Post Thanks / Like

WB Game Day V Port Adelaide R15 2019

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-25...stern-bulldogs

Match preview: Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs
    Lee Gaskin
    Jun 25, 2019 6:00AM

Where and when: Adelaide Oval, Saturday June 29, 7.10pm ACST

TV, radio and online: Click here for broadcast guide

What it means for Port Adelaide: Fresh off a brilliant upset of ladder leader Geelong, the Power have the opportunity to consolidate their spot in the top eight in a game they are expected to win.

What it means for Western Bulldogs: Finals are all but out of reach for the 15th-placed Bulldogs, but they showed enough in their plucky nine-point loss to Collingwood last Sunday to suggest they can trouble the best sides on their day.

The stat: Adelaide Oval has been an unhappy hunting ground for the Bulldogs, with just one win from their six visits to the ground. The Bulldogs' only victory was against the Power in round 12, 2016.

The match-up: Robbie Gray v Marcus Bontempelli

Two absolute stars of the competition face off in the midfield. Gray is the best midfielder/forward at the Power and 29th overall in the Official AFL Player Ratings, while Bontempelli is the No.1-ranked player at the Bulldogs and 10th overall.

It's a big week for: Tim English

After having his hands full with All Australian ruckman Brodie Grundy last week, 21-year-old English faces another huge challenge against Port's Scott Lycett. Lycett was best on ground in the Power's win against Geelong and will be looking to dominate around the ground again.

Big call: Power spearhead Charlie Dixon boots five goals in his second game back from missing 10 months with a broken leg.

Prediction: Power by 20 points

The views in this article are those of the author and not necessarily those of the AFL or its clubs
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Port Adelaide R15 2019

Dogs by 5 points

First Goal: Josh Schache to get our first

Best On Ground: Caleb Daniel to tear it up

Go the mighty Dogs!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I spat my Milo out glancing at our fearsome starting on-ball unit the last time we played them.

Good times.

Despite the fact we're dead set allergic to this ground I feel like we're still capable of knocking this mob over at the minute.

I just don't think we will.

Power by 31
    First major : Richards
    BOG : Macrae

Dixon will be licking his lips but I'm just as worried about Rozee making us look a bit silly down back.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

4. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/new...h-dogs-v-power

Four things to watch: Dogs v Power
    Jun 28, 2019 2:33PM

The midfield battle: Boak v Bont

With both players spending time in the midfield this year, this match up looms as the key contest of Saturday’s clash.
    If there’s anyone who can hinder Boak’s influence in the contest, it’s The Bont.
    Boak has enjoyed an impressive season for the Power, averaging 32.1 disposals at 65% efficiency over his thirteen appearances, while Bontempelli has once again proved his worth within the midfield, averaging 27.2 disposals at 69% efficiency in 2019.

Who stops Charlie Dixon?

With the likes of Charlie Dixon and emerging star Connor Rozee in the Power’s forward line, the Dogs’ defensive pressure will be a key focus this weekend.
    The last time they met, Jackson Trengove spent a majority of the game in the ruck, where he collected an outstanding 22 disposals, 10 clearances, five tackles and two goals.
    Moving into the backline this weekend to face his old side, Trengove could be the man for the job against Dixon, who booted five majors in the Power’s 44-point victory at Mars Stadium in Round 19, 2018.

Lycett’s influence

It’s been a big season for developing ruckman Tim English, who has faced some of the competition’s toughest opponents in recent weeks. The 21-year-old will be confronted with another challenge at Adelaide Oval this Saturday, facing Port’s Scott Lycett.
    Coming off the back of a dominant performance against Geelong in Round 14, Lycett’s influence is undeniable, which could provide a huge learning curve for the developing Bulldog.
    English seems to get better with each game he plays, and now he has another chance to put himself to the test against one of the competition’s greats.

The interstate factor

It’s no secret that the Bulldogs have struggled interstate in recent years, with Adelaide Oval proving a hard task for the Dogs. With just one win from six matches at the ground, the team will be looking to turn their luck this Saturday night and grant their first interstate victory since 2017.
    With big-man Trengove in the backline and Aaron Naughton’s influence up-forward for the first time against the Power, the Dogs will be looking to break the curse this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Any SA Woofers going tonight? Marcov, TAC and T&T from on here.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 29-06-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Any SA Woofers going tonight? Marcov and TAC from on here.
    Yeah mate, I will be there. I am up front in the Eastern stand but have a mate with spare seats in the Western stand so might split my time. Would have been keen to catch up, but will be likely getting to the game with little time before the bounce.

8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Yeah mate, I will be there. I am up front in the Eastern stand but have a mate with spare seats in the Western stand so might split my time. Would have been keen to catch up, but will be likely getting to the game with little time before the bounce.
    Hopefully we have a good night.

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 9

First Goal Naughton
    BOG: Dunks
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 22 - I just have a feeling about this one.
    First goal - Bailey Smith
    BOG - The Bont to get back into Brownlow conversation!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Doggies by 11 points

First Goal: Lloydy

BOG: The Bont to have a big game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    make sure you wave

14. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

us by 7

Le Shaq to get the opener and the closer

Dunks bog

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 1 point
    Dickson 1st goal
    Macrae BOG

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Doggies by 17 points
    BOG Dunkley
    1st Goal Macrae
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Wood is pumped. This is the best lve seen him in years.

Look out this might be his night.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.