Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  220
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Geelong R16 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    We've been in our current level 2 seats since 2001. The last 2 seasons, some of the people around us have really started grating on me with the negativity and player bagging week in week out. The seating location is great, but we contacted the club last week asking to be moved next year if there is an opportunity in an equally good bay.

Plenty in our bay booing Dahlhaus last night. People leave their brains at the front gate, i'm sure of it,
    What aisle are you in? I am in aisle 31 level 2 and it has been very good over the years with no issues. Last night I sat with my cousin in aisle 43 level 2, and again it was pretty quiet.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Yep, you nailed it. And Taxpayer Funded Stadium has exorbitant seat prices, plus a fortress atmosphere where they get far more than their fair share of frees. No wonder Ablett and Selwood were incredulous that they actually got pinged for holding the ball.

Here’s to another straight sets exit, accompanied by Chris Scott theatrics in the box.
    And hopefully a nice fat contract extension that ties him to Geelong like a cancerous tumor.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    And hopefully a nice fat contract extension that ties him to Geelong like a cancerous tumor.
    No Love for Scott? I think he is a pretty good coach. He started his conference with "We were beaten by a better side", which I respect. Not like most coaches who will bemoan their own performance first. I also like the way he disagrees with journalists without getting super shitty at them like Lyon, will also concede that their point of view may have some validity. In other words he seems reasonable.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

4. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    No Love for Scott? I think he is a pretty good coach. He started his conference with "We were beaten by a better side", which I respect. Not like most coaches who will bemoan their own performance first. I also like the way he disagrees with journalists without getting super shitty at them like Lyon, will also concede that their point of view may have some validity. In other words he seems reasonable.
    No love at all. He's a massive turd from what I can see. Lucky to arrive at Geelong at the right time and took the credit for a premiership that was largely set up by Thompson.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

6. Likes Sedat, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Just watched the last quarter again, and as I've said previously this season there isn't a team in the competition that plays like us when we're OK, and there isn't a team that can claim to have it over us if we play well.

We're genuinely unique and hide the clear deficiencies we have in our structure when everyone sticks to their knitting. However, given our team balance or structure, age and experience we'll have our lapses and I think a lot of supporters need to understand that. We could have put another solid performance in tonight and lost against the top team and many around here would have gone completely ballistic and into meltdown. But, the difference between doing that and what we did tonight is really small, so next time it goes the other way some perspective might be required to keep this place a little more enjoyable.

Our defence tonight was excellent, it looked like we gave a few more free touches away between 65-100 metres away from goal in order to save some within 30. This actually helped us apply some pressure on the Cats when they got close to goal, which was a good thing.

Our midfield will be the best in the competition when at full complement, if it's not already. We're in this, we can beat anyone.
    It is analysis like this and azabob’s analysis on Lloyd that makes me enjoy WOOF. I kinda feel like my footy IQ increases when I read these type of posts. A nice counter to the inevitable loss of grey cells that comes with being a mature ager...Keep it up Woofers.

8. Thanks jeemak, azabob thanked for this post
    Likes dadsgirl16, merantau, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    It is analysis like this and azabob’s analysis on Lloyd that makes me enjoy WOOF. I kinda feel like my footy IQ increases when I read these type of posts. A nice counter to the inevitable loss of grey cells that comes with being a mature ager...Keep it up Woofers.
    Don't underestimate the perspectives and contributions you bring to the table on this forum josie.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Naughton with the consistency of a 25 year old will be a seriously scary prospect.

He owned the F50 last night, was prowling for a space to jump into. He also wins one on ones and his recovery from the contest led him to win a ground ball and dribble it through on the left. Could he become our best player? As good as the Bont is, it might be possible.

Bailey Smith, at age 18, is seriously tough in the contest too. Saw him stand up under hard tackles and keep his feet. Unbelievable for a kid off half a pre-season.
    There is a podcast called "hardball gets" which is hosted by Xavier Ellis and a couple of other WA guys (so a decent bias towards te WA teams but a refreshing lack of infatuation with the "big" clubs), and generally has a good vibe of casual footy chat.

Anyway they had one podcast where they had to name who they thought would be the best 5 players in the league in 5 years. They each could name 5, Bont was named by both, Naughton maybe both (if not was very close), English was named by one of them and Bailey Smith was on the fringes. Just made me consider just how good the potential top end talent on our list is when maybe one other club got 2 players mentioned and the rest one or none.

Funnily enough though, it's also made me reflect on my thoughts when we were linked with each before drafting them. Bont to me sounded like someone who was going to always be all hype and never truly deliver, Naughton was a key defender (something we could get cheap) with a horrible kicking action, English was a ruck which I have a rule against drafting in the first 50 picks, and Smith is a big bodied early maturer who takes footy too seriously. Man am I glad the club didn't seek my input before those drafts.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

11. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    There is a podcast called "hardball gets" which is hosted by Xavier Ellis and a couple of other WA guys (so a decent bias towards te WA teams but a refreshing lack of infatuation with the "big" clubs), and generally has a good vibe of casual footy chat.

Anyway they had one podcast where they had to name who they thought would be the best 5 players in the league in 5 years. They each could name 5, Bont was named by both, Naughton maybe both (if not was very close), English was named by one of them and Bailey Smith was on the fringes. Just made me consider just how good the potential top end talent on our list is when maybe one other club got 2 players mentioned and the rest one or none.

Funnily enough though, it's also made me reflect on my thoughts when we were linked with each before drafting them. Bont to me sounded like someone who was going to always be all hype and never truly deliver, Naughton was a key defender (something we could get cheap) with a horrible kicking action, English was a ruck which I have a rule against drafting in the first 50 picks, and Smith is a big bodied early maturer who takes footy too seriously. Man am I glad the club didn't seek my input before those drafts.
    Not to forget Macrae is rated top 5 best midfielders in the comp too. Thanks for the tip about the radio show.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I had similar thoughts to you, so you are not alone.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Missed this game thanks to a dinner outing, and was inwardly relieved in truth. Stuff having another night ruined by those insufferable pricks.

Even managed to maintain some social decorum and resist checking the phone. I knew what it'd look like anyway. Nah, don't bother ... until the table next to us dragged out theirs and started streaming the last ten minutes once we'd hit the front, and then of course half the restaurant was on board til the final siren, including the owner of the joint, bless him, despite being a Tigers man.

Dessert got skipped in the hubbub, but also because all I wanted to do was get home and watch the replay in full. So I've returned for a big helping of humble pie. I said they'd flog us, again. Idiot.

Reckon I fell proper in love with Bailey Smith after this one. What a weapon. The lad's going to stand up and deliver in some big moments before he hangs them up, you can see it coursing out of every pore.

It's been a handy month of footy. And there's a chance to parlay that into the next. We can beat anyone. It's true.

Let's find out if we're content with that knowledge. Or whether we won't be satisfied with anything less than the deed.

Up yours Handbaggers. Your bleating when you're not blessed with the home-town umpiring you're accustomed to was the cherry on a very sweet cake.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

15. Likes jeemak, Eastdog, Dancin' Douggy, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this club!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

17. Likes merantau, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I never worry about any forums when I can watch the game, but going back reading everyone's live thoughts afterwards is a great pleasure after a win.

We are capable of beating anyone in the comp as the last 2 weeks have demonstrated.

I have been critical of a few things from Bevo and the match committee throughout the season, but they do seem to have arrived a good point.

The challenge is to maintain the intensity and convert the opportunity.

We can win EVERY week, but we need to win probably 6 of 7 to make finals.

With Libba, Wallis and Morris coming back we SHOULD make finals.

GO DOGS!!!
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

19. Likes azabob, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

COACHES VOTES:

WESTERN BULLDOGS v GEELONG
    10 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
    6 Jack Macrae (WB)
    6 Lachie Hunter (WB)
    6 Aaron Naughton (WB)
    1 Patrick Dangerfield (GEEL)
    1 Zach Tuohy (GEEL)

Marcus Bontempelli’s exceptional season has continued, with the star midfielder jumping to second in the AFLCA Champion Player of the Year award.

The 23-year-old collected 10 votes from the coaches for his performance in Saturday night’s win against the ladder-leading Geelong Cats.

It was his third perfect 10-vote haul in 2019.

Bontempelli now has 70 votes for the season, and sits eight behind Geelong’s Tim Kelly.

Three more Bulldogs were among the votes in the win against the Cats.

Midfielders Jack Macrae and Lachie Hunter, plus key forward Aaron Naughton, all received six votes.

Macrae (34 disposals) and Hunter (32 disposals) both found plenty of the footy, while Naughton’s four goals were crucial in a low-scoring game.

Geelong duo Patrick Dangerfield and Zach Tuohy received one vote each.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...-does-it-again

21. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He’s no Patrick Cripps though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog4life View Post
    coaches votes:

Western bulldogs v geelong
    10 marcus bontempelli (wb)
    6 jack macrae (wb)
    6 lachie hunter (wb)
    6 aaron naughton (wb)
    1 patrick dangerfield (geel)
    1 zach tuohy (geel)

marcus bontempelli’s exceptional season has continued, with the star midfielder jumping to second in the aflca champion player of the year award.

The 23-year-old collected 10 votes from the coaches for his performance in saturday night’s win against the ladder-leading geelong cats.

It was his third perfect 10-vote haul in 2019.

Bontempelli now has 70 votes for the season, and sits eight behind geelong’s tim kelly.

Three more bulldogs were among the votes in the win against the cats.

Midfielders jack macrae and lachie hunter, plus key forward aaron naughton, all received six votes.

Macrae (34 disposals) and hunter (32 disposals) both found plenty of the footy, while naughton’s four goals were crucial in a low-scoring game.

Geelong duo patrick dangerfield and zach tuohy received one vote each.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...-does-it-again
    bont 10 pelli

24. Likes Grantysghost, Bulldog4life liked this post