Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  57
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Collingwood R14 2019

It’s a case of dejavu all over again. So frustrating. We have lost all confidence in kicking for goal from set shots and for just taking a ping. How many times did we turn the ball over in our forward half by trying some dinky kick to a team mate, surrounded by opponents, instead of just having a crack? Naughton has become another Chris Grant in terms of his scraggability. Defenders can safely do anything to him - he’s a free fire zone.
    Throwing the ball - it’s allowed these days
    Sadly, that’s year over for us I’m afraid. We look to the future now. We need to work out who is going to make it and who isn’t over the next few months. We have shown that we can mix it with good teams - but not for four quarters. Fix that and our goal kicking, get a couple of big mobile defenders and a backup ruckman and we can make the eight in 2020.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

So that is 3 failed seasons in a row with no finals and a coach who is now barely 50% W/L in his career (and much worse in the last 3 years).

I guess Gordo will just give him and his motley crue of assistants another 2-3 year extension for shits and giggles
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    So that is 3 failed seasons in a row with no finals and a coach who is now barely 50% W/L in his career (and much worse in the last 3 years).

I guess Gordo will just give him and his motley crue of assistants another 2-3 year extension for shits and giggles
    ��������
    Last edited by GVGjr; 23-06-2019 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Will an early extension of Bevo and keeping the majority of assistants next year look to many like rewarding mediocrity? Yes.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    ��������
    Whatever it is you've posted, I can't see the format. Not expecting it to be flattering.

All good anyway, we're travelling beautifully at 5-8 after finishing 11-11 and 8-14 in the previous two seasons. Carry on.

Post Thanks / Like

If we get execution right we will be fine Sedat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    If we get execution right we will be fine Sedat
    Sounds like you're at the presser. That's Bevo's stock standard response to every loss.

9. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

More scoring shots, we lose the game. This is becoming a sadly familiar narrative.

We definitely have the effort just not the finishing ability.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever it is you've posted, I can't see the format. Not expecting it to be flattering.

All good anyway, we're travelling beautifully at 5-8 after finishing 11-11 and 8-14 in the previous two seasons. Carry on.
    2017 was really poor and we should have performed better. Since then we've been rebuilding, and have serious deficiencies on the list.

I look at our personnel and don't really know how we can play differently. If we go slow with the football we'll get creamed on the intercept and numbers back.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as frustrated as anyone, I just don't know how much better we can expect to be without a strong key defender and a couple of developed natural forwards.

There needs to be a change in assistant coaching personnel, perhaps a few different sets of eyes can unlock something different.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Left field question but are we simply missing Monty? Just think we need that hard arse 2IC
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry the four or five laughing emoticons didn't work from my phone.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    More scoring shots, we lose the game. This is becoming a sadly familiar narrative.

We definitely have the effort just not the finishing ability.
    We play some exhilarating football at times but just lack that polish to hurt the opposition
    I'm not sure how we can turn that around but I wouldn't be above getting Akermanis down at the club to work with some of the youngsters during the pre season
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Left field question but are we simply missing Monty? Just think we need that hard arse 2IC
    It's a valid question but obviously Gordo and Ameet are very happy with our footy dept structure as they have made minimal changes since the flag and are highly likely to extend contracts within the dept. Would the likes of Sydney, Hawthorn or Geelong do this after such an extended period of failure?

Chris Scott was something of a laughing stock at the end of 2018 for having such a poor finals record since 2012 - at least he makes finals.

Post Thanks / Like

We play some exhilarating football at times but just lack that polish to hurt the opposition
    I'm not sure how we can turn that around but I wouldn't be above getting Akermanis down at the club to work with some of the youngsters during the pre season
    I don't want that dickhead anywhere near our football club. Agree we need help, but please anyone but him.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

19. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you now, it was not a coaching issue today, but people are quick to turn on to the coach. I have said it before, we lack some key players that would make the difference.

Collingwood who are a grandfinalist from last year and sitting nicely in second spot, should have lost today, but we wasted our opportunities.

21. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post