Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  107
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R13 2019

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The other thing teams are good at is defending all over the ground. At times it was difficult for us to get through their defence, especially in the third qurter when they really pressed forward and locked the ball in.
    It became harder as we defended more poorly than we had been early in the game. Teams only defend well if you don't by and large do the same (unless it's a turnover fest). If both teams are defending well then it turns into a game between the arcs but with each team scoring in waves it suggested that wasn't the way the game played out tonight.

If Naughton kicked a couple of goals when he had the chance it would have broken the Blues but it didn't pan out that way. We let them in twice but didn't lose, I don't see why so many forum contributors are so surprised and savage about that, particularly given a lot of the same forum contributors spend the entire week between games lamenting how shit we are and how shit we will be.

We're rebuilding around a relatively experienced midfield and flank set up, and a young spine. It actually means we are going to be shit sometimes and good sometimes, in the middle sometimes and indifferent the others. We showed every side of the spectrum tonight, and still won against a side that beat Brisbane last week and is clearly enjoying a surge in form after losing a coach.

Sure we have a lot of work to do, but as long as the effort is there I'm not going to get bent out of shape over almost losing a game we were good enough to dominate for a substantial period twice, when one of those periods was when we were a rotation down.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Only this shithouse club could lose like this.
    Wow, 7000 plus posts and you post this rubbish.

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only this shithouse club could lose like this.
    Why do you even bother supporting the team? Really pathetic remark considering the joy the club is only one of seven clubs that have achieved the holy grail this decade. Yes we are going through a tough period but geez is there a need for this type of comment. Maybe you should stop following the team.

Post Thanks / Like

Going by all the comments it seems like we lost. Yes we played like crap at times but at the end of the day we won. We have turned around a 40 point loss a month ago into a win. Surely we can at least saviour a victory. This at least gives us something to build on and take a positive into the next game.

6. Likes jeemak, dadsgirl16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Most teams are tough matches for ALL teams these days. The difference between reasonable and poor has never been closer and the way teams match up has never meant more!

I get going completely apeshit over a lack of effort, but that wasn’t our issue for most of the game tonight. Our loss of Libba really hurt us and clearly our coaching team wanted us to fight it out with a particular gear all night without responding too heavily to what was happening against us.

We won the game, put the whips and chains away and enjoy it.
    I mean, if anyone predicted we would get smashed by 40 points they should look on the bright side. We got the win, but cannot be complacent with this result
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It became harder as we defended more poorly than we had been early in the game. Teams only defend well if you don't by and large do the same (unless it's a turnover fest). If both teams are defending well then it turns into a game between the arcs but with each team scoring in waves it suggested that wasn't the way the game played out tonight.

If Naughton kicked a couple of goals when he had the chance it would have broken the Blues but it didn't pan out that way. We let them in twice but didn't lose, I don't see why so many forum contributors are so surprised and savage about that, particularly given a lot of the same forum contributors spend the entire week between games lamenting how shit we are and how shit we will be.

We're rebuilding around a relatively experienced midfield and flank set up, and a young spine. It actually means we are going to be shit sometimes and good sometimes, in the middle sometimes and indifferent the others. We showed every side of the spectrum tonight, and still won against a side that beat Brisbane last week and is clearly enjoying a surge in form after losing a coach.

Sure we have a lot of work to do, but as long as the effort is there I'm not going to get bent out of shape over almost losing a game we were good enough to dominate for a substantial period twice, when one of those periods was when we were a rotation down.
    Thanks for this calm assessment. Now that the dust has settled, after the seven minute train wreck at the death, it makes a lot of sense. If we look at the quality and experience we are missing at the Club in the last few years it goes like this: Mathew Boyd, Tom Boyd, Dahlhaus, Hamling, Picken, Roughest, Stringer, Smith, Murphy, Crameri and, most of all, Dale Morris. Have I missed anyone?
    We lost Libba early so that had an effect that showed up at the end. At one stage, when well on top in the last, we kicked 3 points in a row. If just one of them had been a goal ...
    We need to recruit well, particularly some key defenders and we have to get Schache up and running. We have been unfortunate with some of the defenders we drafted. Collins had youth and size - but it came to nothing. Adams could play, and at either end, but made Tom Williams look indestructible.
    Hamling was great, and we lost him. We should never have let Roughie go.
    We are re-building and it will take time. But, I can't wait another 59 years for a flag unless I live to 129!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Thanks for this calm assessment. Now that the dust has settled, after the seven minute train wreck at the death, it makes a lot of sense. If we look at the quality and experience we are missing at the Club in the last few years it goes like this: Mathew Boyd, Tom Boyd, Dahlhaus, Hamling, Picken, Roughest, Stringer, Smith, Murphy, Crameri and, most of all, Dale Morris. Have I missed anyone?
    We lost Libba early so that had an effect that showed up at the end. At one stage, when well on top in the last, we kicked 3 points in a row. If just one of them had been a goal ...
    We need to recruit well, particularly some key defenders and we have to get Schache up and running. We have been unfortunate with some of the defenders we drafted. Collins had youth and size - but it came to nothing. Adams could play, and at either end, but made Tom Williams look indestructible.
    Hamling was great, and we lost him. We should never have let Roughie go.
    We are re-building and it will take time. But, I can't wait another 59 years for a flag unless I live to 129!
    This is an excellent summary. We are still struggling to come to grips with the loss of so much experience. Apart from Geelong and Collingwood this is a very even competition. To defeat Carlton was a good effort. Our inability to curb Charlie Curnow was perhaps the one downside perhaps highlighting our still lack of a goal to goal structure. I see would like to see both Schache and Lew Young in the line up. Very encouraging signs again from English and Smith and a much improved Lipinski. Yesterday was a much competitive performance than previously displayed just a few weeks ago against the Blues.
    Patience is required but the effort was there yesterday.

10. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Wow, 7000 plus posts and you post this rubbish.
    Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Why do you even bother supporting the team? Really pathetic remark considering the joy the club is only one of seven clubs that have achieved the holy grail this decade. Yes we are going through a tough period but geez is there a need for this type of comment. Maybe you should stop following the team.
    Oh look out. I didn't think the behavior police were in here as well. If you guys want to sit back and celebrate the past then go right ahead, 2016 sadly for me is a looooong way back in the rearview mirror. I can't sit back and applaud how far and how quickly we've fallen since 1/10/16 and won't be told by a couple of people in a football forum to accept the tripe we serve up week in week out. 1 emotional charged post after we made an unlosebale lead turn into nothing and the behaviour police want me out. Give It a spell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Charlie Curnow had five frees and a 50m penalty. I’m not sure how many of his frees resulted in goals but I’d be pretty pleased if Aaron Naughton or Bont got the same largesse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Curnow certainly got a good deal from the umpires tonight.
    Cordy was clueless & clumsy in his defending of Curnow.. they were there.

Post Thanks / Like

Cordy did have a poor game and I think Curnow had him mentally.

Le Young had a very good game in the two's maybe it's time to get Cordy to smarten up.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh look out. I didn't think the behavior police were in here as well. If you guys want to sit back and celebrate the past then go right ahead, 2016 sadly for me is a looooong way back in the rearview mirror. I can't sit back and applaud how far and how quickly we've fallen since 1/10/16 and won't be told by a couple of people in a football forum to accept the tripe we serve up week in week out. 1 emotional charged post after we made an unlosebale lead turn into nothing and the behaviour police want me out. Give It a spell.
    That is a pity me post if ever I have read one. No one is wanting you out. We are just calling you out for calling our team a shithouse club, when quite frankly we aren’t. Are we not allowed to rebut your post and call it out for what it was? Are we not allowed to make comment and make a suggestion to you ? You make a comment on a public forum and you provide an opportunity for others to rebut.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a pity me post if ever I have read one. No one is wanting you out. We are just calling you out for calling our team a shithouse club, when quite frankly we aren’t. Are we not allowed to rebut your post and call it out for what it was? Are we not allowed to make comment and make a suggestion to you ? You make a comment on a public forum and you provide an opportunity for others to rebut.
    Nah go right ahead, doesn't bother me that much really. Pity you only want an echo chamber for a public forum

Post Thanks / Like

Nah go right ahead, doesn't bother me that much really. Pity you only want an echo chamber for a public forum
    Shithouse club is so far wrong , we are making a profit, rebuilding our home ground, won premierships in all 3 competitions in the last 5 years , we in actual fact are probably the most successful club in the last 5 years on and off the field.
    Are we going well on the field at the moment no, but to call the western bulldogs a shithouse club is so far from the truth, the club has made massive steps forward in the last 5 years and will continue to.
    Bring back the biff

17. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, bornadog, dadsgirl16, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously it does bother you if you choose to seek pity and suggest others want you out of the forum. Clearly we don’t but you skew words to suggest that we do. As previously stated you make a comment on a public forum then you are open slather to a rebuttal. Simple really.

As for an echo chamber again you are trying to imply something that actually isn’t the reality. No one is even suggesting that you can’t have different views, but if I don’t agree with your view then surely have the right to state my opinion. Or is this not allowed? It is like you can’t handle criticism of a comment. You then go off on a tangent and have a sook and make it out that we want you removed and you can’t have an alternative view.

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously it does bother you if you choose to seek pity and suggest others want you out of the forum. Clearly we don’t but you skew words to suggest that we do. As previously stated you make a comment on a public forum then you are open slather to a rebuttal. Simple really.

As for an echo chamber again you are trying to imply something that actually isn’t the reality. No one is even suggesting that you can’t have different views, but if I don’t agree with your view then surely have the right to state my opinion. Or is this not allowed? It is like you can’t handle criticism of a comment. You then go off on a tangent and have a sook and make it out that we want you removed and you can’t have an alternative view.
    Alright I'll straighten this out as you didn't get my post. The behavior police are throwing people out of games so it was themed with that. Kind of a joke, but having a dry sense of humor doesn't translate over a screen. Not seeking pity at all, I don't really care what you or anyone else thinks of me and certainly not seeking pity from strangers I've never met.

20. Likes whythelongface liked this post