Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  107
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R13 2019

So Complacent when we got ahead. Should have gone on with it
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I was watching the Bendigo Braves in the background, I enjoyed watching that more. I doubt I'll make another trip down to Marvel this season. This win does nothing for me, some glimpses of what could be but when the heat was on some weak and pathetic efforts. We're no good and need to take steps back further to improve.
    I was only thinking the other day how you and chef just keep on backing up trips from central vic and I don't know how you guys keep backing up with this garbage. I gave my social club guest passes away and won't go again this year. I can't justify all my membership adds on if the club can't get its shit together either. Not attend, not buy more raffle tix and not donate the add ons is the only way I can protest. They've got my membership, but if the coaches and players don't have to turn up and get to pick and choose, so can I.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I thought we won......

Carlton is a tough match up for us and we were a rotation short in the middle which is where we generate our output. We did well to put two buffers between us and a hungry opponent that played really well at times.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Thanks FrediKanoute thanked for this post
    Likes Hotdog60, dadsgirl16, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Caleb Daniel stop those cute little kicks after you run around in circles. That turnover in the last was the turning point and it happens too many times with those kicks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I thought we won......

Carlton is a tough match up for us and we were a rotation short in the middle which is where we generate our output. We did well to put two buffers between us and a hungry opponent that played really well at times.
    Maybe when you nearly give up a 6 goal lead in 5 minutes to the worst team in football for the last 2 years, the shine gets taken off somewhat.

7. Likes bulldogtragic, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Any chance of Naughton going back?

*!*!*!*! me Bevo.
    His refusal to make this change at different stages in this game was deplorable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    We are not even Geelongs jock straps....we are so far off the mark it’s not funny.
    That's footy and I just saw a great game that we won but if the gang want to self destruct, maybe, just maybe I don't see something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yeah, but....

If our talent people think he's better than Roughy or Campbell, they're Cheech & Chong like high.
    We need to ship them off to military school with that god damned Finkelstein shit of a kid!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

11. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Maybe when you nearly give up a 6 goal lead in 5 minutes to the worst team in football for the last 2 years, the shine gets taken off somewhat.
    Yeah but we’re not very good if you hadn’t noticed. We’re rebuilding, take a look at our spine/talls.

Carlton is a tough match up for us and beat Brisbane last week and flogged us last time we e played them. We set up arrogantly and too offensively and it hurt us, but that’s footy sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton supporters around me all left when they needed 5 to win
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yeah but we’re not very good if you hadn’t noticed. We’re rebuilding, take a look at our spine/talls.

Carlton is a tough match up for us and beat Brisbane last week and flogged us last time we e played them. We set up arrogantly and too offensively and it hurt us, but that’s footy sometimes.
    Everyone is a tough match up for us because we are quite bad. Believe me, I’ve noticed that we’re not very good.

Post Thanks / Like

Charlie Curnow joins the likes of Majak Daw, Drew Petrie, John Butcher, Josh Jenkins, and Jake Carlisle as second rate forwards who have torched us.
    Footscray member since 1980.

16. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Charlie Curnow joins the likes of Majak Daw, Drew Petrie, John Butcher, Josh Jenkins, and Jake Carlisle as second rate forwards who have torched us.
    He's had a rough year but I'd hardly call him second rate.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

It is so hard barracking for the Dogs. I am in Sumbawa at the moment. Got off the motorbike in time to listen to the second half. After the first five minutes it was like there was only one team playing. I couldn't believe it. We were being trounced after leading by 34! Then we steady, get back in front and then smash them in the last until we get smashed with seven minutes left on the clock only to hang on by a thread!
    How do you explain that? Can we really be that bad? We were with the flag favourite on their home ground for three and a half quarters but then they crushed us. The reality is that performance flattered to deceive. I think we are a long way off and will struggle to win more than another 2 or 3 games.
    Listening to the second half it seems the following were AWOL: Cordy, Dale, Dickson, Gardner, Williams, Wood and Lloyd. There are no excuses. We played a team that has been a basket case for a few years now. They were 2 - 9. We coughed up 34 point lead and nearly coughed it up again! We are way off the pace.
    You are supposed to be happy after a win. I am struggling to find anything to be happy about and it's a strange feeling.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

19. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is a tough match up for us because we are quite bad. Believe me, I’ve noticed that we’re not very good.
    Most teams are tough matches for ALL teams these days. The difference between reasonable and poor has never been closer and the way teams match up has never meant more!

I get going completely apeshit over a lack of effort, but that wasn’t our issue for most of the game tonight. Our loss of Libba really hurt us and clearly our coaching team wanted us to fight it out with a particular gear all night without responding too heavily to what was happening against us.

We won the game, put the whips and chains away and enjoy it.

21. Likes bornadog, Ghost Dog, choconmientay liked this post