Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  107
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R13 2019

They all looked buggered after the siren went.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Only this shithouse club could lose like this.
    I am sure you don't mean that mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Coughed up a decent lead twice. That was a real concern.

A little patch just towards the end of the 3rd saved the game for us. They missed a few and we settled with a couple to undo what could've been a disastrous quarter. That was pleasing, to some degree. I thought we'd turn our toes up.

Last quarter we looked comfortable and put the cue in the rack, far too early it seems. We aren't good enough to do that, though being a man down meant they would always have a chance to come at us late.

Curnow is a gun, but you wish Naughty was adjudicated to the same standard as he and Ben Brown. Gifted half his bag. Our bloke gets scragged, nothing, makes terrific defensive efforts, no reward.

Carlton are a disgrace. Glad to see their pissant hearts break.
    Agree on this 100%.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    TD mentioned it earlier and that is what got me suspicious, we came off the ground way too cooked.
    We had so much of the ball that we had no chance to rest. Over 400 disposals, 70 plus more than Carlton - no wonder we were tired.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Very happy for Tim English. A very good game. We need to keep persisting with him. He will be a decent player.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We had so much of the ball that we had no chance to rest. Over 400 disposals, 70 plus more than Carlton - no wonder we were tired.
    Slowing the game down and controlling the pace is something we have not done well in the past.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Pretty sure that was said in jest! I've been enjoying G-mo77's posts for a few years now.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    They all looked buggered after the siren went.
    Bont was one who was just on the ground. Just relieved it was over after that scare.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Oh look out. I didn't think the behavior police were in here as well. If you guys want to sit back and celebrate the past then go right ahead, 2016 sadly for me is a looooong way back in the rearview mirror. I can't sit back and applaud how far and how quickly we've fallen since 1/10/16 and won't be told by a couple of people in a football forum to accept the tripe we serve up week in week out. 1 emotional charged post after we made an unlosebale lead turn into nothing and the behaviour police want me out. Give It a spell.
    Everyone values you as a Bulldog supporter, you are gold.
    I just saw someone abusing our club when you were just having a dummy spit. As you say posting sometimes tone can be misinterpretted.

Post Thanks / Like

My friend took a photo of libber rubbing his eyes , taunting a carlton supporter who had been at them all day, sent it to a few journos, it’s all over the place now.
    Libber is one hilarious guy, before we get all PC about it, even the people standing around this bloke wanted to belt him and they weren’t bulldog supporters .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    My friend took a photo of libber rubbing his eyes , taunting a carlton supporter who had been at them all day, sent it to a few journos, it’s all over the place now.
    Libber is one hilarious guy, before we get all PC about it, even the people standing around this bloke wanted to belt him and they weren’t bulldog supporters .
    I don't think this is a 'PC vs Anti-PC' thing. (has anyone here even criticized him for it?). He's just called them sooks essentially. The only marginal people who can be offended by that are Carlton supporters and frankly the day we start caring about what Carlton supporters think is the day we need seriously pull our heads in.

12. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    That was a lot of emotion, at that point when I typed that we blew another 5 - 6 goal lead. Deep down of course I don't mean it however right now it's pretty close to the truth. I just can't get over how bad we've become in such a short time, I've gone through different kinds of emotions: 2017 was OK, I was still on a high and thought we'd bounce back, 2018 was miserable, just sadness thinking how far we'd fallen and the opportunity wasted. 2019 is and has pretty much been anger.

I've always enjoyed watching my team regardless of the position on the ladder. Driving down to the footy was a nice escape, a time were I could forget about any issues in my life, forget about work, and just sit back and enjoy watching my team play. It's not like that now, I don't want to make the trips down anymore, it's pretty much half a day for me and I can't justify wasting my time going down there to see most of the players going through the motions out on the field. I force myself to watch when they're on TV, mostly have it on in the background and do something else. I also made the comment that I doubt I'll travel down again this season to watch and I probably won't. Sadly they're losing me as a diehard Bulldog supporter. People will throw flames at me for it and that's fine, I've done it in the past to when I've heard the "I'll cancel my membership" line but that's exactly how I feel right now.

16. Likes SonofScray, soupman, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to get up and get back on the bike. You have invested too much of your emotional self to walk away now. Imagine how you will feel when we turn the corner and you're not on the bus? A week is a long time in football. We all get down at times. You'll get back up. You'll see. Stay staunch. Do you want to be like Melbourne supporters and go skiing in July/August?
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

18. Likes bornadog, Ghost Dog, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a lot of emotion, at that point when I typed that we blew another 5 - 6 goal lead. Deep down of course I don't mean it however right now it's pretty close to the truth. I just can't get over how bad we've become in such a short time, I've gone through different kinds of emotions: 2017 was OK, I was still on a high and thought we'd bounce back, 2018 was miserable, just sadness thinking how far we'd fallen and the opportunity wasted. 2019 is and has pretty much been anger.

I've always enjoyed watching my team regardless of the position on the ladder. Driving down to the footy was a nice escape, a time were I could forget about any issues in my life, forget about work, and just sit back and enjoy watching my team play. It's not like that now, I don't want to make the trips down anymore, it's pretty much half a day for me and I can't justify wasting my time going down there to see most of the players going through the motions out on the field. I force myself to watch when they're on TV, mostly have it on in the background and do something else. I also made the comment that I doubt I'll travel down again this season to watch and I probably won't. Sadly they're losing me as a diehard Bulldog supporter. People will throw flames at me for it and that's fine, I've done it in the past to when I've heard the "I'll cancel my membership" line but that's exactly how I feel right now.
    I feel your pain and understand your frustrations. After our 2016 flag the past 3 years has seen a dramatic fall away in on field performances. Very few players have taken their game to the next level and many have either left or retired, injured or simply out of form. I do think there needs to be stronger measures taken in our Football department with an urgent review of off field personnel. Dunkley and Daniel have been exceptions and have been two from our Premiership team to take his form to a higher level. English Naughton Crozier Smith Richards and Lipinski have been good recruits but our on field leadership has been a concern. I hope you will hang in there and that improvement will come sooner than later.

20. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes merantau, G-Mo77 liked this post