrook were in our Club’s Team of the Century
    Wow. 5.75 over 60 years. Congrats on 60 years. Please tell us all on the Internet whatever you see in your closed door training present from the club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Similar to your own BAD
    357/60= 5.75
    Member since 1959
    One of our true supporters. That is what it means to be a supporter. Ted and Doug would have loved to watch those guys play. Braybrook Football Club had some very good players for us.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 08-06-2019 at 04:39 PM.