Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  112
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB FightBack30 V Melbourne R17 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Not sure. I don't feel that confident to be honest. Made extremely hard work of it.
    A lot of players on decent salaries are underperforming IMHO.
    JJ, Suckling, Shaq ( presented well, but even at the end, should be icing goals like that. I did like his attack on the ball ).
    But the younger players are certainly getting reward for effort. R Smith had a good game, Dunks, Smith, Lipinski.

If anything I am really happy, as Melbourne are a boogey side for us and it's the sharp end of the season.
    Really?.. both were terrible. Roarke kicked a couple of nice goals, but did f-all else.

Lipinski had a stinker.

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone answer this - how many getable set shots did we miss? And getable snaps? Especially in the first half and the 3rd quarter.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Really?.. both were terrible. Roarke kicked a couple of nice goals, but did f-all else.

Lipinski had a stinker.
    On Roarke, When I mean good game, I mean much improved by his standards. Would certainly not call his involvement besides the goals 'f-all else'.
    Lipinski I may be at times getting confused with Richards I think. But hey, I was drinking.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

4. Likes Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Go Dogs! Just happy to get the win. We could have won by more had we kicked straighter but we are still in with a chance for finals.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

You know what, the way we played and the result we achieved does take me back 30 years ago. We didn't always play nice and pretty football but we often found a way to etch out a nail biting win.

Outside of the injury concerns to a few players today it's was a gutsy win that has me as proud as ever for our club.

I can't been too critical of anyone given what we achieved today and I'm looking forward to our battle against the Saints next week
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    On Roarke, When I mean good game, I mean much improved by his standards. Would certainly not call his involvement besides the goals 'f-all else'.
    Lipinski I may be at times getting confused with Richards I think. But hey, I was drinking.
    Roarke had 7 touches across a full game playing wing/HF.. that's not good enough.

Lipinski missed tackles and wasn't clean by hand or foot, not his best game.. Ed was quiet too.

Post Thanks / Like

Roarke had 7 touches across a full game playing wing/HF.. that's not good enough.

Lipinski missed tackles and wasn't clean by hand or foot, not his best game.. Ed was quiet too.
    A number of players were down today and will need to lift in the next few weeks. Our better players were just so dominant and carried us to the win
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

The kid has had two knee reco's and a tough road. He got 2 goals. Good on him. It may not be good enough for you, but it's better than last week.
    You've said what you think. I get it.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

10. Likes josie, Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Our strength today was our team defensive set up, we did not let them off the leash. Our offensive side was down missing goals but Schache kept presenting and contesting. Watching Bont today was like watching Greg Chappell in his off year although his defensuve efforts in the 4th were great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You know what, the way we played and the result we achieved does take me back 30 years ago. We didn't always play nice and pretty football but we often found a way to etch out a nail biting win.
    Yeah I agree - and I'm a bit baffled by this thread...I thought we played great. Got smashed in the ruck and in the clearances, were one down for most of the game and missed Bont as well for the 2nd quarter...and 3 of Melbourne's goals were to 50-50 decisions right in front of goal. No - I'm not blaming umpiring but those decisions *COULD* have gone either way and really hurt us.

I am reading and understanding the criticism of Smith (Roarke version) and Dickson I guess...but both have played the last two weeks and we have WON BOTH GAMES.

I think sometimes we all forget that teams are greater than the sum of the parts and instead focus heavily on individuals. We WON. Without Smith (in particular), we wouldn't have as those 2-goals were CRUCIAL to the outcome. I don't want to engage in what Ross Lyon would call 'finger-nail deep analysis' but that was a really good performance today against a team strongest where we are weakest (ruck and key defenders) and constructed around an inside ball-winning midfield (Viney et al) that really is the only combination in the league strong enough to consistently beat our group (Macrae, Bont, Dunk) in a contested ball battle...PLUS, they tagged JJ and settled him RIGHT down so we lost our one proven run and carry player behind the ball...and we STILL WON.

Great game of footy and really well done to the players.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

On Roarke Smith he may not have got a hell of a lot of the ball but without his two goals we don’t win the game. His first goal was an absolute cracker and didn’t look like missing.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

14. Likes Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Yeah I agree - and I'm a bit baffled by this thread...I thought we played great. Got smashed in the ruck and in the clearances, were one down for most of the game and missed Bont as well for the 2nd quarter...and 3 of Melbourne's goals were to 50-50 decisions right in front of goal. No - I'm not blaming umpiring but those decisions *COULD* have gone either way and really hurt us.

I am reading and understanding the criticism of Smith (Roarke version) and Dickson I guess...but both have played the last two weeks and we have WON BOTH GAMES.

I think sometimes we all forget that teams are greater than the sum of the parts and instead focus heavily on individuals. We WON. Without Smith (in particular), we wouldn't have as those 2-goals were CRUCIAL to the outcome. I don't want to engage in what Ross Lyon would call 'finger-nail deep analysis' but that was a really good performance today against a team strongest where we are weakest (ruck and key defenders) and constructed around an inside ball-winning midfield (Viney et al) that really is the only combination in the league strong enough to consistently beat our group (Macrae, Bont, Dunk) in a contested ball battle...PLUS, they tagged JJ and settled him RIGHT down so we lost our one proven run and carry player behind the ball...and we STILL WON.

Great game of footy and really well done to the players.
    Yep I agree. I read a lot on this thread about effort and all the rest but I thought that today was about the effort we need to bring to our next few games and if we bring that for the rest of the season we win every game. I don't understand the doom and gloom.

Outside of the injury concerns to a few players today it's was a gutsy win that has me as proud as ever for our club.

I can't been too critical of anyone given what we achieved today and I'm looking forward to our battle against the Saints next week
    Actually 30 years ago we were on our uppers and couldn't get a win to save ourselves-literally! 1989 was a shit of a year (wooden spoon, coach and players leaving) that was saved by one divine off-field moment. But I see what you mean.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

16. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is also how we won most games in the H&A season in 2016. Sometimes you just have to get the job done and today we did that...just

Post Thanks / Like

Just was wondering if we can still buy those fightback jumpers from the Bulldog shop online.

I just got my ticket for the game for next Sunday at Marvel.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    On Roarke Smith he may not have got a hell of a lot of the ball but without his two goals we don’t win the game. His first goal was an absolute cracker and didn’t look like missing.
    Also made important tackles in key moments.
    Bring back the biff