Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  26
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jack Darling

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jack Darling

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Sure, but where's that going to come from? The draft?

Darling's also doubly-buggered in our system because if he's not making hay up forward where else can you play him? Footscray, that's where.

If we're going to throw the kitchen sink at someone let's prioritise a high-energy small forward with quickness and an appetite for chasing. I'll take two of those thank you.

Failing that an athletic tall defender who can lock down on troublesome opposition bigs and hurt them going the other way. One of those will do nicely.
    No we'll need to trade for one. Picks / players and fair coin it doesn't matter. I'm still inclined to go for Coniglio. We have the cash and while Norf and Aints do as well we'll finish below both of them so could offer a superior pick. If they're after players I'd consider McLean and Williams as the only two players with collateral. A trade period of Coniglio, Tomlinson and perhaps Martin would help us at each ends of the ground as well as the middle. I'd even go our possible pick 3 and Williams to Adelaide for their pick 1 and hand GWS pick 1 for Coniglio if it came to it and throw Coniglio a whole bunch of cash. Absolute jet.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    No we'll need to trade for one. Picks / players and fair coin it doesn't matter. I'm still inclined to go for Coniglio. We have the cash and while Norf and Aints do as well we'll finish below both of them so could offer a superior pick. If they're after players I'd consider McLean and Williams as the only two players with collateral. A trade period of Coniglio, Tomlinson and perhaps Martin would help us at each ends of the ground as well as the middle. I'd even go our possible pick 3 and Williams to Adelaide for their pick 1 and hand GWS pick 1 for Coniglio if it came to it and throw Coniglio a whole bunch of cash. Absolute jet.
    Coniglio is a free agent. A trade is possible if they match, but unlikely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Coniglio is a free agent. A trade is possible if they match, but unlikely.
    They'll absolutely match and force a trade which will certainly net them more than the mid-teens pick band 1 compo would get them
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    They'll absolutely match and force a trade which will certainly net them more than the mid-teens pick band 1 compo would get them
    Really? Hardly ever happens and they have to be able to fit the amount in their salary cap (although their cap pressure has eased with the departures last year).

Post Thanks / Like

Really? Hardly ever happens and they have to be able to fit the amount in their salary cap (although their cap pressure has eased with the departures last year).
    True, but if Patton gets 'Scully traded', they should be alright you'd think after letting Shiel & Scully go last year. Hopefully they want to match it, because as a guess that may leave Tomlinson sitting unsigned for even longer. Which isn't a bad thing if we are trying to bring him over as rumoured.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Darcy Moore
    Sign me up, Bevo would love a player like Moore at his disposal. I hope he's partial to occasional ruck duty.

I just can't imagine the Pies would entertain letting Moore go unfortunately.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

That was the driving force behind their departures last year.

It doesn't have to happen formally either e.g. the Dangerfield trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    True, but if Patton gets 'Scully traded', they should be alright you'd think after letting Shiel & Scully go last year.
    Patton to Hawthorn has been talked about for months, even before Roughy was dropped.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Patton to Hawthorn has been talked about for months, even before Roughy was dropped.
    Makes one wonder how they took big contracts last year in Scully & Wingard, and rumoured Patton & Cognilio this year.

Besides Roughy going, they must be doing something else surely salary cap wise. Smith or others out maybe?

On Cogs, hopefully he stays and Tomlinson leaves to us.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Sign me up, Bevo would love a player like Moore at his disposal. I hope he's partial to occasional ruck duty.

I just can't imagine the Pies would entertain letting Moore go unfortunately.
    We selected him inside the top 10 forcing the Pies to go early on him. Would love him.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Darcy Moore
    Our medicos have had it too easy this year, let's get Moore in and make them earn their money.

Can't see it happening in a millions years but he would be ideal for us though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Landing a big name would be great for the club in a lot of ways but I don't mind the option of bringing in players like Crozier and Suckling either assuming we miss on the real bigger names
    Especially if we end up with a top 3-5 pick this year. Given how hard it is traditionally to trade in top talent, we might as well take the top picks when they come our way, and trade for role players like Crozier et al.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure, but where's that going to come from? The draft?

Darling's also doubly-buggered in our system because if he's not making hay up forward where else can you play him? Footscray, that's where.

If we're going to throw the kitchen sink at someone let's prioritise a high-energy small forward with quickness and an appetite for chasing. I'll take two of those thank you.

Failing that an athletic tall defender who can lock down on troublesome opposition bigs and hurt them going the other way. One of those will do nicely.
    Didn't we trade one of those to Geelong last year?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Didn't we trade one of those to Geelong last year?
    Aye but we need one with a better attitude and a MUCH better leg.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah we have forwards who miss goals well and truly covered.