If bris win, melb will be full on tank.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The unofficial "Where is T&T?" who to root for thread

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    If bris win, melb will be full on tank.
    can't see Brisbane loosing at home
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    can't see Brisbane loosing at home
    Exactly. When I said the scenario about melb tanking so they could play Coll at the MCG first final to my demons mate, he quickly smiled and winked. Everyone will know it. It will be as obvious as a close Honorable loss for NM against GC
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Exactly. When I said the scenario about melb tanking so they could play Coll at the MCG first final to my demons mate, he quickly smiled and winked. Everyone will know it. It will be as obvious as a close Honorable loss for NM against GC
    Yep, there's no incentive at all for Melbourne to win this weekend.

Being the first game of any real consequence to be completed this round, Brisbane v St Kilda has become the pivotal game this weekend in terms of final top 4/top 8 positions. Saints will be going full bore to avoid an away final to Sydney (as will Brisbane of course to secure a home QF). If the Saints somehow get over the line, Sydney will go full tilt against a Melbourne side going at half rat power, which opens up the possibility that they overtake Carlton's percentage (roughly 50-60 point win needed), which then makes Carlton v GWS a must-win for the baggers in order to avoid an away EF at the SCG.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Yep, there's no incentive at all for Melbourne to win this weekend.

Being the first game of any real consequence to be completed this round, Brisbane v St Kilda has become the pivotal game this weekend in terms of final top 4/top 8 positions. Saints will be going full bore to avoid an away final to Sydney (as will Brisbane of course to secure a home QF). If the Saints somehow get over the line, Sydney will go full tilt against a Melbourne side going at half rat power, which opens up the possibility that they overtake Carlton's percentage (roughly 50-60 point win needed), which then makes Carlton v GWS a must-win for the baggers in order to avoid an away EF at the SCG.
    Kudos to you for being so invested in this season... I just bit a colleague's head off when he wanted to discuss our loss to WC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Kudos to you for being so invested in this season... I just bit a colleague's head off when he wanted to discuss our loss to WC.
    I feel like we've hit our nadir in the last 2 weeks and it's only blue skies from here. It would be nice to get the points at that shitheap and against those arseholes for once, even under current circumstances.

And the test cricket calendar looks rubbish this summer, so I guess having our season extended a little further is alright by me.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

9. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    You should probably see a physician.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    You should probably see a physician.
    I did last night…. Thanks for checking in.

12. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gerard Whately on the radio promoting a "play in or wild card" round and how it would breathe new life into this season if it was in place.

I immediately though oh God no - haven't Bulldog supporters put up with enough misery this season without extending the agony for another week.

Then I did the ladder predictor and we are likely to finish outside the top 10 so it wouldn't involve us anyway, so it's all good.
    (We'll finish 11th if Richmond lose to Port and Essendon lose to the Pies, and 13th if they both win).
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

So on a micro level, is it Carlton lead by 60 points at 3/4 time and then get a handful of 3-4 week injuries to key players? Toby Greene going the biff? Couple of Carlton sling tackles with a concussion attached throughout the first three quarters to help get the lead?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023