Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    40,814
    Post Thanks / Like

    Allan Richardson Gone

    What is it with these clubs, as soon as they are about to play us they sack their coach.
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  2. Likes Ghost Dog, bulldogsthru&thru, Dry Rot liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    2,635
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allan Richardson Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What is it with these clubs, as soon as they are about to play us they sack their coach.
    Exactly what I was thinking
    WOOF Member 422

  4. Likes bornadog liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mulligan's Boogie-board
    Posts
    9,170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allan Richardson Gone

    Can't wait for our game against Freo...
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

  6. Likes Ghost Dog, Dry Rot liked this post
  7. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Parkville Medical Precinct
    Posts
    1,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allan Richardson Gone

    I would be very nervous if I was...

    Ross Lyon next week
    John Worsfold in 3 weeks.
    Leon Cameron in 4 weeks.
    Don Pyke in 5 weeks.
    Footscray member since 1980.

  8. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
  9. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,943
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allan Richardson Gone

    The media have been working on getting him sacked all year.

    Think he has been harshly treated. They were actually competitive at Geelong and have won more games this year than I expected them to manage.

    The real issue is their list.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

  10. Likes Ghost Dog, 1eyedog, Max469 liked this post
  11. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    25,976
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allan Richardson Gone

    I've never been one to readily accept the injury excuse because it often hides poor management decisions but gee the Saints have been worked over this year with injuries and I'm not sure the coach was the problem.

    Tough gig isn't it? I agree with Bulldog Joe that the media has played a significant part with his departure.
    I think they've done pretty well all things considered
    Tough times don't last, tough people do
    "He'll accumulate and be involved, but we're looking a qualitative sheen on his game that we need, and it is part of our scope to score"

  12. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    8,810
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allan Richardson Gone

    This is Ratten's second time as caretaker. Hope he gets a tilt at the saints gig.
    "We've got to be good in the phone box, and good in the tardis" - Pearls of wisdom from Luke Beveridge.

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,328
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allan Richardson Gone

    Ohhh well that's just f*rken perfect isn't it.

    And Whately loudly barracking for them to make Bevo their number one target.

    Bevo mostly batted away a question about his contract during the post-match presser on Sunday, saying all the right things but with regard to the ongoing talks with the club finished his reply with a curious "but, yeah the (league-wide coaching) landscape has changed a little bit" as if to suggest it might be a factor, speaking very much like bloke that handles his own negotiations.

    Piss off Saints.
    QUALITATIVE SHEEN

  14. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillside. (carn the sharks)
    Posts
    2,883
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allan Richardson Gone

    Gee that's unusual timing, sacking the coach the same week the play the dogs.

    I totally agree, he was in the sight of the media all year. When there's nothing to talk about they turn on Richo. His win/loss ratio doesn't help though.

    Hands off Bevo you filthy bastards!!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

  15. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Heidelberg
    Posts
    3,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allan Richardson Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Ohhh well that's just f*rken perfect isn't it.

    And Whately loudly barracking for them to make Bevo their number one target.

    Bevo mostly batted away a question about his contract during the post-match presser on Sunday, saying all the right things but with regard to the ongoing talks with the club finished his reply with a curious "but, yeah the (league-wide coaching) landscape has changed a little bit" as if to suggest it might be a factor, speaking very much like bloke that handles his own negotiations.

    Piss off Saints.
    I think it would be pretty hypocritical of Beveridge to bail out on the club before the end of his contract, have heard of him being somewhat critical of players when he has caught wind they are assessing their options.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

  16. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    25,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allan Richardson Gone

    We need Libba back this week. To get in the ears of their best players, and to seek a trade to us.
    I drank the slab that Bon Scott drunk
    I injected some of Hendrixs junk
    I booked a seat on Lynyrd Skynyrds plane
    Mama Cass's sandwich? Ate the same

  17. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allan Richardson Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    The media have been working on getting him sacked all year.

    Think he has been harshly treated. They were actually competitive at Geelong and have won more games this year than I expected them to manage.

    The real issue is their list.
    The media I listen to and read have actually supported him and asked what more could’ve he done?
    The real issue is over six years in charge his record doesn’t cut it.
    They come after one,
    They come after all,
    They can't handle all,
    Lets go....

    Bob Murphy

  18. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allan Richardson Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    We need Libba back this week. To get in the ears of their best players, and to seek a trade to us.

    FYI Tom Liberatore is related to their recruiting manager Chris Liberatore.
    They come after one,
    They come after all,
    They can't handle all,
    Lets go....

    Bob Murphy

  19. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allan Richardson Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I think it would be pretty hypocritical of Beveridge to bail out on the club before the end of his contract, have heard of him being somewhat critical of players when he has caught wind they are assessing their options.
    Agree, but Bevo said his loyalty is with the players first and foremost and then the club.

    I think we all underestimate or don’t actually know what Beveridges motivations are. He is very much an individual compared to other senior coaches.
    They come after one,
    They come after all,
    They can't handle all,
    Lets go....

    Bob Murphy

  20. Likes marcov liked this post
  21. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Western Preston
    Posts
    2,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allan Richardson Gone

    Has anyone ever made a study of the dead coach bounce? What's the psychology behind it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •