https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...-in-until-2022

Young ruckman Tim English has pledged his future to the Western Bulldogs.

The 21-year-old, who was contracted until the end of 2020, has re-signed for two more years and will call VU Whitten Oval home until at least the end of 2022.

The West Australian product has played 21 AFL matches since being selected by the Bulldogs with pick 19 in the 2016 NAB AFL Draft.

General Manager of List and Recruiting, Sam Power, said securing English’s signature was important for the Club’s future.

“Tim is one of the most exciting young ruckmen in the competition and we are thrilled to have him recommit to our Club,” Power said.

“Watching his development as a player over the past three years has been really pleasing.

“Naturally, ruckmen take time to develop, but Tim has taken some big steps this year at AFL level. His athleticism and ground-level work is exceptional for a big man, he is a good decision-maker with the ball and he is getting stronger and more able to assert himself in the air.

“We were keen to ensure Tim was part of our future, and he is invested in what we are building which made it a simple process to work through with Tim and his manager, Andrew McDougall.”

English has played 12 matches at AFL level this season as the Bulldogs’ first-choice ruckman.

He is the ninth player to re-sign with the Club in 2019, following the likes of Lachie Hunter, Caleb Daniel, Josh Dunkley, Tom Liberatore, Aaron Naughton and Pat Lipinski.

“I’m very pleased to have signed on for the next couple of years,” English said.

“I’m really enjoying my time here, we’ve got a really good young group at the moment and I’m loving my time in Melbourne.

“Playing to my strengths at the moment is something I focus on, whether that be run and spread, being able to use my length in the ruck, or my athleticism.

“Watching from outside the Club before I got drafted, there was so much talk about the camaraderie and the close, tight-knit group within the Bulldogs. To be a part of that is an amazing feeling, and I’m really happy to be able to do that for the next few years.”