Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sheahan into the Dogs

Rightfully so, we are irrelevant again - people don't care.

https://www.zerohanger.com/mike-shea...ePInNnvgnmpbNY
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sheahan into the Dogs

Hard to argue with a lot there.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Good.

That's the thing though isn't it. Who cares?
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

I'm amazed at the lack of criticism over the lat 3 years.

Can you imagine if Collingwood or Richmond didn't make the finals 3 years in a row after a flag?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Hard to argue with a lot there.
    There wasn't much there but he's lighting kindling. It's useful it goes to Bevo because he needs to be the one that says yeah I need more support. A reshuffle ain't gonna cut it he's gonna need to consider at least two new assistants, preferably a senior one. Considering he's brought no one in himself I'm sure he'd have some candidates in mind.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    There wasn't much there but he's lighting kindling. It's useful it goes to Bevo because he needs to be the one that says yeah I need more support. A reshuffle ain't gonna cut it he's gonna need to consider at least two new assistants, preferably a senior one. Considering he's brought no one in himself I'm sure he'd have some candidates in mind.
    I don't see Bevo voluntarily asking for a new senior assistant, or coaching director.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Bevo voluntarily asking for a new senior assistant, or coaching director.
    Nope PG needs to tell him that's what's going to happen.

Post Thanks / Like

You can explain away 1 bad year after a flag as momentous as ours - it happened to the best of them in Clarko. But the next 18 months of on-field dross cannot be adequately explained or justified. The time to shake up the assistant coaches was at the end of 2017 - 2 years too late if it happens this year. Bevo righty deserves the glare of the spotlight.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

9. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree entirely. I get the post flag hangover
    Wasn’t shocked there , but the inconsistency this season is infuriating

Post Thanks / Like

This really falls on the shoulders of Chris Grant who has overall responsibility of the Football department. Maybe the appointment of Simon Garlick on the Board and given the role of his assisting fellow Board member Matthew Croft might lead to more urgent action in taking the appropriate measures towards adopting a far more professional approach designed to radically change our current structure.

Post Thanks / Like

Peter Gordon will have been asking that question two seasons ago and I'm pretty sure he knows what to do.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Peter Gordon will have been asking that question two seasons ago and I'm pretty sure he knows what to do.
    Then why has nothing changed?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

14. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ask him! Nuggety Back Pocket is actually Peter Gordon. Didn't you know that?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Could look at it another way. A lot of commentators are into the Blues with a kind of false care, with analysis and polite comment. But actually they are rapt that club is a shambles! They get attention because they are easy to hate.
    It's not as much fun pilloring us. Our fans are not annoying enough. By the same token our fans don't put the heat on our club like others.

Post Thanks / Like

Just read an article where Peter Gordon has said he is going to extend Beveridges contract shortly.
    Bring back the biff