Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  78
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Port Adelaide R15 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Is now the time to point out he was only draft eligible by two weeks?

I wouldn't swap him for Sam Walsh. Seriously, I wouldnt
    Smith is an inside mid , Walsh is an out outside deliverer. Since McCartney became our coach we have always gone the inside mid which sometimes has been detrimental to our needs.
    What did we think of Hunter tonight ? I thought he was a little down and doesn’t seem a wet weather player, which surprises me.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I like the fact we lost the inside 50's and still won its usually the other way round. It was noticeable that our defenders didn't get so high up the park which is a significant change for us, and once we did get it forward there was space to move. I'm not sure it was by design but I wonder it we can learn a few things from it. I'm really keen for us to not press so hard I think it is the big reason why we struggle to get decent looks at it while it gives the opposition too much freedom on the turnover.

I'm still not convinced of Dickson,Lloyd,Suckling and Richards in the same forward line, they really struggle to win 50/50 ball. Easton Wood continues to refuse to mark the ball he is still a massive worry.
    Wouldn’t be critical of Wood tonight it was wet, punching is always the instruction when in doubt.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Smith is an inside mid , Walsh is an out outside deliverer. Since McCartney became our coach we have always gone the inside mid which sometimes has been detrimental to our needs.
    What did we think of Hunter tonight ? I thought he was a little down and doesn’t seem a wet weather player, which surprises me.
    Who was Hunter's opponent(s)? Hunter wasn't influential stat wise, but tellingly he didn't frustrate with dinky kicks that hurt. It felt like he played a more tighter, accountable gane tonight.

4. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Go the B****y Bulldogs. Any parent who doesn't give their kids the next two weeks school off is a bum!

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping for a big Bulldog turnout next week at Marvel. A home game and we have some confidence after tonights win but obviously weary of the opposition who sit top of the ladder right now.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

7. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It feels like forever since I've loved a game like tonight.
    I'm a WW1 nuffie, so please forgive me the indulgence.
    A game where we've just stepped out of the trench, and in abhorrent conditions, weathered terrible conditions, self doubt about personnel and previous battles that have not gone our way.
    We've been self doubting, found wanting, and tonight were situated in awful terrain, against a red hot opposition that was supreme in confidence.
    We not only held the line, we shook their foundations tonight. We had blokes tonight find a level that previously they thought were beyond them.
    This was our Villers-Bretoneux.
    22 blokes tonight learned that Roarke Smith, Josh Schache, Josh Dunkley, Jack Macrae are blokes who will lay it on the line for the team. They already knew Bont would single-handedly take an enemy stronghold on by himself. They also learned many other new troops would not only follow his lead, but would also lay it all on the line to achieve the breakthorough.
    The team, I suspect, learned tonight what is required to win, much like in 2015 against Sydney.
    Lest we forget.

Please, know I mean ZERO disrespect to those who laid down their life in WW1. My family's loss in WW1 weighs heavily on me
    Clearly the analogy is not the same, but the reference is but a nod in deference, not in mock.

Post Thanks / Like

Can the media please take notice of The Bont's performance tonight, and please adjust their love for Cripps?
    Cripps is a top tier talent, no doubt, but the press fawn over him, to the discounting of Marcus' output.

10. Likes N/A, merantau, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Can the media please take notice of The Bont's performance tonight, and please adjust their love for Cripps?
    Cripps is a top tier talent, no doubt, but the press fawn over him, to the discounting of Marcus' output.
    Tonight

27 disposals, 18 contested, 10 tackles, 9 clearances, 7 I50

Last Week

30 disposals, 17 contested possessions, 10 clearances, 7 tackles, 6 rebound 50s & 8 score involvements.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Wow, not sure where that came from but I'm glad it did.

Just checked the stats. Bailey Smith laid 14 tackles. 14. He's only played 14 *!*!*!*!ing games and he's laying 14 *!*!*!*!ing tackles.
    Rising star nomination , I will spew if he doesn’t
    its one game , great team 4 quart effort , get it going all together for another please !

14. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Rising star nomination , I will spew if he doesn’t
    its one game , great team 4 quart effort , get it going all together for another please !
    Already been nominated in round 9

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely cracking performance from the team tonight. If we bring effort like that for four quarters each week we will win more often than we lose, and kicking straight really really helps my football enjoyment!

It was nice to see another team repeatedly enter forward fifty and either kick points or lack that ability to execute a score through getting frustrated with the ball. It's usually us, and I'm so glad it wasn't this week.

Looking at the stats it was only an eight free kick differential in the end. From the coverage it didn't look like they missed any for Port, that last holding the ball against Bontempelli was out of control.

Anyway, we won and won well. I hope this inspires the team to bring consistent effort to the table for the remainder of the season, when we bring that and click we look great and are a joy to watch.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree w this, so much is now being put into comparing players from draft years, and asking them about it in media sessions.

Cripps is a more consistent player, Bont is a more skilful and classy player.

Both elite. Both on par.

Post Thanks / Like

Bont will have a longer prosperous career, as he hasn’t spent every second getting smashed in the middle .
    Let’s be honest the navy blue rabble have only been able to hang their pathetic collective hats on comparing both
    Bont’s ball handling was so much like Douggie it was frightening

19. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree w this, so much is now being put into comparing players from draft years, and asking them about it in media sessions.

Both elite. Both on par.

21. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post

Both elite. Both on par.
    Although they both play in the midfield they are different styles , Cripps is the hard nut ,Bont is like Pendlebury ,the world goes into slow motion and they just wander out weaving and pinpoint players with class.
    Bring back the biff