Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Luke Beveridge treated 2016 Premiership side may end up being his greatest move of all

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Glorious isn't it. I would love another one in the next three years just to make sure we are truly hated.

It's what happens when you start winning premierships. I for one will never tire of opposition supporters saying we fluked that flag rather than saying 'yeah poor Bulldogs, you know they're my second team... '
    Oh I couldn't nod in agreement anymore, in fact my head nearly fell off.

I'm forever saying recently the pies have a massive runners up hangover this season.... Worst runners up I've ever seen. Fluked being second actually.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Luke Beveridge treated 2016 Premiership side may end up being his greatest move of all

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Has he written this article purely because our age and games of experience are nearly identical to that of the Premiership side...and we just won a game?

It's an odd piece of writing.
    I saw it as an explanation on what happened in the last two years, with the loss of so many players but somehow Bevo has managed to put together a talented group of a similar age group to the premiership year and ready for another assault.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Oh I couldn't nod in agreement anymore, in fact my head nearly fell off.

I'm forever saying recently the pies have a massive runners up hangover this season.... Worst runners up I've ever seen. Fluked being second actually.
    Collingwood were extremely lucky to come up against a Richmond side in the prelim that had largely been drinking it's own bathwater for an entire year after winning almost the easiest premiership certainly in my time watching the game. Richmond had three soft kills in the finals on the way to the 2017 premiership and then promptly thought that they were the greatest team of all time.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite