Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  41
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment. 2019, Round 16 vs Geelong

When Bont got the free at centre half forward for being held by Figjam. Figjam turned to the umpire and said "but he held me first". He said it more than once too. Something a kid would say in the playground. A HUGE sooky sooky la la.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    When he marked it I felt he had to get it to give us that confidence going into half time and he got it and we ultimately win it.
    Nailing set shots goals on/after the halftime siren in close games are worth so much more than the six points. I reference you to Toby Maclean in the 2016 Granny. The game was starting to turn in Sydney's favor but we sucked it up and then hit back with that goal as we headed to the sheds with a huge fillip. The game against Essendon in 2000 Brad Johnson kicked a goal just before halftime and they started a punch on just as the siren went but we came out breathing fire in the third quarter and won the game and the fight so *!*!*!*! you Essendon.

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Selwood must have been chirping through the game to prompt a reaction like that.
    Seklwood has chirped his whole career. If I was a junior sitting my draft interviews and a club want5ed to know what my ambition in football was, Id tell them "I wanna knock Joel *!*!*!*!ing Selwood's head off his *!*!*!*!ing shoulders"

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I loved it too. Although he did look like he got a glance of the fist to the ball. Nice to see the defender rewarded. They teach you in Auskick to get on with the game and not complain to the umpire a lot.
    I have never once seen an umpire say "You know what, you're right and I am wrong. I am reversing the free kick. In fact due to me mucking you around why not have a 50 metre penalty as well"

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Watch his left hand, it is not on the ball when he fists it.
    He was playing volleyball and everyone else was playing footy. Wrong game, sport!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

4. Likes bornadog, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    When Easton got back to help Trengove. Hawkins had out positioned Trengove & would have taken the mark but Woodie came flying through the air & punched it over the line for a boundary throw in. It was vintage Easton & not something we've seen too much of in the last few years.
    Love this example.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Love this example.
    Yeah that was great. Easton did some very good things.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

The moment for me was when Bazlenka snapped that goal. Well that was until Trengove gifted Hawkins a goal to put us just 10 points up. Memories of last year came rushing back but I thought they'll go one better and win this time. It wasn't until Lloyd marked inside 50 that I knew we were actually home.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    The moment for me was when Bazlenka snapped that goal. Well that was until Trengove gifted Hawkins a goal to put us just 10 points up. Memories of last year came rushing back but I thought they'll go one better and win this time. It wasn't until Lloyd marked inside 50 that I knew we were actually home.
    Great run from JJ to get the ball to Lloyd
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The flair of Maclean was a revelation to me in demonstrating his undoubted ability after what had been an ordinary year by his standards

10. Likes N/A liked this post