Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Easton Wood - 150 Games

Has missed a fair few games since his debut in round 21 2009.

All the best for this week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Congratulations Easton Wood - 150 Games

Congrats Easton on 150 career games. He will always be a premiership captain. Hasn’t been in the best form in recent times like he was back in 2015 but hoping he has a great game on Sunday.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

4. Likes Bulldog Revolution, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he has looked better in recent games. Will look better again when we have 1 or 2 decent KPD.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Easton. You have not had an easy row to hoe but have stuck to task manfully and taken on some huge roles on game days. Your role as Premiership Captain was immense. You got us up and running with that first goal against the Hawks and your contributions throughout that finals series were inspiring.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to a tough and courageous bulldog

He's over come more than his share of injuries and has always seemed a terrific person

He's also a premiership captain and had some golden years across half back

8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Easton Wood is as tough and courageous a footballer as I have seen. Never afraid to put his head over the footy, runs back with the flight of the ball without hesitation and always puts in for the team. If I had to go to war I would want Easton Wood alongside me.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

10. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Easton Wood is as tough and courageous a footballer as I have seen. Never afraid to put his head over the footy, runs back with the flight of the ball without hesitation and always puts in for the team. If I had to go to war I would want Easton Wood alongside me.
    If it came to that I'd prefer his brother.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

well played skipper

hope to see you in our colours for many more tears
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article...nocks-on-wood/

THERE'S NO KNOCKS ON WOOD
    By Marcus Bontempelli Jun 22, 2019

Over one of our bye weekends from football I didn’t have too much planned.

‘Woody’ was heading back to his hometown of Camperdown (a rural town in Victoria’s southwest region) for a few days and suggested I go with him.

We spent some time on a dairy farm, milking cows and experiencing what life is like outside of football.

I’m a city boy at heart and so it was a new experience for me, that’s for sure!

When I think about Woody and reflect on what he’s like as a person ahead of his 150th game this weekend, it is memories like that one which spring to mind.

He’s the type of person who loves to help other people experience new things and expand their horizons – it’s part of what makes him such a great leader.

If I think back to my first year at the club, Woody was one of the first people who approached me and made the effort to get to know me away from football.

I still remember going to a little cafĂ© in Seddon called the ‘Sourdough Kitchen’ where, over a sandwich, he made the effort to get to know where I’d come from and a bit about my background.

He made me feel right at home at the Bulldogs and I knew I had a friend in him immediately. Right from the word go, Woody was hospitable.

From the outside, I think everyone can see how selfless Woody is but internally that perception is tenfold.

Sometimes there are moments throughout your football journey where you’re unsure about yourself, whether it’s form, confidence or other aspects that come with being an AFL player.

In those times, Woody is the type of person that you turn to.

Through his own experiences in the system and the earlier, formative parts of his career, he’s learnt a number of lessons which he hopes to instil into the younger boys coming through our club.

He takes it upon himself to help players find their feet within the confines of an AFL environment because it can be quite a confronting, challenging and new environment to enter into at 18-years-old.

It’s what makes him such a strong role model for the younger generations out there.

Over the course of the past couple of years we’ve become very close through our role in the leadership group.

Despite being captain for two years now and being interim captain in 2016, Woody has a desire to continue to learn and do what is best for the group.

Our previous skipper Bob Murphy left tough shoes for Woody to fill but such is his character, he’s embraced the challenge.

I’ve got a huge amount of respect for the way he goes about his football and his leadership.

When I talk about his selfless attitude, everything that encompasses his leadership comes to mind.

Our playing group is always his priority.

Away from the field, Woody is a unique individual.

He’s a Lego and Star Wars ’nuffie’ and a movie buff, too.

At 29, he still puts together Lego masterpieces similar to what you’d do at 10 or 11-years-old – he spends hours in his spare time building them!

With Woody, what you see is what you get.

Good luck in your 150th, Woody!

14. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to our premiership captain and one of the best intercept marks we've ever seen in the tri-colours.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Congratulations to our premiership captain and one of the best intercept marks we've ever seen in the tri-colours.
    Playing 155 this week
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Playing 155 this week
    Damn, I'm about as accurate as Bonti in front of goal.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

18. Likes hujsh, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Best captain in the AFL.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Playing 155 this week
    Bloody participation trophy culture.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Woody and lovely article from Bonts to share some personality about our great captain. Wood has made our club better in many ways and in his own self sacrifice and contributions . Yes , we can come across as critical as we don’t know all the internal happenings but I know we have someone who is prepared to give it all .