Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers and Anchors: Rnd 13, 2019, vs Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Bankers
    Dunkley, in particular his first quarter and his Pele goal.
    Suckling, turned the tide back to us in the third.
    English, maybe a Gary Dempsey in the making.

Anchors
    Bailey Dale and Gardner, do we want to field 16 against Collingwood next week ?
    The AFL thought police patrols.
    Cordy, courageous but seems to be getting smashed every week.
    Dunkley wrote the story of this game from start to end.
    His final act in the dying last driving the shoulder in to get the high tackle summed it up.
    Bont was incredible in this game. He kicked goals, he made goals, he goaded Daisy into gifting us a 50m, which almost got us goals.
    He's a real general for us.
    Can't complain we don't have KPF players with Naughton and English sweeping across, taking massive grabs. Very good game for the forward line.

Anchors
    Caleb Daniel - gifting goals
    Missed easy set shots.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Cordy NEVER drops his head or wanders about with his hand on his hips. That's what I love about him, he might get beaten in a contest but he's just as hard at it the next time it comes down.
    That may be the case and is an admirable trait, but even if he didn't literally drop his head he was clearly spooked by Curnow last night. Even from the first contest that Crozier psychotically ran back into intercept, Zaine's first instinct even with support was to hold.

I still think Zaine is a good player but he's been miscast. He should be a Ryan Hargrave clone but he's being made to play like a Dale Morris one out of necessity.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    That may be the case and is an admirable trait, but even if he didn't literally drop his head he was clearly spooked by Curnow last night. Even from the first contest that Crozier psychotically ran back into intercept, Zaine's first instinct even with support was to hold.

I still think Zaine is a good player but he's been miscast. He should be a Ryan Hargrave clone but he's being made to play like a Dale Morris one out of necessity.
    I'd like to see him return to the forward line and do the job we clearly want Gardiner to do. Or play as the third defensive tall with some support around him. Maybe when Moz comes back in a couple of weeks?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

If Zaine is to be the Hargrave 3rd tallish defender we need better disposal from him than what we got last night. None of Trengove, Young or Naughton if he happens to go back are good or quick users of the ball so that'd be an area we'd need more from Zaine on.

I could live with him as our swingman for either end and/or ruck too

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see him return to the forward line and do the job we clearly want Gardiner to do. Or play as the third defensive tall with some support around him. Maybe when Moz comes back in a couple of weeks?
    That's my preference. His best footy so far has been when he can play on the mid-tall forwards.

Gardner's "job" is really more borne out of the staff's opinion of him as a player - Mihocek does that "job" for Collingwood but also kicks 35 goals a year while doing it. I really think we need a skill upgrade in his slot rather than an honest trier like Zaine is up forward (if only there was someone in the seconds playing that position with far better skills).
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cordy NEVER drops his head or wanders about with his hand on his hips. That's what I love about him, he might get beaten in a contest but he's just as hard at it the next time it comes down.
    I just don’t get this infatuation with Cordy.

I pointed out weeks ago that he is not being played in a way that highlights his talents. That’s not his fault. Yet he keeps getting the same task, that is the coach’s fault. Against Carlton this year he has given McKay and Curnow their career best games, and Darling is sending a thank-you card for his.

Roberts gets pilloried for an average game and Cordy gets praised for disasters. He has given up 13 goals in 2 weeks.

Cordy could be a great player and I am grateful for him getting us a premiership ( from the forward line). Start playing him sensibly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Dunkley wrote the story of this game from start to end.
    His final act in the dying last driving the shoulder in to get the high tackle summed it up.
    Bont was incredible in this game. He kicked goals, he made goals, he goaded Daisy into gifting us a 50m, which almost got us goals.
    He's a real general for us.
    Can't complain we don't have KPF players with Naughton and English sweeping across, taking massive grabs. Very good game for the forward line.

Anchors
    Caleb Daniel - gifting goals
    Missed easy set shots.
    I’m complaining!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    If Zaine is to be the Hargrave 3rd tallish defender we need better disposal from him than what we got last night. None of Trengove, Young or Naughton if he happens to go back are good or quick users of the ball so that'd be an area we'd need more from Zaine on.

I could live with him as our swingman
    ...yes

for either end and/or ruck too
    ...no
    Time to treat the ruck professionally!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    That's my preference. His best footy so far has been when he can play on the mid-tall forwards.

Gardner's "job" is really more borne out of the staff's opinion of him as a player - Mihocek does that "job" for Collingwood but also kicks 35 goals a year while doing it. I really think we need a skill upgrade in his slot rather than an honest trier like Zaine is up forward (if only there was someone in the seconds playing that position with far better skills).
    What I wouldn't give for a young key tall highly touted as a youngster to just play forward and develop!
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

But we need more than just a tryer, he needs to be at least being competitive but hes not even doing that.

How he keeps getting games over Roberts and Le Young only Bevo knows. Luke has some weird favourites.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I think maybe a stint up forward at Footscray may be the best thing for him, try and make that position his own.

He doesn't have the tricks or agility to play as a third tall defender imo.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    I’m complaining!
    English and Naughton! Re-training is the new recruiting Danjul! Not as KPF as Curnow granted....ouch 7 goals.
    But seriously, play these two guys in a few years together when mature, very hard to stop.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    But we need more than just a tryer, he needs to be at least being competitive but hes not even doing that.

How he keeps getting games over Roberts and Le Young only Bevo knows. Luke has some weird favourites.
    Young yes, but Roberts - nah
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Young yes, but Roberts - nah
    I dont rate Roberts at all but he'd give a better contest than Cordy.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Time to treat the ruck professionally!
    Wasn't bad against Goldstein. The reality is we need someone as the second ruck and if something happens where say Young (your preferred pinch hitter) can't do the job for some reason Cordy might be an okay backup.