Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is not in the Hall of Fame that should be?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I thought Longmire was the youngest?
    Longmire won the Coleman, but his best goal tally was 98.
    He is the youngest Coleman Medal winner,
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Longmire won the Coleman, but his best goal tally was 98.
    He is the youngest Coleman Medal winner,
    Argh, thanks.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday in the Herald Sun there was a team of players who's career was ended or limited because they had done a knee. And guess who wasn't in the team. Not at Full Forward but Coleman was selected there so no complaints about that. However was KT at CHF, where he became the first forward to win the Brownlow, no of course he wasn't. David Neitz was. I'd forgotten all about the fifteen Coleman and the twenty five Brownlow medals that Neitz had won.

What's that you say Skip? David Neitz didn't win any medals? Neeter wasn't fit to tie Kelvin Templeton's boots? Yeah I have to agree with you there, it is an insult to Templeton that Neitz gets selected ahead of him and typical of the media to overlook him again.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

4. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yesterday in the Herald Sun there was a team of players who's career was ended or limited because they had done a knee. And guess who wasn't in the team. Not at Full Forward but Coleman was selected there so no complaints about that. However was KT at CHF, where he became the first forward to win the Brownlow, no of course he wasn't. David Neitz was. I'd forgotten all about the fifteen Coleman and the twenty five Brownlow medals that Neitz had won.

What's that you say Skip? David Neitz didn't win any medals? Neeter wasn't fit to tie Kelvin Templeton's boots? Yeah I have to agree with you there, it is an insult to Templeton that Neitz gets selected ahead of him and typical of the media to overlook him again.
    That is absolutely *!*!*!*!ing astounding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    That is absolutely *!*!*!*!ing astounding.
    It's the casual ignorance that shits me. These people aren't even in a place where they understand just how *!*!*!*!ing wrong they are. It's rude apart from anything else-do your research instead of making reaches like that.

It's annoying that we aren't even in a position to understand that KT should be in the HOF AT THE VERY LEAST

Post Thanks / Like

It's the casual ignorance that shits me. These people aren't even in a place where they understand just how *!*!*!*!ing wrong they are. It's rude apart from anything else-do your research instead of making reaches like that.

It's annoying that we aren't even in a position to understand that KT should be in the HOF AT THE VERY LEAST
    Just out of curiosity, who assembled the team?

Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curiosity, who assembled the team?
    Jon Anderson wrote the accompanying article. It was mainly about Peter Seward the ex-North Melbourne player who did his knee back in the grim days when it usually meant career over. So either Jon Anderson or the work experience kid.

Post Thanks / Like

Surely someone of Jon Anderson's experience doesn't overlook Kelvin *!*!*!*!ing Templeton.

Post Thanks / Like

Surely someone of Jon Anderson's experience doesn't overlook Kelvin *!*!*!*!ing Templeton.
    Yep, that's why I think the work experience kid got to pick the team. You think that Anderson would have at least give it the once over though. just on the off chance that you may have, oh I don't know ACCIDENTALLY LEFT OUT A DUAL COLEMAN/BROWNLOW MEDALLIST!!!!!!!

FFS...

Post Thanks / Like

The team is just ACL victims, not players who's careers ended or were limited. Did Templeton do an ACL or was it something else? I can't find the answer.

A CHAMPION TEAM OF ACL VICTIMS
    B: Mark Thompson, Alex Rance, Peter Steward

HB: Neale Daniher, Glen Jakovich, Robert Murphy

C: Doug Hawkins, Keith Greig, Michael Turner

HF: Sam Kekovich, David Schwarz, Robert Harvey

F: Peter Daicos, Peter Hudson, Jason Dunstall

R: Paul Salmon, Tim Watson, Tony Liberatore

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    The team is just ACL victims, not players who's careers ended or were limited. Did Templeton do an ACL or was it something else? I can't find the answer.

A CHAMPION TEAM OF ACL VICTIMS
    B: Mark Thompson, Alex Rance, Peter Steward

HB: Neale Daniher, Glen Jakovich, Robert Murphy

C: Doug Hawkins, Keith Greig, Michael Turner

HF: Sam Kekovich, David Schwarz, Robert Harvey

F: Peter Daicos, Peter Hudson, Jason Dunstall

R: Paul Salmon, Tim Watson, Tony Liberatore
    KT sure did do an ACL. He did it at at the age of 22 in a preseason game when a Melbourne player fell on him in his very first game after winning the Brownlow the year before. Although he played a few games after he was never the same again and just hobbled around on one leg. With all due respect if our own supporters don't remember or stand up for our own and lionise the champions of our club then I despair for the future of our club, I really do. To paraphrase if we forget about the past then our future is up the spout too.

Anyway, why would we constantly bang on about how good he was if he wasn't any good (or at least better than Neitz?) The fact of the matter is there are much worse players in the HOF (and even in the Legends) than Kelvin Templeton. They don't just hand out Coleman and Brownlow medals and KT had 3 of them by the age of 22 when his career was effectively over.

Post Thanks / Like

KT sure did do an ACL. He did it at at the age of 22 in a preseason game when a Melbourne player fell on him in his very first game after winning the Brownlow the year before. Although he played a few games after he was never the same again and just hobbled around on one leg. With all due respect if our own supporters don't remember or stand up for our own and lionise the champions of our club then I despair for the future of our club, I really do. To paraphrase if we forget about the past then our future is up the spout too.

Anyway, why would we constantly bang on about how good he was if he wasn't any good (or at least better than Neitz?) The fact of the matter is there are much worse players in the HOF (and even in the Legends) than Kelvin Templeton. They don't just hand out Coleman and Brownlow medals and KT had 3 of them by the age of 22 when his career was effectively over.
    I never saw Templeton play so can only really go by what was been written and clearly he was a champion until he did his knee.

Not disagreeing with the Hall of Fame thing at all. Just seeking to clarify if he did an ACL because all I can find is that he did a serious knee injury in the pre season comp in 1981. He played in round 17 that year so if it was an ACL it was a very quick comeback.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure he did his knee with minutes to go in the preseason cup match.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I never saw Templeton play so can only really go by what was been written and clearly he was a champion until he did his knee.

Not disagreeing with the Hall of Fame thing at all. Just seeking to clarify if he did an ACL because all I can find is that he did a serious knee injury in the pre season comp in 1981. He played in round 17 that year so if it was an ACL it was a very quick comeback.
    You have probably seen this:

Post Thanks / Like

I just watched that clip again, what amazing scenes, especially at the end when the kids run on the ground. and the siren hasn't even gone off. Even the coach is on the ground.

I was there that day and it was incredible.