Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you have learned-round 17 v Melbourne 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    If we got Harris Andrews from Brisbane - I'd be very confident about 2020!
    Not sure he’s going to walk out of there based on their current rate of improvement but we definitely need key defender depth and small forwards who can provide pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Not sure he’s going to walk out of there based on their current rate of improvement but we definitely need key defender depth and small forwards who can provide pressure.
    Yep, don't at all think we can get Andrews. But he'd be the first player I'd go for if we had our pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, don't at all think we can get Andrews. But he'd be the first player I'd go for if we had our pick.
    We were nice enough to give them Adams. Least they could do is send over Andrews.

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we got Harris Andrews from Brisbane - I'd be very confident about 2020!
    How is this even a thing?

1/ I love the disappointment on opposition supporters faces in a tight lost almost as much as winning = sadist.

2/ Nathan Jones just refuses to release the ball ever and never, ever gets pinged.

3/ Sam Lloyd, Taylor Duryea and Hayden Crozier have been exceptional signings.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    2/ Nathan Jones just refuses to release the ball ever and never, ever gets pinged.
    That was frustrating the hell out of me yesterday. Bont gets pinging with no prior yet every time tough stickers Jones gets it he appears to fall into a comatose state and just stands there or falls to the ground with zero intent or effort to dispose of the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    That was frustrating the hell out of me yesterday. Bont gets pinging with no prior yet every time tough stickers Jones gets it he appears to fall into a comatose state and just stands there or falls to the ground with zero intent or effort to dispose of the ball.
    Jones has got shit tattoos too.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

8. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on. I like Nathan Jones. What a battler. His head is the the shiny hood ornament that always stands out on that misfiring club. About the only thing that resembles blue collar effort at that place.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    We were nice enough to give them Adams. Least they could do is send over Andrews.
    But Adams wanted to go home ........... oh wait
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    1. Our back 6 is really well organised now, for longer parts of the game. Credit to Cordy, Easton and Crozier. Trengrove made a few errors but still played a roll for which we don't quite have a replacement. If they continue to bring that every game, we will be hard to beat each week.
    They have done a great job. We have not kicked more than 10 goals in any of the last 4 games and yet have 3 wins (could have been 4).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    But Adams wanted to go home ........... oh wait
    Adams wanted a fresh start.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Adams wanted a fresh start.
    you do realise I was joking.

Has had a great start with Lions, 10 disposals in two games.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

1. We can win even when we play ordinary and don't convert our chances. Don't like it but it is good to get over the line in those types of games. It is history and a win...next.

2. Dunkley is much much better than i thought. At the start of the year was hoping he would be our most improved. He has blown that out of the water. He is a beast.

3. We have picked up smart footballers in Duryea, Crozier and Lloyd. They are all starting to have some serious impact on the team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    1. We can win even when we play ordinary and don't convert our chances. Don't like it but it is good to get over the line in those types of games. It is history and a win...next.

2. Dunkley is much much better than i thought. At the start of the year was hoping he would be our most improved. He has blown that out of the water. He is a beast.

3. We have picked up smart footballers in Duryea, Crozier and Lloyd. They are all starting to have some serious impact on the team.
    Dunks won the most improved last year....going back to back most improved would be unheard of!! And he was a premiership player at 18!

Post Thanks / Like

Dunks won the most improved last year....going back to back most improved would be unheard of!! And he was a premiership player at 18!
    ok he won't get the club award for most improved but he is still our most improved player this year. He will end up in the top 3 of the B & F.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    ok he won't get the club award for most improved but he is still our most improved player this year. He will end up in the top 3 of the B & F.
    Any brownlow votes?

Pretty good form:

Round and Disposals

18. Likes boydogs liked this post