Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers and Anchors: Rnd 13, 2019, vs Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Wasn't bad against Goldstein. The reality is we need someone as the second ruck and if something happens where say Young (your preferred pinch hitter) can't do the job for some reason Cordy might be an okay backup.
    What you are saying highlights what the selectors are not doing. Thinking strategically.

Building a series of what if’s into the planning.

Look at a player’s skill set.

Cordy can play forward (did it in the finals), can play back (sometimes successfully) and can jump in the ruck (as you say).

At present he is being wasted and that is a coaching error.

It was obvious early that he was going to have a bad night. But he was left in place. I would have swapped him and Naughton. If he got 1 goal and Naughton stopped 2 we had a far more comfortable result.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Young yes, but Roberts - nah
    There seems to be a bit of inconsistency here, you don't want Morris, Wood or Cordy to play tall and you've now apparently ruled a line through Roberts playing as a key defender?
    If all players were available, how would your back six actually look?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There seems to be a bit of inconsistency here, you don't want Morris, Wood or Cordy to play tall and you've now apparently ruled a line through Roberts playing as a key defender?
    If all players were available, how would your back six actually look?
    When I say tall, I mean on guys 200cm plus. I don't really rate Roberts so he is out of the equation.

I will have a think about back six
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    When I say tall, I mean on guys 200cm plus. I don't really rate Roberts so he is out of the equation.

I will have a think about back six
    Are you sure that is what you mean? Cordy wasn't playing on a 200cm+ player and Wood gets opponents more around the 190cm and yet you've consistently said they should never play tall along with Morris when they get toweled up

Regarding the back 6, it should be pretty straight forward for you shouldn't it? Wood, Crozier, Morris and Cordy playing on flanks and pockets and Trengove and Lewis Young in the KP slots leaving JJ and Daniel looking for other spots
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure that is what you mean? Cordy wasn't playing on a 200cm+ player and Wood gets opponents more around the 190cm and yet you've consistently said they should never play tall along with Morris when they get toweled up

Regarding the back 6, it should be pretty straight forward for you shouldn't it? Wood, Crozier, Morris and Cordy playing on flanks and pockets and Trengove and Lewis Young in the KP slots leaving JJ and Daniel looking for other spots
    jj can only run in straight lines. He proved that when he was tried as a forward. Halved his impact. Needs the space coming off the backline and can deliver well into the forward area.

Post Thanks / Like

Cordy has played on Cox, he has played on Harry Mckay (previous match) off the top of my head. Wood on Buddy, etc etc etc.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

Career best best games from Dunks, Lippa and English
    Suckling is only smart player we have, and it saved us
    Trengove held McKay (like he did the Tiger's Lynch)

Anchors:

Poor goal kicking yet again
    Opposition coaches have worked out to sort out Daniel down back
    Allowing the bottom team to have two almost match winning huge momentum swings
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

1. Dunkley - midfield beast. He is becoming a seriously good player. Heeney who? Thank you Sydney

2. English - This kid can play. Kreuzer touched him up last time and the muffin responded nicely. 29 hitouts and plenty went down The Bonts throat. 15 disposals 13 of them contested to go with 2 goals and a couple of huge contested pack marks. More of that and we have ourselves an A grade ruckman.

3. Suckling - he said not on my watch. This is the sort of leadership we need from all of our senior players.

Anchors

1. Umpires love affair with Charlie Curnow. I bet every forward would that sort of a ride from the umps. Softest frees I've ever seen. No contact allowed!

2. Libba's injury. It just sucks. Hopefully he's back in a few weeks. Thank goodness his ACL is fine.

3. Dale - not doing nearly enough. Time to give someone else a go. Bring on Westy
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

Dunkley's entire game.
    Macrae towelling up Cripps.
    Hunter's smother.

Anchors:

Dale just not having an impact.
    Our inability to defend - and that means the ground, not just the defenders. Our ability to transition to defending has been poor.
    Not having the game iced by half time. Completely dominated but didn't kill the game because we leaked goals.