Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does Anyone think Naughton should be playing Fullback?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    At the time if Hamling stayed, and with Adams already on the books, maybe we would have gone another player. But do we stick with best available, especially for a first rounder? I think we would still have gone Naughton.
    I'm just very happy that St Kilda opted for Hunter Clark and Nick Coffield with the 2 picks immediately before Naughton. There has been plenty of talk about them choosing Billings over Bont, but early days this one is looking worse.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think playing in the backline is much easier than the forward line. You look at players like Darcy Moore, similar attributes to Naughton, ie very athletic, tall and mobile. He basically failed as a forward but is relishing his role at FB. On the other hand, Naughton can play both ends of the ground, however, I do prefer him forward, as this is a difficult role to play and one that we are screaming out for.

Hopefully he continues to develop and build the role to make it his own.
    The value of playing Naughton forward is to provide some quality in a forward line that has been poor for the past 3 years. Schache is still a work in progress but having Naughton there will benefit Schache’s progress towards a quality two pronged attack

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I'm just very happy that St Kilda opted for Hunter Clark and Nick Coffield with the 2 picks immediately before Naughton. There has been plenty of talk about them choosing Billings over Bont, but early days this one is looking worse.
    If you haven't seen the highlights of Naughton prior to the draft then have a look. It is astounding how he wasn't picked up sooner. St Kilda recruiters surely still can't have a job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    If you haven't seen the highlights of Naughton prior to the draft then have a look. It is astounding how he wasn't picked up sooner. St Kilda recruiters surely still can't have a job.
    I read an article just before the 2017 draft that said he’d be a top 2 pick if it wasn’t for his kicking. Still some room for development but seems to be getting better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    The value of playing Naughton forward is to provide some quality in a forward line that has been poor for the past 3 years. Schache is still a work in progress but having Naughton there will benefit Schache’s progress towards a quality two pronged attack
    Agree with this. He seems to have better games when schache is there and when our midfield clicks. I’ve watched him at games over the few weeks leading to the bye and he is clearly still learning to read the play and his running patterns playing forward.

That can be learned so adding his natural ability with a learned forward craft will one day be deadly.