Thanks Thanks:  33
Likes Likes:  50
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BT's Membership Score - Compare

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Possibly but I recall the match I went to in 2001 where we won that I can pinpoint my support but that could be a possibility. There was a change when Smorgo and Terry come in the late 90s.
    Which match was that Easty? My first ever match was Teddy's last game in 1970 but I spent most of the game tobogganing down the slope behind the scoreboard on a piece of old cardboard. The first game that I can vividly remember is R1 1974 when we caned Geelong at home.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Which match was that Easty? My first ever match was Teddy's last game in 1970 but I spent most of the game tobogganing down the slope behind the scoreboard on a piece of old cardboard. The first game that I can vividly remember is R1 1974 when we caned Geelong at home.
    Round 7, 2001 around then. In the 2000s (my teenage years) was just a supporter of the Dogs watching on TV or listening on the radio and went to occasional games in the seasons. Now from 2013 onwards go most weeks and will be for a long time to come.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

3. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So the first game I remember going to at the Western Oval was in 1974 (I was 5) ... that means as a supporter my score would be 6.55.

I was a member a couple of times in the 80s but didn't have permanent employment so I'm not counting those years ... I've been a full member living in WA since 1997 ... that means as a member my score would be 7.95.
    WOOF Member 422

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Round 7, 2001 around then. In the 2000s (my teenage years) was just a supporter of the Dogs watching on TV or listening on the radio and went to occasional games in the seasons. Now from 2013 onwards go most weeks and will be for a long time to come.
    I remember it well, the night that Luke Penny gave David Neitz a real hiding and we thought to ourselves "at last we have a decent key defender!" I almost got myself arrested by a police officer directing traffic. I was abusing him for holding me up (my dad was minding my 2 yo outside the ground and I wanted to get back to them) and he said to me "Mate if I wasn't so busy doing this I would make your life a misery, now *!*!*!*! OFF!" All I wanted was to get through the road that had closed just as I was pulling up to it and because I had made such a prick of myself he took the path of least resistance and waved me through!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I remember I had a Bulldog tin case in school which I don’t have anymore and still have my old robodog jumper the one where we had no sponsor my Bulldog bar scarf had the old robodog logo and beanie had it as well.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    So the first game I remember going to at the Western Oval was in 1974 (I was 5) ... that means as a supporter my score would be 6.55.

I was a member a couple of times in the 80s but didn't have permanent employment so I'm not counting those years ... I've been a full member living in WA since 1997 ... that means as a member my score would be 7.95.
    7.95... If only you could wipe your memory of everything before that! Says a lot you stuck fat from 6.55 to now 7.95. Good trend to be on for any afl member.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    7.95... If only you could wipe your memory of everything before that! Says a lot you stuck fat from 6.55 to now 7.95. Good trend to be on for any afl member.
    I wouldn’t mind that number hitting double figures over the next ten years
    WOOF Member 422

10. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Great stuff.

Were you already a supporter or was that what got you on board?
    Already a supporter and going to most games, given I grew up in Footscray. The 89 near death experience, coupled with my age and earning money for part-time jobs meant I continued on as a member post the very generous 1990 freebie.

Never hurts as a gift to give a Membership to a Fan.

12. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post