When you look at our recruiting over recent years, it seems to me there is a consistent pattern emerging, that shows both in who is being brought to the club, and who is departing.

I've been tuning into to Murph and Anstey's Freedom in a cage podcast for a long while now and they often have current Dog's players appear.
What becomes very clear is how articulate, level headed, confident (not arrogant) and team oriented a large bulk of our list is.
Tim English, Bont, Naughton, Daniel, Richards, Mclean spring to mind.

Murph also gave a lovely insight into Lloyd's character this week as well that resonated with me. Murph was at a park and Lloyd turned up with a young kid in tow. Turns out the young lad lives in Lloyd's street and isca Dog's supporter. Lloyd takes the lad down to the park for a kick every once in a while. What a kind gesture.
Throw in Moz, who just oozes class and it starts to tell a story of how invested we are in trying to establish a real ingrained, positive culture.

Then look at some of the decisions we've made to move certain players out who may not be a positive influence and it starts to show a real pattern.

Bailey Smith to me also looks to fit that 'great character' bill.
Hayden Crozier also has come across in footage I've seen as someone who is of strong character. Wally too, and increasingly, in his own inimitable quirky way Libba( having learned some lessons along the way). Trengove, another held in high esteem for his character traits.

Character seems to be a defining trait that is very desirable at our club.

Now that all means nought if the guys can't play football, however I think the names I've mentioned so far are all guys who have demonstrated their football bonafides. Its just an added bonus, and point of competive advantage that they also make a positive contribution to the overall 'vibe' and 'fibre' to the place.

Hopefully these things are increasingly noticed by players and their agents at other clubs when considering where they or those in their stable might want to play.

I can see why guys like Langdon and McDonald-Tipingwudi are being spoken of as possible trade targets, when viewed through that prism.