Likes Likes:  48
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V St. Kilda R18 2019

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    And Bailey Dale?
    played a good game or are you being a smart Eleck
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    That's not right.
    He's actually had a pretty good season, once he worked his way back from a very long lay off. He's been very solid the last 6 weeks.
    I disagree. He signed a big deal, maybe held us to ransom a tad. In the leadership group. Got a little tough and went to water. Nothing better than when he is up and going but it’s not enough from someone on these contracts and a leader of the club.

He will he much better when Morris comes back.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    I disagree. He signed a big deal, maybe held us to ransom a tad. In the leadership group. Got a little tough and went to water. Nothing better than when he is up and going but it’s not enough from someone on these contracts and a leader of the club.

He will he much better when Morris comes back.
    I'm on the record as being risible with the way he drew out that contract. I still think it took a lot of wind out of our sails, and was a big contributor to bursting the 'all for one one for all vibe the club had following our premiership.
    But you're forgetting he had a massive injury during pre-season. And if you go back and look at the last 6 weeks, he's more than done his job.
    Yes he had a howler tonight. He had a lot of highly credentialled mates tonight.

4. Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wood had his best game for a while but he was no more than serviceable. He has lost confidence in his marking ability, he miss times punches failing to clear the area.
    I am more concerned about Cordy. When was the last time he took an overhead mark? He fumbled badly at ground level today.
    Suckling is inconsistent and was awful today. JJ was ineffective. Duryea was ordinary. Crozier stood out. Caleb Daniel was not able to play his normal role.
    I don't agree with the anger directed at Macrae. He put in all day but was often under extreme pressure. Ditto Bailey Smith.
    Naughton was monstered all day and we did him no favours with our delivery.
    I still have not given up hope of a finals spot. It's not over till it's over.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see the game, relied on WOOF. Interesting to see Wood named in best on AFL despite his absolute caning by a couple here.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm loathe to criticise Baz, there are plenty others ahead of him for potting. He's in his first year.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

8. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Agreed.

You can add JJ to that as well. We need those two players to at least be safe with the football even if they're not playing well, and they just couldn't be early in the game and it really hurt us.
    Totally, and its tone setting too, and ripples through the team.
    Naughton too, if I take my fan boy goggles off for a second.
    His early, lazy miss just added to the Saints momentum in the 1st.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I'm loathe to criticise Baz, there are plenty others ahead of him sure for potting.
    Yep, he made a couple of errors, but I'm not laying this anywhere near his feet. If we're expecting Baz to carry and set the tone for our performance then we're in a lot more trouble than we really are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Totally, and its tone setting too, and ripples through the team.
    Naughton too, if I take my fan boy goggles off for a second.
    His early, lazy miss just added to the Saints momentum in the 1st.
    Agree absolutely. That was an easy shot on goal at a really important stage of the game and he crueled it. That is not what top players do and he needs to address that.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I didn't see the game, relied on WOOF. Interesting to see Wood named in best on AFL despite his absolute caning by a couple here.
    He was fine. He made a couple of mistakes, but he also did a lot right.
    He may have been part of the problem of what has been wrong at times this year, but tonight was not one of them. Its just that perception is hard to change when a night like tonight occurs and its easy to recall from one's memory bank a host of errors committed in another time and place when looking to assign blame. That's cognitive dissonance looming large.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think the coach trying something different with Trengove in the ruck wasn't the worst idea, given Marshall had been effective against English and that we were struggling to take a mark forward.

I'd have started Bont in the middle, but he's probably being managed as he's a bit sore.

Good to see Dale have an impact.
    That’s what I could not understand , your best Ruck and mid is forward and for the first 5 mins we could not win the at all out of the middle

If bont is injured don’t play him

Schache taken off in last quarter really killed our balance and shows how important he is to our structure

Apart from the 3rd quarter we were rubbish today

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Agree absolutely. That was an easy shot on goal at a really important stage of the game and he crueled it. That is not what top players do and he needs to address that.
    One way to rectify is concentrate on the kick and stop looking at the big screen

15. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Wood had 23 disposals and ten marks. Played one of his better games
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Wood had his best game for a while but he was no more than serviceable. He has lost confidence in his marking ability, he miss times punches failing to clear the area.
    I am more concerned about Cordy. When was the last time he took an overhead mark? He fumbled badly at ground level today.
    Suckling is inconsistent and was awful today. JJ was ineffective. Duryea was ordinary. Crozier stood out. Caleb Daniel was not able to play his normal role.
    I don't agree with the anger directed at Macrae. He put in all day but was often under extreme pressure. Ditto Bailey Smith.
    Naughton was monstered all day and we did him no favours with our delivery.
    I still have not given up hope of a finals spot. It's not over till it's over.
    Macrae put in effort, he always does. But that cannot be his only KPI. He was atrocious by foot when it counted tonight. And when someone gets as much of the pill as he does, it's brutal when he shafts us with his execution. He'll be fine, but tonight he was a liability with the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    played a good game or are you being a smart Eleck