Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  16
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The moment rnd 17 2019 vs Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I learnt something today (at least I think it's correct). If a ruckman impedes the jump of the other ruckman it is a free against. Explains a lot of freekicks that have otherwise left me baffled in the past if it is correct.
    I don't understand why they are allowed to do this:

I would say Grundy does this every single ruck duel around the ground.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If both rucks engage in body on body then I think it's considered play on, though if one impedes the other's attempt to jump at the ball then it is a free kick against.

The latter includes blocking a path to the ball by taking the other rucks run without intention to contest the ball itself. I think Gawn was roughly done by because he took the path of his ruck opponent but at the same time had eyes for the ball and intent to actually contest it.

Anyway, that's how I thought the ruck rules were adjudicated. I could be well wrong.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley had quite a few moments - and *the* tackle will stand out - but there was a moment in the 3rd where Lipinski pulls one inwards on his left and it put serious heat on Dunks, but he wore the treatment while protecting the ball overhead.

I just thought in the moment that was tough and said to everyone we're playing for keeps. He was immense yesterday.

Agree with the OP - Fritsch missing was huge for our heart rate.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

4. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bailey Smith and Lachie Hunter...both got me out my seat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I read that before he was recruited, Bailey would do all his resistence training and only when he was stuffed would he practise his skills. Good for last quarter when it really counts.
    Love hearing this kids dedication , his elite in his training

When your body is fatigued , then all things done is based on instinct and what is natural . He knows how to hone his skills when his tired and has condience to execute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I read that before he was recruited, Bailey would do all his resistence training and only when he was stuffed would he practise his skills. Good for last quarter when it really counts.
    Does he still do this, or is he not allowed to any more? If he is still doing it, why don't they all do it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    When the cowardly Bailey Fritsch played on to snap rather than take the easy set shot from 20m out straight in front. They really are afraid of success at Melbourne.
    Bont did the same thing earlier in the game.

There were a few moments but Dunkey's tackle, Bont's tackle were up there.

I actually have to add one not yet mentioned - Sam Lloyd's first goal. Very smart to somehow keep the ball live from the wrong side of the goal post then sneak around to put it through.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Bont did the same thing earlier in the game.

There were a few moments but Dunkey's tackle, Bont's tackle were up there.

I actually have to add one not yet mentioned - Sam Lloyd's first goal. Very smart to somehow keep the ball live from the wrong side of the goal post then sneak around to put it through.
    Bont's got a few more credits in the bank than Bailey "dropped for the prelim" Fritsch I would've thought.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -