Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs Member Forum

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So we are getting it back?
    It’s an AFL decision, so, not likely.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    It’s an AFL decision, so, not likely.
    So what's impressive about more talk about something that's not likely to happen?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

So what's impressive about more talk about something that's not likely to happen?
    The fact that it wasn't a long winded sugar coated response like most of the other answers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    The fact that it wasn't a long winded sugar coated response like most of the other questions which most seemed to be leading questions anyway.
    Has the motivation for holding the event become clear? (Not a criticism of the club, but not sure yet why we've done it)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve just finished watching the livestream. So did we get a lot out of it?

Peter was spot on about Good Friday!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Has the motivation for holding the event become clear? (Not a criticism of the club, but not sure yet why we've done it)
    I think it's a good idea but I'd like a few harder questions put forward focusing on our on field issues. I did miss the start of it so not sure what was asked earlier but it was mainly off field stuff and AFLW to finish it off from what I saw

Post Thanks / Like

The fact he slammed the AFL for taking it off us after a great first up game, giving it to bigger clubs and not helping grow the league. The fact he could have simply given up and took it, but clearly did what he could to fight the system.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did we think of the response again to the question on the crowd behaviour. Gordo more with the AFL on that but not with Good Friday.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

The fact he slammed the AFL for taking it off us after a great first up game, giving it to bigger clubs and not helping grow the league. The fact he could have simply given up and took it, but clearly did what he could to fight the system.
    He told the Herald Sun that about 6 weeks ago in a blistering tirade fwiw. That's nothing new to be fair.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    What did we think of the response again to the question on the crowd behaviour. Gordo more with the AFL on that but not with Good Friday.
    I disagreed with him that it is simply commonsense, and a non issue.

Post Thanks / Like

He told the Herald Sun that about 6 weeks ago in a blistering tirade fwiw. That's nothing new to be fair.
    Fair enough, I for one was glad to hear him say it.

Post Thanks / Like

I disagreed with him that it is simply commonsense, and a non issue.
    I can understand both sides of the argument.

It is very difficult to stop people from saying certain things at the footy. I think when you go to the footy you have to be prepared for that and realise it is all part of supporting our team and the passion we have. It is an outlet for us. We can’t be policing people for just simply saying words it’s a slippery slope and the crowds just police themselves.

I totally agree that we need to stamp out behaviour that becomes physical like some of the fights that have occurred recently that affect everyone at the footy. No place for that stuff. By and large AFL crowds are pretty good.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 25-06-2019 at 09:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

He's been banging on about it once a week on Jon Faine's radio show too.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

PG's non-blockbuster tirade was entertaining and heartfelt but hardly likely to persuade AFEL house, rather spoken like a bloke who's all but given up negotiating with them.

Thought PG spoke quite strongly too about our aims for more indigenous involvement at the club.

More generally it felt like a fairly soft platform for us to spruik about bigger picture off-field endeavours. It was hardly going to be The Inquisition.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He's been banging on about it once a week on Jon Faine's radio show too.
    Maybe he wanted a new media platform for the airing of grievances? He's welcome to start a thread on here I'm sure. He's right, but if we are truly broken up with that concept, then let's move on and talk about things that are going to make us happy. Like future premierships, marvel themed jumpers or Gil's $3 pie days. Maybe just the future premierships actually.