Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  220
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Geelong R16 2019

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They must be the only team in the AFL that get to train and play on their own ground. They don't miss at Kardinia Park, but last night under pressure, they did miss plenty of easy shots.
    Its no wonder they are pushing the home final agenda.
    Would opposition supporters get a look in if they got it.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Its no wonder they are pushing the home final agenda.
    Would opposition supporters get a look in if they got it.
    Not a Vic team no.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

They must be the only team in the AFL that get to train and play on their own ground. They don't miss at Kardinia Park, but last night under pressure, they did miss plenty of easy shots.
    It is a source of great annoyance for me that their pissy little regional toy ground has been propped up to the tune of $300m by the taxpayer, and for the benefit almost 100% of the Geelong footy club and nobody else (1-2 crappy Big Bash games aside). And we have all footed the bill simply because Corangamite happens to be one of the most marginal electorates in ths country - the ground should be re-named Pork Barrell Park.

What amuses me greatly is how these pricks incessantly whine and bleat aboug playing finals at the MCG, which is their other home ground anyway (when it suits them financially of course). This issue is well and truly in their heads - I hope they cop Richmond in their first final and get smashed.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The cheer squad area for us was again half full. I don't understand why the Cheer Squad members just aren't attending games. It's great they buy tickets just disappointing they aren't there to cheer us on.
    My bay of reserved seating on level 2 had plenty of empty seats, which I didn't mind as plenty of painful supporters who spend all game bagging our players were missing......but still, can't understand why so many aren't turning up at the moment. Geelong certainly brought their fair share of the crowd - for a night game (which generally aren't the best for cats fans, certainly not those actually from Geelong).

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton with the consistency of a 25 year old will be a seriously scary prospect.

He owned the F50 last night, was prowling for a space to jump into. He also wins one on ones and his recovery from the contest led him to win a ground ball and dribble it through on the left. Could he become our best player? As good as the Bont is, it might be possible.

Bailey Smith, at age 18, is seriously tough in the contest too. Saw him stand up under hard tackles and keep his feet. Unbelievable for a kid off half a pre-season.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

6. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    It is a source of great annoyance for me that their pissy little regional toy ground has been propped up to the tune of $300m by the taxpayer, and for the benefit almost 100% of the Geelong footy club and nobody else (1-2 crappy Big Bash games aside). And we have all footed the bill simply because Corangamite happens to be one of the most marginal electorates in ths country - the ground should be re-named Pork Barrell Park.

What amuses me greatly is how these pricks incessantly whine and bleat aboug playing finals at the MCG, which is their other home ground anyway (when it suits them financially of course). This issue is well and truly in their heads - I hope they cop Richmond in their first final and get smashed.
    Yep, you nailed it. And Taxpayer Funded Stadium has exorbitant seat prices, plus a fortress atmosphere where they get far more than their fair share of frees. No wonder Ablett and Selwood were incredulous that they actually got pinged for holding the ball.

Here’s to another straight sets exit, accompanied by Chris Scott theatrics in the box.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

8. Likes Eastdog, Sedat, josie, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Naughton with the consistency of a 25 year old will be a seriously scary prospect.

He owned the F50 last night, was prowling for a space to jump into. He also wins one on ones and his recovery from the contest led him to win a ground ball and dribble it through on the left. Could he become our best player? As good as the Bont is, it might be possible.

Bailey Smith, at age 18, is seriously tough in the contest too. Saw him stand up under hard tackles and keep his feet. Unbelievable for a kid off half a pre-season.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AstroNaught!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

12. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    My bay of reserved seating on level 2 had plenty of empty seats, which I didn't mind as plenty of painful supporters who spend all game bagging our players were missing......but still, can't understand why so many aren't turning up at the moment. Geelong certainly brought their fair share of the crowd - for a night game (which generally aren't the best for cats fans, certainly not those actually from Geelong).
    A mate who sits in aisle 17 level 1 with me normally, was up in level 2 last night. He came down at half time and said there were a lot of dogs supporters up there getting stuck into our players. It came as a bit of a surprise as you don't get that loud negative reaction where we normally sit. ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    AstroNaught!
    AstroNaught providing the JuggaNaught!!

15. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Level 1 Aisle 33 where I sit great atmosphere. The Bulldogs chant very frequent here. Always chant after we kick a goal.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

17. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At 19 years of age!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Had to post this, Bailey Smith has that unteachable smart arse-ness that our players have seemingly lacked for so long. Naughton has it too. Giving it to Selwood, sign him up for life (granted I respect Selwood he's a great leader). Pic : Michael Wilson (twitter : @michaelcwilson)
    Surely this has got to rate as wallpaper/screensaver material?

20. Likes Ghost Dog, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Level 1 Aisle 33 where I sit great atmosphere. The Bulldogs chant very frequent here. Always chant after we kick a goal.
    The only negative i'll say about aisle 17 is that they're a bit quiet when things aren't going too well. I find myself impulsively starting the chant just because i can't stand listening to the opposition supporters 'going off' in the aisle beside us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    A mate who sits in aisle 17 level 1 with me normally, was up in level 2 last night. He came down at half time and said there were a lot of dogs supporters up there getting stuck into our players. It came as a bit of a surprise as you don't get that loud negative reaction where we normally sit. ???
    We've been in our current level 2 seats since 2001. The last 2 seasons, some of the people around us have really started grating on me with the negativity and player bagging week in week out. The seating location is great, but we contacted the club last week asking to be moved next year if there is an opportunity in an equally good bay.

Plenty in our bay booing Dahlhaus last night. People leave their brains at the front gate, i'm sure of it,

23. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post