Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  43
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our game plan / style / tactics are solid

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Who sees a lot of 2015 in us at the moment ? I do.
    I enjoyed the 2015 home and away season very much and even thought it was slightly better than the 2016 home and away season in which we won the greatest premiership and the greatest final series.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    In the past few weeks it seems like we've caught up with tactics this year and ditched the super-fast 2016 gameplan for a slower ball movement gameplan and it's worked.

It's amazing just how different playing styles are from just two years ago. Maintaining possession is now more important than fast transition.
    Most commentators say we have a completely different game style than any other team. Finally it is starting to gel as we play more and more games together.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    It's our execution that lets us down and costs us games.

Hear lots of doom and gloom from dogs supporters but we are on the right path
    Brilliantly timed thread Topdog. At the time a few WOOFERS were ready to jump off the Bolte from lack of faith. We are better than our last win. Stick thick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Brilliantly timed thread Topdog. At the time a few WOOFERS were ready to jump off the Bolte from lack of faith. We are better than our last win. Stick thick.
    Interesting looking at some of the early posts.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I know right? It's pretty silly. Jumping off the Bolte is only going to break your hip and a bunch of bones, and rack up an unnecessary Citylink toll charge. So don't do it and stick thick, I agree.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is make sure you buy a membership with a Grand Final guarantee cause shits about to get real next year.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I hardly think Majak Daw's experience should be the source of jokes.

8. Likes Happy Days, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Guys, I hardly think Majak Daw's experience should be the source of jokes.
    I sincerely wish Majak all the best in his recovery. His is one of the most inspiring stories that gives us all hope. The issue has taken the ultimate toll on my family and friends. Personally I have taken a lifetime to realise that depression is cruel but is an illness that at worst goes in cycles and so we recover from it and even have a laugh ourselves and still play footy.

Post Thanks / Like

I sincerely wish Majak all the best in his recovery. His is one of the most inspiring stories that gives us all hope. The issue has taken the ultimate toll on my family and friends. Personally I have taken a lifetime to realise that depression is cruel but is an illness that at worst goes in cycles and so we recover from it and even have a laugh ourselves and still play footy.
    Exactly. VicPol took my physical and mental health to the shitter and then cast me out like trash, and I'm lucky compared to dozens and dozens of dead former members. Some limited humour about the general topic is not off bounds, without this there's just the darkness and consequences it. Call it a coping mechanism or desire to reconstruct the issue somewhat. Majak was absolutely not the target or source, hence why he wasn't named. We can go over this, but if we do lets do the entire issue with the lack of any meaningful action across the board within society, including armed forces and emergency services.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes chef, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Exactly. VicPol took my physical and mental health to the shitter and then cast me out like trash, and I'm lucky compared to dozens and dozens of dead former members. Some limited humour about the general topic is not off bounds, without this there's just the darkness and consequences it. Call it a coping mechanism or desire to reconstruct the issue somewhat. Majak was absolutely not the target or source, hence why he wasn't named. We can go over this, but if we do lets do the entire issue with the lack of any meaningful action across the board within society, including armed forces and emergency services.
    I now have so much respect for you both because of you dealing with your experience and knowing the right level of humour to help us with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I now have so much respect for you both because of you dealing with your experience and knowing the right level of humour to help us with it.
    You didn't respect me earlier?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes but not as great as now.