Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  26
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jack Darling

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jack Darling

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    And Cockatoo, if it can be proven he actually exists.
    I'd rather Narkle to be honest. Cockatoo has never shown he has the capability to do anything in the AFL other than be caught holding the ball.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The gag on recruiting players and playing them everywhere is getting pretty stale .
    Funny the first time

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    The gag on recruiting players and playing them everywhere is getting pretty stale .
    Funny the first time
    I agree. I find it very irritating to say the least.

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Funny the first time
    Hardly a gag but thanks for your feedback. Also there's a quote button to help you address people. Maybe Google for some help.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I agree. I find it very irritating to say the least.
    I'd really like to hear a bit more from Tradeguru69 and his great insights. Got anything again?!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Darling is the perfect prototype key forward for the modern game. Strong in the air, nimble on the ground, and a proven consistent goalkicker over a long time. He has shat the bed a couple of times but most in the comp have done that before. He would make us far more potent in an area of concern, and is still young enough to make a difference to our next contending team.

Bold move but we should explore it.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Likes Happy Days, josie, The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I'd really like to hear a bit more from Tradeguru69 and his great insights. Got anything again?!
    There is always a pain in the arse on any forum.

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Hardly a gag but thanks for your feedback. Also there's a quote button to help you address people. Maybe Google for some help.
    Always the smartest person on the forum , aren’t we?
    Smug alert

14. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure it's been mentioned anywhere - so I'll do it, here. Harry Himmelberg looks like a really decent forward prospect. I've been very impressed with him in the GWS games I've watched this season. I'd be interested in us exploring an acquisition, to be fair I have no idea of his current contract status.

Edit : Just checked he is contracted until 2023.

Re Darling you would have to explore this option. He's a young tall with proven performance on the board. As long as we don't have to pay the sh1t tax. (sh1t tax is the 25% overs teams like WB, Norf, Stk have to pay to lure players )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Not sure it's been mentioned anywhere - so I'll do it, here. Harry Himmelberg looks like a really decent forward prospect. I've been very impressed with him in the GWS games I've watched this season. I'd be interested in us exploring an acquisition, to be fair I have no idea of his current contract status.

Re Darling you would have to explore this option. He's a young tall with proven performance on the board. As long as we don't have to pay the sh1t tax. (sh1t tax is the 25% overs teams like WB, Norf, Stk have to pay to lure players )
    Yep, Himmelberg signed a four year extension this year. With our midfield, I think we'd destroy Darling's soul by this time next year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

17. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep, Himmelberg signed a four year extension this year. With our midfield, I think we'd destroy Darling's soul by this time next year.
    I don't particularly agree with this. This year, finding targets inside 50 hasn't been a huge issue. I don't have the stats on hand, but think I saw that we were right up there in terms of marks inside 50.

But back to Darling, I find it hard to believe that anyone would be turning their noses up about him. Darling is a gun. People are pointing towards his dodgy effort in the elimination final against us, but are conveniently ignoring that he has absolutely torched us every time we have played them since (and prior for that matter).

I'd imagine he would be extremely difficult to get.

19. Likes Sedat, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I don't particularly agree with this. This year, finding targets inside 50 hasn't been a huge issue. I don't have the stats on hand, but think I saw that we were right up there in terms of marks inside 50.

I'd imagine he would be extremely difficult to get.
    2nd in the AFL - pre the bye - we are just bad convertors.

I can't see him coming to us, so I have no real comment.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Technically it would be a shit premium, isn't it?

I dint realuse that Darling was only 26 before this talk came up. that's prime of career territory. He'd be insane to leave West Coast and come to us. But on the off chance he really felt like going way outside of his comfort zone and then found himself blind drunk in Barkly street on the West Coast end of season trip to West Footscray (there was a mix up at the travel agent) in the middle of the trade period and then thinks to himself "I think I might sign with the bulldogs" and his manager doesn't find out beforehand.

If all of that happened or he somehow signed with us in a less likely set of circumstances then I'd be keen.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

22. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon we could rotate him through the middle, says Bevo

24. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt we could land Darling but he'd be an excellent addition

More than capable of kicking 40 plus goals for us
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"